Carnival in Key West

Bases5

Why do you think Carnival is docked at the outer mole, even when it the only ship in port.

Once in a blue moon a Carnival ship's docks a pier B, but not often .

I understand the outer mole when other ships are there but when its the only ship in port, that stinks.

It is so much nicer docking at Mallory square or Pier B and just walking back instead of taking the tram.

The Celebration always docked in Mallory square. Maybe because it was a small ship

Seems reasonable since the locals do not like the view completely blocked.They also do not let ships stay at Mallory till sunset.

The Freedom will be docked @ pier B twice in December and looks as though will be a regulare there in 2009.

My Bad

You are right. I forgot Carnival named there ship the same as RCI

I saw Freedom but thought it was RCCI's ship

So if you're docked at the outer mole, what is right there when you get off the ship? A little shopping or maybe a visitors center?

How long does it take to get to town if you take the tram? Where does it drop you off?

Does anyone have a map that shows the dock, tram route and downtown area?

So if you're docked at the outer mole, what is right there when you get off the ship? A little shopping or maybe a visitors center?

How long does it take to get to town if you take the tram? Where does it drop you off?

Does anyone have a map that shows the dock, tram route and downtown area?

There is nothing there, & you have to board the tram into town. It's part of the Naval Station, i guess, so they don't want feral civilians wandering around unmonitored :D

The tram doesn't take very long ... 10 minutes, tops, if memory serves ... it drops you off right in the middle of everything near Mallory Square, the museums, etc.

Frommer's has an excellent interactive, downloadable & printable map of Key West http://www.frommers.com/destinations/keywest/12_maps.html

Looks like we are docking at Port B ? Never docked there before.I am very excited to show my parents KeyWest..but worried the dock will not be very impressive and a little far for them to walk ! Anyone with pics or info would be helpfull..thanks

Its not that big of a deal to tram to town, It would seem nicer if no other ship is in port to dock closer. Maybe the previous poster is correct and they can only block certain views x number of days per month?

Archived