Oasis Booking Info

I guess not many TAs/C&A/RCCL staff will be yet aware of the details about booking hence why it says in the first post...21st July for announcement going out to trade.

Vicki Freed did state in her conference call to 300 TAs that the booking would open first to C&A members,she just didnt give a date at that time but now we know :D I am guessing Vicki's next conference call on July 22nd will explain more to TAs with regard to booking terms etc.:confused:

Hope we do have pricing prior to bookings opening on Aug 21. For Freedom inaugural sailing when I booked the opening morning we had NO pricing and the deck plans were only released a few days prior with only cabin areas showing and other areas blacked out. So when I booked that is when I found out the price. I recall on the roll call thread all theposters sharing the pricing we had all received.

Lowest pricing for each category was gone quickly and they had just so many cabins at the lead in price. Subsequently with about 6 months to sailing pricing started to come down and I ended up in a balcony cabin for the same price as my inside I booked on opening day. I just kept watching the website for price decreases.

AquaTheater_Day_w_sailboats.jpg

Gordon thanks for this photo..with my long trip to Sydney the day they had all the reveals in New York this is the first time I have seen this photo

What are the balcony type areas next to the Rock Climbing wall and on the other side? Will the general public have acces to those areas?

Also it looks like a huge monitor on the very aft of the ship.

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but my TA just forwarded me this e-mail. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the ship, especially since we know so little about it right now. Deck plans and more specific info on the cabin types, as well as what they are estimating pricing to be would be great. I asked my TA if he had any idea what the pricing is going to be, and he said no but that they'll most likely be reserving some group space, so hopefully it won't be too bad.:cool:

Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 2:49 PM

To:rccl.com

Subject: Oasis of the Seas announcement - opening dates...please read

Good Afternoon,

Royal Caribbean International will be sending out an announcement to the trade

on July 21st to announce ALL opening dates for the " Oasis of the Seas" !

See details below:

On 8/21 we will open deployment for Diamond Plus and Diamond.

On 8/28 for all other Crown & Anchor members

On 9/03 for the general public

We wanted to make sure that our travel partner's were informed prior to the communication

going out to our Crown & Anchor members.

Have a great day!

Regards

On a TA conference call with Vicki Freed, she said there will be no group space available during the first month of Oasis

Gordon thanks for this photo..with my long trip to Sydney the day they had all the reveals in New York this is the first time I have seen this photo

What are the balcony type areas next to the Rock Climbing wall and on the other side? Will the general public have acces to those areas?

Also it looks like a huge monitor on the very aft of the ship.

Not sure about those areas. There are going to be Aqua suites that overlook the Aqua pool area and the rear of the ship but until we see the deck plans, it's hard to tell.

There are actually two large screens that will be used during the shows for the Aqua Theater. I guess that RCI could also use them for movies and sporting events also.

Hope we do have pricing prior to bookings opening on Aug 21. For Freedom inaugural sailing when I booked the opening morning we had NO pricing and the deck plans were only released a few days prior with only cabin areas showing and other areas blacked out. So when I booked that is when I found out the price. I recall on the roll call thread all theposters sharing the pricing we had all received.

Lowest pricing for each category was gone quickly and they had just so many cabins at the lead in price. Subsequently with about 6 months to sailing pricing started to come down and I ended up in a balcony cabin for the same price as my inside I booked on opening day. I just kept watching the website for price decreases.

emmy: Do you remember what the price started out for the inside? Pricing may still be a little different for the Oasis, but it might give us some idea of pricing. Thanks.

emmy: Do you remember what the price started out for the inside? Pricing may still be a little different for the Oasis, but it might give us some idea of pricing. Thanks.

Yes I do recall. I initially booked the lowest inside Cat Q and it was $1399 per person plus taxes for about $1494. I save things I still have the invoice.:D At that point especially not knowing the pricing I just wanted to be on the ship. I kept that inside until about 3 months out when pricing started to come down

I do recall friends who booked balconies and they paid in the range of $1750 - 1800. per person on opening day.

In the end the price I paid for a balcony guarantee on deck 8 was

$1519. including taxes.

When you talk about lowest prices going quickly and only so many cabins at the lead in price...I have a question.

From what I understand is that during the C&A presales that they fix the price for members and then the prices will only adjust after the public on sale date.

From your experience with the Freedom...did the prices adjust during the presale for C&A or only afterwards once it went on sale for the public.

I ask this because I am a Platinum member right now (although will be Diamond in November) and am concerned that with our presale a week after the Diamond presale that the prices will rise dramamtically during that week period.

Any help on this issue is appreicated as those of us who are not quite Diamond are worried about higher prices.

MaidenNYC,

As I recall for Freedom, prices pretty much stayed the same throughout. I do know that the ship WAS NOT totally sold out. I was able to view rooms that were empty (the cleaning crew left the doors open). The presale is for those long standing, faithful members to get they're choice.. It's my belief that since it's the maiden prices are pretty much fixed. Hope this helps..

I'll be booking "blind" also. Even on the inaugural for Freedom, it didn't have pricing but it didn't matter. Some of us had inside and some had oceanview!! I just want to be on it..

Exactly I was booking blind that first morning when bookings opened. Prices after that actually went up but did settle down and then like I said about 3 months prior they hit their lowest and an inside could be had for $899. per person.

Like Coolnrj says... we did not sail full on the inaugural and sailed about Voyager class capacity. I would not panic if I did not get a cabin that first day.... lots will book and then cancel.

What do they do on inagural cruises? I've NEVER sailed one and am "in line" to hopefully book Oasis inagural8/21 (rumor has it) when they open up for Diamond C&A.

Can you SHARE with us your experiences outsite a standard cruise?

What do they do on inagural cruises? I've NEVER sailed one and am "in line" to hopefully book Oasis inagural8/21 (rumor has it) when they open up for Diamond C&A.

Can you SHARE with us your experiences outsite a standard cruise?

Unfortunately for my experience of sailing in Freedom inaugural not too much. We were greeted with a glass of champagne, received a certificate and a photo of the ship in a leather -type folder and mostly bragging rights that I was on that first revenue sailing. :)

Oh yes the only port to treat us specially was Montego Bay Jamaica and they had a concert by Shaggy pierside and other music for our enjoyment.

There was no special entertainer on board and really was much like other sailings except we could still smell the newness of the ship and knew that very few if any had slept in the bed in our cabin:D Everything did go smoothly and really no problems with the ship so that was a positive.

Sure hope it would be better for Oasis.

AND I finally felt comfortable walking with my shoes off on the carpet in our cabin knowing not many people had walked on it. Don't forget that blue lunch bag received too..yes, you could definately tell the newness of the ship..

The more I read about the Oasis, the harder it is to WAIT!!! I think we need a support group just for this class of ship.

I'm ready for an inagural one.

There is a Roll Call started for the Inaugural where we all all trying very hard to support each other ...while we wait...and wait...:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=806035

AND I finally felt comfortable walking with my shoes off on the carpet in our cabin knowing not many people had walked on it. Don't forget that blue lunch bag received too..yes, you could definately tell the newness of the ship..

LOL you mean the collectors item lunch bag that has 'inaugural' spelled wrong:D:D I use it all the time.

LOL you mean the collectors item lunch bag that has 'inaugural' spelled wrong:D:D I use it all the time.

Thats too funny...........I have a friend who went on the Brilliance inaugural and it too was spelled wrong on something she got(I forget the item,but remember the spelling)

BTW--no jet lag,Emmy??:p

BTW--no jet lag,Emmy??:p

Not too bad K ~ adjusting nicely. Took 46 travel hours to get home from Sydney with flight delays which led to missed connections and all. I figure I can fly anywhere now and it is a piece of cake.:D

Archived