HELP! Can I make an 11:10 flight at FLL???

martinimadam

How close am I cutting it to try to get a flight out of FLL at 11:10am on Tuesday (10/14)? I'm on HAL, scheduled to dock at 7:00. The cruise is from Montreal to FLL, with the first U.S. port at Bar Harbor. I'm guessing/hoping that we'll go through customs and Immigration there, so the ship should be "cleared" before we get to FLL. Haven't ever flown out of there before, so don't know if 11:10 is even feasible. The next non-stop doesn't leave til 6pm. I'm thinking of flying first class (Delta) if that would make any difference, and willing to hire a private car if that would help.

Any suggestions???

How close am I cutting it to try to get a flight out of FLL at 11:10am on Tuesday (10/14)? I'm on HAL, scheduled to dock at 7:00. The cruise is from Montreal to FLL, with the first U.S. port at Bar Harbor. I'm guessing/hoping that we'll go through customs and Immigration there, so the ship should be "cleared" before we get to FLL. Haven't ever flown out of there before, so don't know if 11:10 is even feasible. The next non-stop doesn't leave til 6pm. I'm thinking of flying first class (Delta) if that would make any difference, and willing to hire a private car if that would help.

Any suggestions???

I am not sure how anyone could possibly answer your question.

Might I suggest you read the air boards a little more as this topic is covered in detail many times over.

The only person who can say if you will make it is you, but only after the fact.

From my personal experience I have made a flight from FLL in that time frame.

Each persons experience is different.

Conditions on your specific day will be different from mine so nobody can say for sure.

Good luck.

Provided you are not a big group of people and not elderlies and kids involved, you should be able to make, though I would not recommend such.

If you can do self-assist disembarkation before 8am - you should be able to be at airline check-in counter before 9am. Since your arrival is on a Tue, you have much better chance than a Sunday when all the 7-day cruisers hit the airport.

If you can check-in online when you are still onboard HAL on the way in, and get your boarding passes printed - you cut down a lot of the time spent at check-in even you need to check luggages.

Good Luck.

Archived