Silver Moon Cruise Tours

2Canucks

Has anyone done a "recent" Silver Moon cruise tour?

We're looking at doing their "5 hour Lunch cruise" with 2 snorkel stops. First stop is where you Swim with the Turtles.

Here's a link to their website...

http://www.silvermoonbarbados.com/htdocs/contact/index.html

Please share your Silver Moon experience with us.

Pat :)

haven't been since '06 but loved it so much that we booked it again for this October!!

you will be treated like royalty for a day!! this tour starts with them picking you up at the pier...they take you to the catamaran (either the 12 person or 24 person depending on which one you book) and offer you a beverage of choice (like juice or water)..then it's off sailing in Barbados beautiful waters!!

they stop at a place to snorkel with the sea turtles and boy, are they huge!! :) they are very tame and an instructor gets into the water and feeds them so they come near you...(you can stay on the catamaran if you want to)you can also swim over to a shipwreck site (nice snorkeling here as many different fish are around that site)...

then they take you to a secluded spot, and give you a really nice lunch...we had flying fish, chicken, pasta salad, and a few other things i can't remember off the top of my head.... they will now offer you beer , wine or any other drinks you would like....(unlimited of course) you can swim here too if you want...

then it's a nice long ride back to the dock while they serve you pina coladas, daiquiris or whatever you want....and banana bread too!! it's heaven!! you can relax on the front of the catamaran on the netting or sit on the front seats at each corner, or sit at the back and let your feet dangle in the water!!

it is about a 5 hour tour and well worth it!! :)

ok, now i am ready to go again..but have to wait til October....oh well...

hope this helps...

Marsha

We have taken the Silver Moon excursion numerous times over the last 5 years, and just booked it again for this January. It is one of my all time favorite tours in the Caribbean, well worth every penny.

We love the smaller of the catamarans, now the Silver Moon II. It carrys no more than 12 passengers so there is lots of personalized service. The swim with the turtles and snorkeling has always been some of the best we have seen.

The crew attends to your every need and you honestly do feel like you are spending the day in the old 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' show. (sorry, showing my age here I guess lol).

It really is worth booking. It must be or we would not have decided to book it again.

My husband and I were just on the Silver Moon II (12 passengers) on July 2, 2008. It was wonderful! After getting onboard, every single moment was great. It was rainy the day we went but even that did not spoil the fun. Beverages: as much as you want and pretty much whatever you want. Food: Delicious! I am a picky eater and the chicken was heavenly. My husband loved the flying fish. The banana bread on the way back was a lovely surprise - mmm warm from the oven and better than any banana bread I have ever had.

Oh and then of course, you get to swim with sea turtles! How often does that happen in daily life? They are big and very much accustomed to snorkelers in the water. Check out the puffer fish that hang around looking for scraps. The whole thing is an amazing sight. The shipwrecks are pretty cool looking and the coral and sea life is some of the best I have seen in years.

Please do not make my mistake. I bought a new digital camera capable of taking underwater video specifically for this cruise (Olympus Stylus 850 SW). I was so excited to get footage of the turtles as I swam with them and I would have, but I forgot to put the battery back in after charging it! ARGH!!!!! Check before you leave the cruise ship!

The whole day was nothing but good. The crew and staff were exceptional and enjoyed chatting with us or answering questions. (Capitan Ben and his "first mate", who's name escapes me right now). Silver Moon is a class operation and worth every penny. I know I am not the only one who has no reservations recommending them to others. Go! Have fun! One word of suggestion ~ Because you are not supposed to wear flippers while in the water with the turtles, it can be a little hard to tread water, wear the buoyancy vest. I went out without one first and quickly went back to get one. I also asked if I could use fins as I was not making the progress necessary to reach the turtles. Once I reached the turtles I was very cautious not to hit them or other snorkelers by keeping my fins crossed and out of the water. Everyone else did fine without fins...my old achy knees and ankles are catching up with me I guess.

We did the silver moon tour in March 2006. We are going back to Barbados on the Carnival Victory in May 2009 and I have already contacted Ocean Adventures to book the silver moon tour again. It was awesome. Well worth the money!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Silvermoon for Thanksgiving Day! We can't wait. Quick question though. . .there are 6 of us, ranging from age 11 to 63. I am a little worried that my parents will have trouble getting on and off the catamaran. Will it be difficult for them?

I was there with green-eyed lady and I do remember that the boat wasn't quite next to the dock and there was a tiny open space to hop over. They were very helpful getting us "middle-age ladies" on and off the boat. There were 2 guys to take your hand, if needed, to help you step from the dock to the boat. They do collect your shoes before you board.

We are booked on the Silvermoon for Thanksgiving Day! We can't wait. Quick question though. . .there are 6 of us, ranging from age 11 to 63. I am a little worried that my parents will have trouble getting on and off the catamaran. Will it be difficult for them?

When we were getting onboard the tide was out and the catamaran was lower in the water and not even with the pier/dock height wise. While most of the 12 on our trip were able to just hop onboard without worry, I had two bad ankles and one bad knee to deal with. I sat down on the pier/dock and that made it much easier to get on. The two crew members helped too. The tide was in when we came back so it was no trouble at all to get off. I am sure they will be fine. Have a great time!!!

We're sailing Victory next June. I would like more info on Silvermoon. The web link on this thread only shows Catamarans and booking. Where do I find the offered tours?

Mrsosci

I don't think they tell you what the tour options are until you contact them. If you check back to one of my previous posts (#17) I copied the email I received from them explaining the excursions. I would suggest contacting them to see if they have changed any of their excursion itineraries. Hope this helps!!

Shirley

Waterbug,

We got back to the bus at 2:30 and it was a short (maybe 5-7 min) ride back to the pier. At the pier there is some shopping I think but nothing great. I'm not sure if I'm getting my ports mixed up though as far as the shopping goes :eek: After awhile they all become a blur...lol You will love SM...we had a great time!

Archived