Tranopy / Zip-line, Bobsled

Raceroc

Hi,

I know this is a new tour at Mystic Mountain.

I was hoping to find more info about the zip-line part.

How many zips, how long, etc.

I was planning the Chukka zip tour, but the bobsled, swimming pool, chairlift stuff looks like fun.

Just don't want to go and be disappointed with two or three short zips.

I found some info with pictures Here

The Chukka zip tour is $99

The Tranopy (zip, bobsled, chairlift) is $119

Thanks!!

Here is a picture of me one one of the tree small zips that go from tree to tree. Even though they were shorter zips, it was pretty wild landing 50 feet up in a tree on the side of a mountain! You would land in the tree and your safety hooks would be transfered one at a time to the safety line in the tree. They you lined up and shuffled around the tree to take your turn getting out of it. The last zip is truely breathtaking!!!! It is 1000 feet of breath taking views and it is really fast....the end of which is will give you a heart attack! lol I wish someone would have warned me that there was a HUGE mat against the side of the tree that everyone crashes into. I really thought I was going to hit the tree at 40 MPH!!! lol

150570311_resizezipline.jpg.ceb4457f49505efbcdca80b36941259d.jpg

Info from Carnival:

spacer.gif423041B.jpgEnjoy three of the most popular attractions in Ocho Rios – the world famous Dunn’s River Falls, the Sky Explorer chairlift, and Jamaica Bobsled on this comprehensive adventure!

On this excursion you will:

• Board an air conditioned bus at the pier for an approximate 1½ hour drive to Dunn’s River Falls.
  • Follow your guide as he leads you up 600 feet of cascading water.
  • Return to the bus for the short drive to Mystic Mountain where you’ll embark the Sky Explorer chairlift for a fun ride up 700 feet through the tropical forest canopy.
  • Spend a few minutes exploring the interesting displays about the history and culture of Jamaica and listen to a safety briefing before embarking on the thrill of your life!
  • Climb into the specially made bobsled and hold on as it plunges through 3,280 feet of twists and turns down the mountain.
  • Be lifted back to the top of the mountain on an elevated tramway where you can spend as much time as you desire.
  • Admire the panoramic views, swim in the infinity edge pool, and enjoy a tasty lunch of contemporary Caribbean cuisine at the restaurant; when you are ready to depart, simply take a ride on the Sky Explorer chairlift to the bottom of the mountain where a bus will take you back to your ship.

Note: Lunch is included. Minimum height is 46 inches. Child must be at least 8 years old to ride the Bobsled unaccompanied by an adult. Athletic shoes/fastened shoes are recommended for the chairlift. Bring your swimsuit and towel; storage lockers are available at the falls for a nominal charge. Be advised the rocks at Dunn’s River Falls are slippery; non-skid water shoes are recommended. A liability waiver is required for this excursion. Pregnant women and guests with heart conditions or back/neck injuries are not permitted on this excursion. The sequence of the tour may vary.

Thanks for the replies... BUT I am interested in the TRANOPY tour. It includes: Bobsled, Chairlift and Ziplines.

I am not interested in Dunns river and I am familiar with the Chukka tour.

I read alot of info on the Tranopy tour (including what Carnival has). None of the info I have seen has how many zips or how long they are. If someone has done this "Tranopy" tour could you please give me some info.

If it only has a couple of short zips then I will do the Chukka tour instead.

Here is what I wrote:

"I know this is a new tour at Mystic Mountain.

I was hoping to find more info about the zip-line part.

How many zips, how long, etc.

I was planning the Chukka zip tour, but the bobsled, swimming pool, chairlift stuff looks like fun.

Just don't want to go and be disappointed with two or three short zips."

Thanks and have a GREAT day!

I think the reason no one has comments on this is because it is BRAND new. I read on one web site that it just opened to the public in late July so the 1st ones to experience it might still be on their cruises.

Anyway, if you go to rfat dot com, click on the Jamaica link, & then proceed to "buy now" as if you're buying tickets directly from them you can get more info. Type in your travel date & # of tickets & then "proceed". It will show you the packages THEY offer, prices & details of the zip line. There are 5 lines & it tells how long they are. I tried to copy & paste but it wouldn't let me so you have to go there yourself.

Thanks Bonnie!! That's exactly what I was wanting.

I did not think to add to cart to see the info.

Tranopy

Entrance to the park

Sky Explore Ride

Visit to the Mystic Mountain Pavilion

Ride on the Bobsled

Zip from Platform to platform with experienced guides through:

Zip line 1 = 90 meters

Zip line 2 = 120 meters

Zip line 3 = 30 meters

Zip line 4 = 61 meters

Vertical Descent = 10 meters

Suspension Bridge = 25 meters

Zip line 5 = 170 meters

Specialized gear.

Adults $125.00

Children $125.00

Students $125.00

Thanks again.

Hi, we were just offered this by private company , we are going in Sept so i can let you know how it was.

Thank you so much wannuhcruise for the article we almost didnt take the tour because i couldnt find anything on it . and Thank you Raceroc for starting this post.:D

Raceroc this is from the article wannuhcruise posted.

Bobsled Jamaica - A 10-minute 1,500-metre bobsled ride through the tropical terrain of Mystic Mountain at 45 kph (28 mph) downhill; the run will have a capacity of 45 one-person Jamaican-themed sleds.

Rainforest Sky Explorer - A 30-minute excursion on an open-air chairlift will take riders through 2.1 km (1.3 miles) of rainforest canopy. The 14-minute ride uphill from sea level to 700 feet will travel over the treetops and offload riders at the Bobsled Rail Station/Pavilion.

The return will take guests through and below the tropical forest canopy. Of note is the fact that installation will not harm a single tree - the aerial tram is being constructed utilising the helicopters to preserve the rainforest. And partners Rainforest Aerial Trams are the world wide pioneers of the concept.

Rainforest Zip-line Canopy Tour - this exhilarating adventure flies over the magnificent rainforest canopy and limestone cliffs. Consisting of 10 Zip-lines with nine platforms, it is constructed with a cable and a pulley (the most secure system available).

Jamaican Railway Station and Mystic Pavillion - designed by acclaimed Jamaican heritage architect Ann Hodges, Mystic Mountain will feature a replica of an early 1900s Jamaican rail station. The station will serve as the boarding point for Bobsled Jamaica and the Rainforest Aerial Tram. With over 9,000 square feet of space, the station will include area for shopping and dining and a lookout tower.

The adjacent Mystic Pavilion will feature interactive displays, celebrating Jamaica's culture, maritime history, great moments in and the promotion of environmental awareness.

Mystic Mountain is situated in Ocho Rios, midway between the cruise ship terminal and Dunn's River Falls.

We cant wait now thanks again guys.

Hi, we were just offered this by private company.

Ok, I have to ask ... which company is offering this now? I imagine they'll all get on the bandwagon & offer it but who's doing it NOW (we leave in 3 weeks)? And how much do their packages cost? I was thinking that it was just the cruise lines that were offering it now.

Thanks!

Ok, I have to ask ... which company is offering this now? I imagine they'll all get on the bandwagon & offer it but who's doing it NOW (we leave in 3 weeks)? And how much do their packages cost? I was thinking that it was just the cruise lines that were offering it now.

Thanks!

Marva Shaw offered for our 9/14/08 cruise.She was saying how the cruise ships have the contracts for the ziplines so she told us about that, i hear she is great.she was saying 104pp.but im waiting to make sure its for the tranopy , i will let you know for sure though.

Hey Raceroc oh i don't think we will being doing this, im so upset . At first we were quoted $104 well now its the $125 plus the transportation another 20pp i think that kinda of steep do you think so?

Well, the $125 is the actual price of admission but I do think that $20/person is steep for transportation. From what I've read, it's quite close to the cruise pier & a very short ride. I wonder how you feel about getting your own tix online & then hiring a taxi (one of the Junta ones w/ the special plates) when you get there? Not sure how I even feel about that myself.

Well, the $125 is the actual price of admission but I do think that $20/person is steep for transportation. From what I've read, it's quite close to the cruise pier & a very short ride. I wonder how you feel about getting your own tix online & then hiring a taxi (one of the Junta ones w/ the special plates) when you get there? Not sure how I even feel about that myself.

HI Bonnie ,:oshe has cleared it up for us so yea i think we will go i thought it was going to cost me like 180pp because the first email was 20pp to get there and 10pp to come back ,now thats kinda of steep. Do you think the Bobsled is worth it?

I just got some real rates from mystic mountain, please review,

Tranopy tour that includes Sky Exploreer, Zipline and bobsled US$124.00

Sky Explorer and Zipline US$104.00pp

Sky Explorer and bobsled US$62.00pp

Sky Explorer only US$42.00pp

US$20.00 transportation i quoted earlier was for all four persons one way, so it will be US$10.00pp return O.k.

Hope this is all clear, if you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me O.k.

ONE LOVE FROM JAMAICA

marva.

Check to see if Royal Caribbean offers it.

If you book thru Carnival it includes transportation.

Tranopy - $119 per person

Sky Explorer - $39 per person

Bobsled Jamaica/Sky Explorer - $59 per person

spacer.gifTranopy Adventure

Experience the Jamaica Bobsled, the Sky Explorer chairlift and the zip-line canopy all in one adventurous tour!

On this exciting excursion you will:

• Board an air conditioned bus for a short ride to Mystic Mountain.
  • Ride the Sky Explorer chairlift up 700 feet through the tropical forest canopy and at the peak, you can explore the displays and learn the history and culture of Jamaica.
  • Get ready for the thrill of your life on the one and only Jamaica Bobsled adventure ride!
  • Listen to an orientation.
  • Board a specially-made Jamaica bobsled and hold on as it plunges through 3,280 feet of twists and turns down the mountain.
  • Stop, to be slowly lifted back to the top on an elevated tramway.
  • Receive an orientation, safety equipment and harness system for your zip-line adventure.
  • “Fly” through the canopy on a series of cables and pulleys that are interconnected on both tree and land-based platforms while gazing at the spectacular view; your canopy tour ends at the mid-station of the chairlift where you can catch a ride back to the top of the mountain.
  • Spend as much time as you desire admiring the panoramic views while swimming in the infinity edge pool; when you are ready to depart, simply hop on the Sky Explorer chairlift back to the bottom where a shuttle will take you back to your ship

HI Bonnie ,:oshe has cleared it up for us so yea i think we will go i thought it was going to cost me like 180pp because the first email was 20pp to get there and 10pp to come back ,now thats kinda of steep. Do you think the Bobsled is worth it?

I just got some real rates from mystic mountain, please review,

Tranopy tour that includes Sky Exploreer, Zipline and bobsled US$124.00

Sky Explorer and Zipline US$104.00pp

Sky Explorer and bobsled US$62.00pp

Sky Explorer only US$42.00pp

US$20.00 transportation i quoted earlier was for all four persons one way, so it will be US$10.00pp return O.k.

Hope this is all clear, if you have any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me O.k.

ONE LOVE FROM JAMAICA

marva.

Yea, those are the same prices as on their own web site. But I wonder why she's just charging $20 total for 4 people to get you THERE & $10 EACH to get you back?? In the end, you'll be paying $15 for transportation each. Probably reasonable. And I guess she's just acting as a taxi.

I don't know about the bobsled. That's actually what I'M trying to get info on since we're too chicken to do the zip lines (& we have a 4-yr-old). Carnival is actually charging LESS than what the facility itself charges!! But Carnival doesn't offer the zips, I don't think, so that wouldn't help you. (Maybe they do, I don't know!) BUT ... if you went w/ Marva you might have more time at the place. Carnival's excursion is like 3.5 hours which includes transportation time & it's for the Sky Explorer & Bobsled. Maybe that would be enough time ... but there's a pool there, too, that my kids would like to be in for awhile. Carnival also offers an excursion that would take you to DRFalls but I don't want to go there.

Hey yea RCCL is only offering the bobsled for $62 i wonder what happen to the rest of it LOL.So what do you guys think is it worth it just to do the Zipline and sky explore? do you know whats funny you need the sky explore to get to the top anyway lol ,right or could i be wrong

Bonnie this is the only thing i seen for the bobsled

Bobsled Jamaica - A 10-minute 1,500-metre bobsled ride through the tropical terrain of Mystic Mountain at 45 kph (28 mph) downhill; the run will have a capacity of 45 one-person Jamaican-themed sleds.

I found a Video Guys.it shows the chair left and some of the bobsled and a little of the zipling.Now tell me how i can get it on here.

• 3 weeks later...

OK It's been a few weeks since they opened... I'm still looking for a review. Surely someone has done this by now.

Was it fun? Did it suck? Was it overpriced? Should I stick with the canopy tour?

Thanks!!

Archived