Zodiac ride in Iguassu Falls

franu

We are doing the add-on to Iguassu Falls before our Antarctic cruise. We have heard about a zodiac ride to the falls and are very interested. I have found only one company providing this service and am wondering if there are any more. The one that we found is the Macuco Safari.

If you have gone on one of the zodiac trips in Igaussu Falls, please tell me how managable it was. What preparations did you have to make.

I am really looking forward to this and hope that it will be possible to fit into our schedule. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi!

We walked to where the little boats are and pay for the tour there. No problem.

We got very wet!!!!!!!!!!!! So be very careful with your cameras.

It was a lot of fun!:D

Enjoy it!

NCP

NCP,

Thank you for your reply. Which side did you embark? Was it the Brazilian or Argentinian side? If I might ask, what was the name of the company, when and how much did it cost?

It sound like so much fun. I will probably use a waterproof disposable camera and wear a swimsuit under a gauze top and pants.

Fran

Hi Fran,

We embarked in the argentinian side. We were at the Sheraton Hotel right in the Park.

We paid 30 pesos (aprx. US$10) for the ride. It really was a lot of fun. Unfortunately I do not have the name of the company.

Also we were given big plastic bags to keep thigs dry! I was wearing my bathing suit and put my clothes inside the bag.

This was last year, so prices may be different.

For general information, take a look at this WEB page : http://www.iguazuargentina.com/

Have a great time!

Best regards,

NCP

The Safari boats leave from the Brazilian side. You pay booth on the main park road (about a mile from the Tropical Das Cataratas hotel) and they drive you down to the boats on a truckbed. This drive has a narration available in over 10 languages about the local rain forest vegetation and animals. Near the bottom of the canyon you have a choice of continuing on the truck or taking a short hike the rest of the way past a waterfall (a very easy walk). Once you arrive at the river you go out on a pontoon dock and they have a place to store your shoes and other clothing (don't leave any valuables). Anything you take with you on the boat will get soaked. They have plastic rain coats you can wear, but these were just hot and clammy and those that used them got just as wet as everyone else. Take along a few ziplock bags to keep your wallet and camera dry. I was there in the winter, but it was still very hot, so I did not mind getting wet at all. The ride is exhilirating...be sure to hold on tight as they do a lot of hot dogging to get everyone more excited. Going under the water at the falls was incredible...the water is like the hardest rain you can imagine and stings your face and eyes from the force. I was glad I took this trip. You are on the boat for about 30 minutes. They drive you back up the road to the tour headquarters after the trip, where you can again catch the park shuttle bus. In 2002 the cost was about $20 total.

Splinter,

Thanks for the in depth answer. Your description of entering the falls makes me feel like I have already been there. I understand that nothing will equal being there and feeling it first hand.

Did you make the arrangements yourself or did you do an add-on from the cruise line? If it was an add-on, which line was it? I don't know how to go about making sure that I have the time and opportunity to experience this incredible adventure.

Fran

Vendors in the park on both sides of the river offer rides into the Devil’s Throat. Next to the spectacular views this was the highlight of our trip to the Falls. DW laughed her a** off the entire ride. Of course everyone got soaking wet, but it didn’t take long to dry out.

• 3 weeks later...

curisergal,Did you go from the Argentina side or was it Brazil? I am grateful for the information regarding the "long walk up a very steep and long set of steps to be picked up by the truck".

Thanks

Fran

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I am so envious of everyone traveling in South America. I was there earlier this year and cannot wait to return!

We did the Macuco Safari jungle tour and boat ride (Brazilian side) and loved it. They literally take you underneath the falls. :D We saw the Argentina-side tour and it looked very comparable. Definitely plan on getting wet and bring a waterproof camera. I'm pretty sure they gave us ziplock bags to put our belongings in that we didn't want to get wet. It is so warm there that our shorts and tanks dried quickly after the ride.

It's really easy to book the tour on your own - just show up. They will accommodate everyone that comes. I think they had tours leaving every 30 or 45 minutes.

Also, if you can, take both the Brazilian and Argentina walking trails around the falls. They are both wonderful.

Have fun!

Archived