Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

For All of you Visual people out there here is a Rear pic of the Ruby showing the New Balcony cabins at the side of the Aft Pool.....previously they were Window cabins on the Crown and Emerald......:D

DSC03537.jpg

Hello and thanks again for this fabulous thread.

I wanted to add my pics of E732 on the Diamond. We loved listening to and looking at the wake. We went through a pod of whales and it was fabulous to be able to see them for a very long time.

The balcony is very deep which is nice if you are entertaining. We didn't have much sun because of the time of year and direction we were cruising. November from LA/Mexican Riviera. I just went to the end of the balcony in front of the beam and put my lounge chair there :D

We had a beam but it wasn't too bothersome.

Cheers, Denise

71979345.jpg

71979590.jpg

Great shot Denise, I don't consider these beams a hinderence, the real beam cabins though have it smack in the middle of the balcony where you can squeeze around either side. :eek:

Deedee, we would like the photos of aft balcony for Tahitian Princess. We are booked on her (once she is renamed Ocean Princess) for March 2010 to Asia.

Thank you.

Faye jdiacon@telusplanet.net

we've been on deck 6 aft twice on the Tahiatian--we've had the OS twice--the aft at least on 6 is the best--deck 6 is the best because the balonys are larger because the ship kinda comes out to a point there--the suites are on the sides of the 2 balconies--be careful--everyone back there becomes friendly--You'll love it--we had booked the OS for the current Alaska cruise--but had to cancel

after 15 Princess cruises--that 6 aft is my favorite

We're taking Sapphire for New Years Eve--and taking an aft balcony--really not much to pick from since we just booked--hoping that aft balcony that no one seems to want is as great as we hope it is

Sorry no pictures--you're going to love it--I Hope

Safe Travels

Nancy:D

Maybe someone here can answer an aft question for me.

When we were on the Diamond we were in A751. We could walk out of the aft cabin and a side door took you out to some steps that took you to the next deck and Horizon court.

We will be in C751 on the first week and B748 the next two weeks on the

CB. I see a passageway on diagrams for the Baja deck. Can we walk out of B748 and out a side door up two levels? Or is this some sort of crew stairwell?

thanks

We will be in C751 on the first week and B748 the next two weeks on the CB. I see a passageway on diagrams for the Baja deck. Can we walk out of B748 and out a side door up two levels? Or is this some sort of crew stairwell?

After reading other threads and posts on this site, i believe that is a crew stairwell. The only time it is open is when the muster drill takes place.

Thanks for the photos. I'm not in a balcony (I wish!) but am in A748 one of those twin porthole cabins you can see at the top (on the Star Prinecss).

I may not have a private balcony but I'm only steps from the open aft deck :)

Someone on another thread said that 2 days before the cruise they were offered a full refund if they would accept an inside cabin instead of the balcony they booked. When I told DH about the offer he had to stop and think about it - we booked this cruise well in advance specifically to get the aft balcony. I would think about it for only a second - then I would grab the free cruise with the inside and immediately book another cruise with an aft balcony.

• 3 weeks later...

Great link. Thank you for your reply, it makes me understand the view a lot better. We are currently booked in cabin PS A750, and are thinking of moving to OS A752 or OS A753. Big question is do you take the smaller cabin size of PS A750 by the vent with no beams, or take the larger OS suite with the beams? What do you think?

Thank you again for you help.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the great shots. Does anyone have pictures or info on The Crown Princess aft cabin D734 or D735. I originally booked E734 and switched to Dolphin D734 because the square footage was around 21 ft bigger. I would love if anyone has a picture to share, as I am not sure of the beams and how much they obstruct views.

Thanks again.

Pghcruisers

iU a.

• 3 months later...

Just found this thread. Awesome awesome awesome. Now that I have already booked E733, I feel sort of ok about it. The beam...darn. Only other one available is E732 and I'm not sure I would care for the Fusion noise. This is on the Ruby.

Hoping I made the right choice:confused:

Edited by beannie