Tranopy / Zip-line, Bobsled

Raceroc

Hi I just have a quick question about the zip line-I know that the web sites states that the weight limit is 280 pounds. My DH is very close to that and all of his weight is in his belly. I am worried that the saftey equipment may not fit him correctly. For those of you that have done this adventure before what is your advise?

Thanks

We are booked for the bobsled/chair lift excursion on RCCL FOS in March. Does anyone know if we will have enough time at Mystic Mountain to also do the zipline and take advantage of the cruiseline's transportation back to port? Thanks alot for your thoughts and comments.

Hi I just have a quick question about the zip line-I know that the web sites states that the weight limit is 280 pounds. My DH is very close to that and all of his weight is in his belly. I am worried that the saftey equipment may not fit him correctly. For those of you that have done this adventure before what is your advise?

Thanks

My husband is about 240. The harnesses that go around your body seemed very secure. They then use the two safetys for the line.

We are booked for the bobsled/chair lift excursion on RCCL FOS in March. Does anyone know if we will have enough time at Mystic Mountain to also do the zipline and take advantage of the cruiseline's transportation back to port? Thanks alot for your thoughts and comments.

Yes, we had ample time to shop a little & then Margaritaville. Mystic Mountain is only a 5 minute ride from the Ocho Rios Port. We were there by 9:00am tool the chairlift up rode the Bobsled 3 times each then did the zipline. We purchased the bobseld/zipline combo with the ship then bought the extra bob sled rides while we were there.

Gracie, have one more question for you. We're booking the Dunns river falls and the bobsled combo from Carnival. Do you think we will have enough time to do the zipline also on our own afterwards? Or will they be loading everyone back on the bus to go back to the pier? Thanks.

Paul

Gracie, have one more question for you. We're booking the Dunns river falls and the bobsled combo from Carnival. Do you think we will have enough time to do the zipline also on our own afterwards? Or will they be loading everyone back on the bus to go back to the pier? Thanks.

Paul

The return shuttle from Mystic Mountain is at your leisure. they have shuttles they leave about every 15-20 minutes. When were on the shuttle with others going to Dunn's River, they dropped us off first but I think yours does do Dunn's River first. I would say as long it's not real crowded you would have time. You can buy the zipline as you enter the park.

Question! How far is the chairlift/bobsledding from Ocho Rios, Jamaica?

Also on the RC website it says you have to be 12 but some places say 8? Which one!?

and if its 12 a person in our party would be 11 and 3/4 at the time of the cruise. Could she go on it?

Is was a 5-10 minute drive from where the ship docks.

If you are doing a cruise ship excursion you will have to follow the age limits they show. It has to do with their insurance etc. when they set the age limits. Does the one your looking at say the age limit for the bob sled & separate for the zipline? You may want to check to see if there is a way they offer just one & not the other. At least that would cover the transportaion & you can buy the other part when you get there.

Not sure how RCCL would be. I would call to see if you can get a # for excursion info.

You can always take a cab & show up. It's slightly more expensive but I posted the prices a few posts up.

I contacted RCCL with the same question because my son is 10. They will not let us book the bobsled through the boat. They offer another excursion which is the chairlift only which has no age requirement. We are going to book that and then pay for the bobsled when we get there.

Bobsled.

So you can just book it at the top? And if you book it through RC don't you just get 1 ride on the bobsled?

Yes, that is correct. I was just trying to get you to see if they listed a combination with each attraction separate, exp: chairlift & bob sled & chair lift & zipline. Then check to see what the age requiremnts were with the ship separate. If you plan to do the bob sled & zip line I think it would be cheaper to try to get at least one of the combo's on the ship. As reported above this is one of the few excursions I've done where the ships actually comes out cheaper.Then you could add whichever you needed one you got there.

An adult will have to book the skylift excursion with her and then you'll both have to buy the bobsled add on when you get there. RC won't let a child book an excursion without an adult, and they consider the skylift and skylift/bobsled as 2 separate excursions even though they are going to the same place. There are different departure times listed for the skylift and bobsled excursions,too. I am still waiting to hear back from RC to see if my family of 4 can ride the same bus in the morning even though 2 will be booked on the skylift and 2 on the bobsled/skylift. I'll let you know when I hear something back on this....

I heard back from RC. The age is set by the tour operator's insurance. They suggested we check with the excursions desk once onboard to see if an exception can be made since the age at Mystic Mountain is younger. I would think that the answer would be no since it is due to the insurance of the tour operator. I think it will be easier to just book the skylift excursion and then add the bobsled once we get to Mystic Mountain.

I heard back from RC. The age is set by the tour operator's insurance. They suggested we check with the excursions desk once onboard to see if an exception can be made since the age at Mystic Mountain is younger. I would think that the answer would be no since it is due to the insurance of the tour operator. I think it will be easier to just book the skylift excursion and then add the bobsled once we get to Mystic Mountain.

That's what I would do too. Don't forget about the pool & waterslide. We had planned to use it & wore our bathing suits underneath, it just wasn't warm enough for us.

Well, I broke my foot 2 weeks ago and didn't even think how this would impact my excursions in March. How is the skylift in terms of getting on/off of it? Do they stop it for you or is it a jump? The tranopy is obviously out, but I'm still hoping for the bobsled.

Well, I broke my foot 2 weeks ago and didn't even think how this would impact my excursions in March. How is the skylift in terms of getting on/off of it? Do they stop it for you or is it a jump? The tranopy is obviously out, but I'm still hoping for the bobsled.

Bless your heart!!! The Bob sled will be no problem as it's a hand brake. The chairlift is just like a chairlift anyplace else but it's wide enough for 4 people to sit on one. Are you going with at least two others where you can put your arms on their shoulders so you can hop off with them and keep the weight off your foot?

Yes, I will have my husband and 2 sons, and I have a walking "boot". I'm just worried the impact of the landing will hurt my foot. Some places the chairlifts are very slow and can be "stopped" by the attendant as you get off, while others are a "jump and roll" =). Which one is MM?

We were at mystic mountain last week on Carnival Liberty. We did a ship Tour that went to Dunns River Falls and the Chairlift at mystic mountain. the cost was $59.00/person. When we got to the top of the mountain we found out that That you could purchase the bobsled tickets at $20 for 1 person or $20 for two persons (separate sleds) A no brainer butdd and I did it twice each DW doesnt do rides. The pool is not huge but at least it wasn't salt water. The water slide is very good. Better than the one on the ship.

Yes, I will have my husband and 2 sons, and I have a walking "boot". I'm just worried the impact of the landing will hurt my foot. Some places the chairlifts are very slow and can be "stopped" by the attendant as you get off, while others are a "jump and roll" =). Which one is MM?

This one just slows down. If you land on the good foot I think you could make it fine.

Archived