Destiny Dry Dock ?

Bases5

I see that the Destiny has no sailing for a couple week between San Juan and Miami. (Sept 2008)

Is it sold out or going to dry dock. I tried to search and all it kept talking about was it multi million dollar refurbishment in 2005

Does anybody know if it going to dry dock and if so do you know what will happen to her?

Let's hope Destiny really does make dry dock soon

so the engineers can get in there and do some maintenance on those diesel injectors!

Last few times she came into Barbados she was smoking badly! :cool:

These pics speak for themselves.

Smokey-8098.jpg

Smokey-8112.jpg

Smokey-8109.jpg

Let's hope Destiny really does make dry dock soon

so the engineers can get in there and do some maintenance on those diesel injectors!

Last few times she came into Barbados she was smoking badly! :cool:

These pics speak for themselves.

Smokey-8098.jpg

Smokey-8112.jpg

Smokey-8109.jpg

Come that smoke is a feature, keeps the bugs away and makes sure other ships know where she is you know just incase you cant see a 101,000 Ton giant White ship infront of you :)

I also read somewhere that they are redoing the bedding. The first sailing after dry dock will be a one time 6 day cruise to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. ( Sept 21 ). After that it will alternate between 4 and five day cruises from its new home port in Miami.

I sure hope they fix the air conditioning (or lack of). We had no a/c in our cabin a couple years ago and it was brutal. There were a lot of complaints about this back then. Some cabins had a/c and others didn't. Or have they already fixed this?

We are going out on her on Oct. 6...can't wait...glad they will have a outside theatre...looking forward to all upgrades.

On another subject...we got a wonderful guar. balcony price and because of being past guest was upgraded to verandah deck 8C.

Missygirl

Man, thats a lot of smoke!

One of the crew told me that they usually incinerate the trash at night so the heavier smoke doesn't bother the passengers. I can't imagine why they would be doing that in port during the day, so it's gotta be the engines.

Maybe she's got engine sludge, someone should get her some Castrol.:D

Hi Bases- I researched the Destiny drydock seeing if they would be adding a specialty restaurant as well, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen... We loved the specialty restaurant on the Miracle, it was one of our favorite meals EVER! I wish they'd add this to more of their ships, especially on the shorter itineraries.

See you in 76 days (you can't get away from my countdowns even on the non-roll call thread :D )

Jen

• 4 weeks later...

Archived