Bon Voyage gifts

Gingee

yeah! if you go to your link and hit that little drop down box to the right it has two other sets. There is the honeymoon set, romance set and anniversary set. Just trying to figure out what the difference is... :D

About the towel. maybee thats why it's the romance set.... You are supose to share the towel:p

Did it include only one towel??? Seems strange that the other things are twos (two shirts, two visors) but only one towel.

I know I was surprised to see only one towel too. Wish it had 2 in it. But since there was only one. It's mine :D

I have ordered the cookies the last 2 cruises for us & our travel companions. They are very good and make for a good snack the whole cruise (if you can make them last that long) :rolleyes:

I also ordered choc strawberries to be delivered on day 3 (a special occasion), but they were in the room when we arrived :(

As I was browsing Carnival's website, I discovered they do personalized gifts as well! I ordered three tote bags for my friends and I taking a cruise to celebrate our birthdays. Had our names put on them. They turned out sooooo cute! They were only like $15/tote. They are very nice quality. These won't be delivered to our room. I have to bring them on board, but I will put them out when I get a minute alone in the room.

HTH!

Paula

When DS and DIL went on their honeymoon (left on Ds's b-day) I had Happy birthday decorations in their room and stawberries were supposed to be waiting in the room when they arrived. The decorations were there, but strawberries arrived later. It was not that BIG of a deal, but I really wanted them there when they arrived (DS LOVES strawberries- that's what I always get him for his b-day).

I have ordered b-day decorations for DD. I sure hope they are in the room when we arrive....

I ordered the backpack(slingbag) for my DD in April They were really nice and big. We used them on our excursions. The had t-shirt, water bottle, watch, cd holder and one other item in them. They were well worth the $40. I also got my husband the cooler with beer and mugs. They all thought it was great. It was all in our room when we arrived. I did not tell them they were getting them. It was fun to see them sitting in the room and the expressions on my families faces when they realized it was all for them. They were mad that I did buy myself something but I enjoy getting them something. This was our 1st cruise and everything was great.:)

I've searched the bon voyage gift site but didn't see any liquor packages. Does anyone know if they are available? My husband ordered a scotch package on another line for our last cruise and really enjoyed it. I was hoping to do the same for him on our upcoming cruise on Spirit in January

I wish I had bought the 6 pk cooler with beer (or cokes), mug, and hat. When I realized it was a good deal it was too late for me to order it (too close to sail date). I think it is only 20-25 bucks. You can spend that much money on the ship for just 4 beers. The cooler would have come in handy to keep some drinks I brought with me cold (the fridge is weak). I can always use an extra hat ...and I really liked the bucket hat that came with the coronas.

High seas romance gift set?

Was wondering if you could tell me what was in this set. They also have a honeymooners set and was trying to figure out what the difference is. Thanks

They are exactly the same except for the glasses. Our had "Happy Anniversary". Not sure what the honeymoon ones have.

The pkg is WELL WORTH the money. I'm thinking of ordering another one for our Oct cruise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmith49203 viewpost.gif

High seas romance gift set?

Was wondering if you could tell me what was in this set. They also have a honeymooners set and was trying to figure out what the difference is. Thanks

They are exactly the same except for the glasses. Our had "Happy Anniversary". Not sure what the honeymoon ones have.

The pkg is WELL WORTH the money. I'm thinking of ordering another one for our Oct cruise

THANKS FOR THE REPLY!! I MIGHT GET THIS PACKAGE!

On our first cruise, my parents arranged to have chocolate strawberries in our cabin when we embarked. We loved that! They also sent the "Hearts Forever" Honeymoon gift basket, which we enjoyed (we still have the champagne glasses and the tic-tac-toe game!).

SIL has asked for our booking and cabin # and my assumption is that it's to arrange for a Bon Voyage gift. I think I will also arrange for the cookie tray to be in our cabin when we get on the ship!

We had the romance package thru Bon Voyage... as stated before it is well worth it.

I figured that bought separately the package would be over $140 but it is $79 bought together.

The bar credit is worth $21, pic credit - $18, bubbly - $35 (I think) = $74

Then you have hats, t-shirts, towel, glasses and I think key chains.

On our cruise a few weeks ago I ordered cookies and candy. It was nice to come into the room to see the box of tasty cookies and the container of some candies. We enjoyed snacking on them during the few days we were on the cruise.

I ordered the fruit and wine basket last time, as well as a bottle of Southern Comfort for my husband. The basket was ok, the wine was underwhelming though and the cabin fridge was too small to hold all the stuff from the basket that needed to be refridgerated. It didn't come with a corkscrew, but I left a note asking the room steward for one and it came promptly.

I'm planning on ordering chocolate covered strawberries (for me) and cookies (for my husband) this time. I haven't decided on ordering liquor yet- I might call and get a price list. I'll either do that or rum runner flasks.

fyi, for those who don't know- the liquor is not listed on the website, you have to call Bon Voyage directly. If you call the 800-Carnival number and ask for liquor to be delivered to your room, they act like they have no clue what you are talking about. ;)

Last year (Sept) on the Legend, DH ordered roses to be waiting in the cabin. The kids got there first and gave away the secret, but they were without a doubt the MOST beautiful red roses I have ever received (in my 40+ years)!!!! By the end of the cruise, I had removed only one rose due to wilting. I hated to leave them, as you can't carry them off (the only drawback). I gave them to a crewmember with instructions to pass them on to a "sweetie" on the ship. I was told they enjoy them for days afterwards. Dare I hope for them again this year??

Sol y Mar

I did order the cocktail book for my daughter's boyfriend, strawberries for my mom, shirt for husband, photo coupon for my daughter and nothing for me (at least for now). We have ordered in the past and there isn't anything else that I can think of that I want for now.

Archived