New Cruise On Travel Channel Friday

catmand

I heard about this on the RCI board and the people over there claimed that Samantha didn't have as good a time on Carnival as she has on RCI ships she has featured on her other cruise shows.

...the people over there call us white trash wal-mart shoppers too.:rolleyes:

...the people over there call us white trash wal-mart shoppers too.:rolleyes:

Yea...there are still jealous cause Carnival got Princess and Cunard out from under their noses!!! :D

Guest carlogesualdo
I heard about this on the RCI board and the people over there claimed that Samantha didn't have as good a time on Carnival as she has on RCI ships she has featured on her other cruise shows.

I'm starting to have a theory about that. Her first cruise was a 12-day Med cruise. Her second, I think, was a typical 7-day on the Freedom of the Seas. Her Carnival cruise was a 4- or 5-day cruise as part of her Great Weekends series. I see the purpose of that, but those shorter cruises have a reputation for being heavy on the party atmosphere. I know she's not afraid of being social, but I don't think that kind of partying is her thing, and I don't think that's what she wants to put on her shows. Maybe that's why people are so disappointed in that one. If she did a longer Carnival cruise, it would probably live up to typical Samantha Brown.

I'm starting to have a theory about that. Her first cruise was a 12-day Med cruise. Her second, I think, was a typical 7-day on the Freedom of the Seas. Her Carnival cruise was a 4- or 5-day cruise as part of her Great Weekends series. I see the purpose of that, but those shorter cruises have a reputation for being heavy on the party atmosphere. I know she's not afraid of being social, but I don't think that kind of partying is her thing, and I don't think that's what she wants to put on her shows. Maybe that's why people are so disappointed in that one. If she did a longer Carnival cruise, it would probably live up to typical Samantha Brown.

True enough. Maybe she should do a 7 day on the Spirit or Miracle.

Oddly enough, Hulk Hogan took his show and entourage on the Inspiration once.:rolleyes:

I think it's a valid theory; and it's something that occurred to me, too.

Our first few cruises were 7-days. We eventually did a 4-day on the Holiday, out of Los Angeles some years ago -- during Spring Break Week! Aaaaack! *LOL* Even though it was still a good vacation, and we had a good time it was our least favorite cruise. A few years ago we sailed an 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego, and up until our Med cruise on the Freedom last year, it was our favorite cruise ever. We've done several 3-day weekend cruises out of Long Beach and enjoy them, but know what they will be: just short relaxing breaks. The difference between a 3- or 4-day cruise and a 12-day is like night and day. There's barely a comparison at all.

I wish Samantha would do one of Carnival's longer, more-exotic cruises, like our cruise that took in Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Actually, she said right off that she couldn't drink as much because a lot of people recognized her. It seems on the show she spent a lot of time taking pics with fans and signing autographs, which probably got a bit old. (But hey, it's the price of fame!) Other than that, it looked like she was having fun.

Oh, and as for the partying - her first show in Vegas, she dances with the Pussycat Dolls and bartends off the Strip. I swear, she's been very, very giggly on these Weekend shows, far more than on her other shows. My husband watched it for about ten seconds and asked if Sam was drunk.

Well she had a hangover on her weekend to South Beach with her girlfriends. It was pretty funny. They seemed to have a blast and I really enjoyed that one. I have seen all three shows and I agree that I think each cruise was approached differently. The Inspiration getaway she did say she just wanted to rest and relax so maybe she was trying to get rid of Carnival's "party boat" reputation and show another side. I enjoyed all the shows and have them DVR'd so I can watch them whenever I see I still have 168 days to go :(.

I was on that Inspiration cruise with a group of 40 other women and was very aware of Samantha and her crew. She may have wanted to have a relaxing and quick getaway, but any time we saw her, she was bombarded by fans and very hard at work. I'm not sure she was able to relax very much. She was always polite and gracious with a genuine smile, not at all like she came off on her show.

I was on that Inspiration cruise with a group of 40 other women and was very aware of Samantha and her crew. She may have wanted to have a relaxing and quick getaway, but any time we saw her, she was bombarded by fans and very hard at work. I'm not sure she was able to relax very much. She was always polite and gracious with a genuine smile, not at all like she came off on her show.

Yep..People forget....When she is on a ship like this filming she is at work not on vacation. How many of you drink while working ?And when she's doing this it is almost 24/7. When she gets to go on vacation I gaurantee she is tipping a few back and having a great time.......;) ;)

By the way...she said she had a great time on this ship.....:D And so did I for the four nighter.....;)

You have a great point.

It was a short cruise and I am sure she was tired and not being able to relax at all because of her fellow passengers.

I do think on the RCI board they had a different idea in mind which was to use the opportunity to bash Carnival and say Samantha didn't enjoy it because it was Carnival.

Perhaps the same would have happened had she been on a short RCI cruise on one of their smaller ships?

I'm glad we have an eye witness to explain what is actually going on while taping these shows. I can't see how anyone could surmise that Samantha didn't enjoy herself. Even if she didn't, she's a pro and would not let it show.

However there was the one program where she did the Wave Runner on Royal Caribbean. After 3 attempts, failing each time, she really did not look like a happy camper. It's the one thing I've seen her participate in that made me think "not for me" and that includes the recent Cabo show where she zip lined.

I ignore the RCCL board people. I don't have allegiance to any particular cruise line and I've sailed on all of the major ones. RCCL is a mass-marketed cruise line catering to the same crowd Carnival does and those who thinks it's more upscale than that are just trying to bolster their own egos. To me, it ranks lowest of all the cruise lines in the areas of dining, hospitality, customer service and entertainment. I'm returning after an absence of over 4 years and will see if their product has improved. If it hasn't, I'll have my Christmas cruise on the Carnival Freedom to help me forget it.

I'm glad we have an eye witness to explain what is actually going on while taping these shows. I can't see how anyone could surmise that Samantha didn't enjoy herself. Even if she didn't, she's a pro and would not let it show.

However there was the one program where she did the Wave Runner on Royal Caribbean. After 3 attempts, failing each time, she really did not look like a happy camper. It's the one thing I've seen her participate in that made me think "not for me" and that includes the recent Cabo show where she zip lined.

I ignore the RCCL board people. I don't have allegiance to any particular cruise line and I've sailed on all of the major ones. RCCL is a mass-marketed cruise line catering to the same crowd Carnival does and those who thinks it's more upscale than that are just trying to bolster their own egos. To me, it ranks lowest of all the cruise lines in the areas of dining, hospitality, customer service and entertainment. I'm returning after an absence of over 4 years and will see if their product has improved. If it hasn't, I'll have my Christmas cruise on the Carnival Freedom to help me forget it.

I noticed you had a break from cruising. Glad you could return. Where are you going? It isn't on your list. I hope it is great for your sake but maybe Carnival for Christmas for a more recent comparison.

I noticed you had a break from cruising. Glad you could return. Where are you going? It isn't on your list. I hope it is great for your sake but maybe Carnival for Christmas for a more recent comparison.

Break from cruising? I think not. I took a break from Royal Caribbean but not from cruising. In the past year alone I was on Rotterdam (Norwegian Fjords), Carnival Freedom (Caribbean), Norwegian Gem (transatlantic to Europe) and Carnival Victory (Canada). I have the Eurodam coming up as well as the RCCL cruise (Navigator transatlantic) and Carnival Freedom for Christmas; which invites the question, "Do I ever stay at home?";)

We watched the show and were impressed with the upgrades that were made at the pool area. The Inspiration was our first cruise and we're booked again for Nov. We can't wait now. That was all we needed to start to get really excited.

Break from cruising? I think not. I took a break from Royal Caribbean but not from cruising. In the past year alone I was on Rotterdam (Norwegian Fjords), Carnival Freedom (Caribbean), Norwegian Gem (transatlantic to Europe) and Carnival Victory (Canada). I have the Eurodam coming up as well as the RCCL cruise (Navigator transatlantic) and Carnival Freedom for Christmas; which invites the question, "Do I ever stay at home?";)

You just didn't post them in you signature I guess. The last one listed is 5/04. Sorry if I offended you. Just didn't see any evidence of a cruise.

Archived