Geocaching in Alaska....anyone????

keepercruisin

Hi there, I am going on the Princess July 27th....I have collected two bugs to plant in either Seattle or in Alaska...I am new to this game and I am so addicted to it. The only thing I am having trouble with is....where do I plant these little guys? When I plug in a zip code, I am lost as to where to plant them. Seems like I need help. I don't want to make a long trek up a mountain or hill to the unknown....so, I need an easy place to place them, yet a bit challanging for the next guy or gal to find them.....any ideas???:confused:

when you plug in a zip at geocaching.com you will receive a relative list of sites. each cache will have a rating for difficulty and terrain. there is a hotlink for "search for caches w/ google maps" that will graphically display locations. it can be difficult to do a successful retrieval at the most convenient sites when it's a four ship day and there are muggles about.

reports from sitka are to leave nothing of value as the caches are being vandalized.

Archived