Bon Voyage gifts

Gingee

Thanks for this thread! Although it will be 3 weeks later, we'll be celebrating our 5 year anniversary on our November cruise on Glory. I've been contemplating the fruit/wine basket or even splurge for the romance set...hubby loves fruit so I'll probably go with the fruit/wine - after hearing all the positive reviews all around...thanks!!

Speaking of corkscrews, there was one in the cabin with the bottle of wine.

this reminds me.. I pre-ordered a bucket of beer (Corona). It was there on arrival, which was great, but there was no bottle opener. We asked our steward for one, but were told he couldn't provide it. We ended up buying one in the gift shop. So, if you plan to pre-order this item, bring a bottle opener - or become friends with a bartender ;)

Has anyone ever requested substitutions in the packages? Like I would love to order the beer cooler to be in our cabin when we arrive, but we drink Bud Light, not Budweiser, and my husband wears visors, not baseball caps. Do you think if I called in to order, they would make those substitutions?

Anyone have some prices on the liquer? Thanks

The rum and vodka I bought was $40 per quart (not liter). It was quality stuff not rotgut. The prices around SC would be in the $20-25 range for the same. It was worth it... not worrying about anything breaking/smuggling/etc. I will do it next I go. Between the Romance package and the liquor we were set... for the first night! lol

Has anyone ever requested substitutions in the packages? Like I would love to order the beer cooler to be in our cabin when we arrive, but we drink Bud Light, not Budweiser, and my husband wears visors, not baseball caps. Do you think if I called in to order, they would make those substitutions?

I ordered the budweiser/cooler package for DH for this Oct. and after I did realized it wasn't bud light....I called the carnival bon voyage dept and asked if they had bud light and she said not in the packages; but after it's delivered to the cabin I could have the steward exchange it for bud light....I'll see if it is so...

Returned today from the Fantasy. Our 40th Annniversary Cruise. I had flowers and a bottle of champange in the cabin when we arrived. I brought 2 bottles. Hey guys that is the trick...... I was the man all week. Can't wait to go again... Next ..Carnival Splendor in NOV 2008

We did a family cruise in June on the Fantasy. I ordered Bon Voyage decorations for the 2 cabins that my grandchildren would be in. The cabins weren't decorated until the evening of the second day while we were at dinner (8:00 p.m.).

I had to go to the purser's desk twice to get it done at all. Actually, I requested a refund, but they refused. I do not plan on ordering from them again. The decorations should have been there as the kids entered their cabin for the first time. Who wants them at the end of the second day?

We did a family cruise in June on the Fantasy. I ordered Bon Voyage decorations for the 2 cabins that my grandchildren would be in. The cabins weren't decorated until the evening of the second day while we were at dinner (8:00 p.m.).

I had to go to the purser's desk twice to get it done at all. Actually, I requested a refund, but they refused. I do not plan on ordering from them again. The decorations should have been there as the kids entered their cabin for the first time. Who wants them at the end of the second day?

It sounds like a lot of people received their items on the wrong days. I see what you are saying about the decorations. Not as much of a suprise on day 2..

Archived