Tranopy / Zip-line, Bobsled

Raceroc

Hey yea RCCL is only offering the bobsled for $62 i wonder what happen to the rest of it LOL.So what do you guys think is it worth it just to do the Zipline and sky explore?

I'm going on Celebrity in March and I noticed that they're now offering the bobsled at Mystic Mountain. However, the bobsled looks like fun but I really want to do the zipline. Here's a thought I just had. I wonder if it's possible to book the bobsled through the cruiseline then add on the zipline either online through Mystic Mountain or after arriving that day. That way, one doesn't have to worry about transportation because it's covered in the cruise tour. Not only that, but you'll get off the ship sooner because of booking through the cruise. I'm going to see if that's possible.

• 2 weeks later...
OK It's been a few weeks since they opened... I'm still looking for a review. Surely someone has done this by now.

Was it fun? Did it suck? Was it overpriced? Should I stick with the canopy tour?

Thanks!!

Well, I was hoping to have a review of it for you ... we just returned today from our 8-24 sailing. But we never made it to OR (or Grand Cayman) thanks to Gustav!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be on the Ruby Princess in early Feb. going to Ocho Rios. I too am looking at this through the ship as it does not seem to be offered any other way. If anyone has done this please let us know what you think.

I originally was looking at a Dunn's River/Zipline Combo but this sounds neat too.

I'm going on Celebrity in March and I noticed that they're now offering the bobsled at Mystic Mountain. However, the bobsled looks like fun but I really want to do the zipline. Here's a thought I just had. I wonder if it's possible to book the bobsled through the cruiseline then add on the zipline either online through Mystic Mountain or after arriving that day. That way, one doesn't have to worry about transportation because it's covered in the cruise tour. Not only that, but you'll get off the ship sooner because of booking through the cruise. I'm going to see if that's possible.

That's a really good idea. Maybe we'll try this.

Was really hoping to have a review of this for you guys. Everyone is waiting for one. We're taking the Mariner on Oct 19th which will be stopping here. We plan to do the zip line and maybe also the bobsled. Haven't booked yet, we need to decide how much we're willing to pay.

I canceled our mini-boat excursion and booked the Tranopy (Mystic Mt.) through Carnival. It is @ $160 per person, but sounds like it will be worth it. Lunch is included, one zip line, chair lift, and pool. I'm so excited!!!!

I appreciate the info on Cruise Critic so much, our mini boat excursion to see three falls, sounds very lame and way too expensive--thanks to two reviews I've read.

I also thought it was already too late (availability) for Mystic Mt (for our Nov cruise). Glad I was wrong!

Now just watiing to see if/where the Conquest will sail in Nov. Galveston is such a mess. So tragic for those people. I feel so bad for the Island.

So sad.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I am going on the October 25th sailing and will definitely be doing the TRANOPY tour so I will post a review if no one else has yet. There seems to be so much confusion about it, but it DOES include the bobsled, chairlift, SEVERAL ziplines, and transportation. (The only thing I didn't verify was lunch, but I think it does include that, too) I can't wait!! I hope someone has a review before me but if not, I will let everyone know. If you go on YouTube there are many videos of it if you want to get a sneak peak. Search for Jamaica Canopy Tour or Jamaica Ziplines (Nothing shows up under tranopy tour since this is so new) there is also a video of the bobsled ride if you search for Jamaica bobsled ride or mystic mountain. Have fun! :D

Kruzgal72, I'll be anxious to see your report back. I couldn't see anything on You Tube for the chari lift or canopy at Mystic Mt, but I'll keep looking. I like to know what to expect. The bobsled looks fun!

I'll come back next month with a full report. This is what I've signed up for with Carnival (Conquest):

Tranopy Adventure

Experience the Jamaica Bobsled, the Sky Explorer chairlift and the zip-line canopy all in one adventurous tour!

On this exciting excursion you will:

Board an air conditioned bus for a 1½ hour transfer from the pier to Mystic Mountain.

Ride the Sky Explorer chairlift up 700 feet through the tropical forest canopy and at the peak, you can explore the displays and learn the history and culture of Jamaica.

Get ready for the thrill of your life on the one and only Jamaica Bobsled adventure ride! Listen to an orientation.

Board a specially-made Jamaica bobsled and hold on as it plunges through 3,280 feet of twists and turns down the mountain.

Stop, to be slowly lifted back to the top on an elevated tramway.

Receive an orientation, safety equipment and harness system for your zip-line adventure.

“Fly” through the canopy on a series of cables and pulleys that are interconnected on both tree and land-based platforms while gazing at the spectacular view; your canopy tour ends at the mid-station of the chairlift where you can catch a ride back to the top of the mountain.

Spend as much time as you desire admiring the panoramic views while enjoying a tasty lunch of contemporary Caribbean cuisine at the restaurant and swimming in the infinity edge pool; when you are ready to depart, simply hop on the Sky Explorer chairlift back to the bottom where a shuttle will take you back to your ship

Note: Lunch is included. Minimum age is 12 years; maximum weight is 280 lbs. Closed-toe shoes are required. Bring a towel and swimsuit if you plan on swimming in the pool. Additional Jamaica Bobsled rides can be purchased at the park. A liability waiver is required for this excursion. Guests must fit in zip-line harness and helmet in a safe manner. Pregnant women and guests with heart conditions or back/neck injuries are not permitted on this excursion.

Kruzgal72 and Desiree, I'm envious of you both! Have a great time and let us know what it's like.

Unfortunately, Celebrity is only offering either the bobsled or chairlift but neither include the zipline. I may have to book the zipline separately through Mystic Mountain. :( Oh well, at least I have that option!

Desiree-yep that is the one I am doing, and now I see it does include lunch. I was just too lazy to go back and read it!!

wannuhcruise- sorry celebrity doesn't offer it- I really think it will be fun! But at least you can book seperately if you want too! I hope someone has a review before I go....

• 2 weeks later...

we are waiting anxiously for an update on this tour - was anyone able to book just the bob sled thru their cruise line and then add the ziplines when they got there? this is probably what we will have to do because Princess doesn't offer the tranopy.

I'm traveling with 3 teenage girls who desperately want to do the ziplines and a 11 son who doesn't - I figured that DS could swim in the pool and hang out while the girls went on the lines.

We are on thr Ruby on the 22 so I need to finalize my details - thanks to anyone that can help

OK... We did it...

We were bussed to Mystic mountain. It was about a five minute trip from the port. You were able to ride the same bus weather doing just the skyride, the tranopy or the bobsled. Also the people doing Duns Falls first were on the bus and just stayed on to go to the falls, then were brought back to Mystic mountain after. You can purchase bobsled, and ziplining at the location if your ship does not offer all. You can also purchase additional bobsled runs if you like.

Skyride... Nice calm slow trip up the mountain, good scenery.

Bobsled... Fun ride down. You don't have to worry about catching up to a slower person because they wait till people in front are clear.

Zipline... This was the best part, A few short zips and a couple of long ones. one repel and a swing bridge. If you buy stuff at the gift shop it will be waiting for you at the end of the zip lines.

Pool... We did not go in the pool but it was very nice with a cool water slide and a GREAT view.

After, the busses were sitting and waiting to take us back to the port.

Questions???

OK... We did it...

We were bussed to Mystic mountain. It was about a five minute trip from the port. You were able to ride the same bus weather doing just the skyride, the tranopy or the bobsled. Also the people doing Duns Falls first were on the bus and just stayed on to go to the falls, then were brought back to Mystic mountain after. You can purchase bobsled, and ziplining at the location if your ship does not offer all. You can also purchase additional bobsled runs if you like.

Skyride... Nice calm slow trip up the mountain, good scenery.

Bobsled... Fun ride down. You don't have to worry about catching up to a slower person because they wait till people in front are clear.

Zipline... This was the best part, A few short zips and a couple of long ones. one repel and a swing bridge. If you buy stuff at the gift shop it will be waiting for you at the end of the zip lines.

Pool... We did not go in the pool but it was very nice with a cool water slide and a GREAT view.

After, the busses were sitting and waiting to take us back to the port.

Questions???

Our ship is not offering the zipline (Princess), do you know how much the zipline was if purchased once you were there & also how much the extra bob sled rides were?

I don't remember prices, exactly, right now, but I can check on that later if anyone needs that.

The CCL Conquest docked at Montego Bay, on Wednesday. Enjoyed the bus ride with a nice tour guide to Ocho Rios.

Really enjoyed the chair lift up the mountain (senic view of the beautiful rainforest), and the tranopy zip line. First zip line experience for me (age 51) and DH (age 55).

I would do it again. We were rushed and didn't get to use the infinity pool at all, but it looked very inviting with a slide, . I had hoped to swim a bit, which seems just a bit on the small side, but has a very pretty view at the top of the mountain.

I thought the bob sled was fun, but just a bit expensive. We enjoyed it, yes, but wouldn't do it again, for the price.

I loved our day in Jamaica. It was cloudy, overcast, but we had a great day at Mystic Moutntain. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the gift shop wasn't pushy.

Everything looks so new and pretty. Very enjoyable for us- though a bit pricey, it was worth it, I thought, except for the bob sled, just didn't seem exceptional- but it wasn't bad at all, just not "exciting" or a new experience for us is all, for what they charge. Just kinda like a neat roller-coaster. But it was fun.

Also enjoyed a nice lunch in the restaurant, our tour included lunch with desert and a drink. DH had the hamburger, I thought it was very good. I had spring rool with fish. It was good, not great. I liked DH hamburger better. Rum cake for desert was good.

Had a very nice impression of Jamaica. Our tour guide was just great! I want to go back!

Archived