Does anyone have pictures of a handicapped balcony room on the Victory?

Gingee

We are due on the August 4th sailing on the Victory and my mom has a fracture of her pelvic bone. They put her on crutches yesterday but she is going very slow. Not sure how long it will take her to be herself. She is 76. Normally a active woman. She is booked in a balcony room with my daughter but I am beginning to wonder if she will need a walker and if we can even get a balcony at this late date. Anyway, does anyone have pictures of what these rooms look like?

Thanks

Okay no response on this one. Updated is my mom was given a walker for a short time. Could be using a cane by two weeks but don't know. Anyone stay in these rooms and can tell me about what they are like?

Even if one is available, I am not sure that a handicap balcony would help her as HC cabins are designed for people with wheelchairs - wider doors, roll under sinks and roll-in showers. The only real advantages would be no step to the bathroom and a shower seat (which you can request a seat for a regular cabin by calling the Carnival Special Needs dept.)

Actually having an HC cabin might be worse since many are further from the elevators and negotiating a ramp to the balcony on crutches might be worse than a step.

Archived