Hotel in Los Angeles

citoman

My family and I are planning to spend 3 days in LA before boarding the Island Princess. Would like to stay in a nice hotel (3 or 4 stars) in a good location. We are planning to rent a car, so the hotel does not have to be near the Cruise Terminal. We like relatively new hotels or recently remodeled ones.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel?

if you are looking for something really nice this hotel is first class and on the beach in santa monica. its about 7 mi to hollywood or a one hour drive and about 20 min. to the pier. check on line or call the hotel for specials. e-mail me if you have any other questions. i would rate this 6 stars. ben

http://www.loewshotels.com/hotels/beverlyhills/default.asp

Citoman,

What would you like to do while you are here in L.A.? I can direct you by interests. In the meantime...the Hyatt in Long Beach is a beautiful hotel...beautiful views of the ocean (ask for that view-high floor), you can walk to downtown Long Beach which has some very nice restaurants & shopping, and the Pacific Aquarium is right there...the family would love it. There is a little sea village across the street with some shopping & earteries, also. You are not too far from Disneyland if that is on your agenda.

Hope this helps

Thank you Benmon and Ocean.Queen for your suggestions. While in LA, we were thinking of spending one day in Universal Studios and another just going over all the tourist attractions. I don't think we will be visiting Disneyland as we have been many times to Disneyworld.

I am going to check the Loews and the Hyatt now. Thanks a lot!!!!

There is a very nice Hilton & Sheraton right at Universal...the location to look for is Universal City. Universal "City Walk" is great fun in the eveningYou are very close to Hollywood & Vine and the Sunset Strip. Not too far to Rodeo Drive & Beverly Hills...the beach & the Getty Museum. I would avoid the hotels near LAX...too much traffic to contend with. The Loews in Santa Monica is a beautiful hotel.

Archived