Thinking of Smuggling Some Art On-Board, Any Suggestions?

ChevyCruiser

Be careful when leaving the ship in a port outside of the USA--you are not allowed to bring art containing food, fruit, etc. This art can and will be confiscated. Also, be sure to finish admiring your art purchased while off the ship, as you board, it will be confiscated but it will be returned to you once you disembark the ship to return home.

Be careful when leaving the ship in a port outside of the USA--you are not allowed to bring art containing food, fruit, etc. This art can and will be confiscated. Also, be sure to finish admiring your art purchased while off the ship, as you board, it will be confiscated but it will be returned to you once you disembark the ship to return home.

Nod nod nod. When I was in a Caribbean port that shall remain nameless, I once purchased a painting of Cuban cigars. "Oh, senor, theese is perfectly legal."

It was - until I arrived back on the ship and Customs pulled me aside. It wasn't for anything bad. You see, they wanted to tell me I had won a five-year, all expenses paid (including meals, and who hoo! No gratuities to prepay), even all clothing included trip to that lovely Caribbean country.

The bad news: I didn't get my passport stamped.

Smuggling art onboard leads to only one thing.....................

Smuggling Champagne!!!........At least we have a lot more threads that deal with that..............

CanvasRunners.com is also a rip off. Shipping charges are WAY out of line.........

Why, oh, why, do you people work so hard to break the rules??? Just get on the ship, go to the art auction and BUY some artwork!! In my opinion, if you can't afford to buy the ship's artwork, then you probably can't really afford to cruise and you should find a cheaper way to vacation!:D:D:D:D

Why, oh, why, do you people work so hard to break the rules??? Just get on the ship, go to the art auction and BUY some artwork!! In my opinion, if you can't afford to buy the ship's artwork, then you probably can't really afford to cruise and you should find a cheaper way to vacation!:D:D:D:D

If the art on-board was more reasonably priced, we wouldn't have to resort to smuggling our own just so we could enjoy a little art in our own cabin. The cruise lines should adopt a more lenient policy toward art as they have with wine - several lines allow pax to bring on a couple of bottles of wine on embarkation day - and spend less time patting-down boarding passengers, x-raying carry-ons, and using art-sniffing dogs to scan checked bags.

I'm thinking trying some cyber-smuggling next cruise. I'll scan some art and email it to myself. Then I can use the internet cafe on-board to print it out. ;)

As a first time cruiser,I want to match my smuggled art with the proper attire I will be wearing each evening. I understand formal and casual. I have two art pieces for these nights. My confusion is about "informal aka smart casual or country club casual".:confused: Would a painting of the worlds great golf holes be appropiate for informal nights?

Nod nod nod. When I was in a Caribbean port that shall remain nameless, I once purchased a painting of Cuban cigars. "Oh, senor, theese is perfectly legal."

It was - until I arrived back on the ship and Customs pulled me aside. It wasn't for anything bad. You see, they wanted to tell me I had won a five-year, all expenses paid (including meals, and who hoo! No gratuities to prepay), even all clothing included trip to that lovely Caribbean country.

The bad news: I didn't get my passport stamped.

Cigars? Did you have to store it on your balcony?

I've been bringing my own art on board for years.

I photograph my art using a digital camera, then I get the ship's photographers to print it out for me. A generous tip has always ensured that they keep quiet about our arrangement.

When it comes time to leave the ship in Miami, I simply hide my art at the bottom of my box of cuban cigars.

Would a painting of the worlds great golf holes be appropiate for informal nights?

As alcohol is served on board, I would suggest that your painting does not feature any holes under 21, otherwise you may have difficulty in getting your art served.

Of course, if your art prefers soft drinks, you do not need to follow this advice, but remember that paintings of holes 1-15 may not use the adult pool.

Has anyone asked Art if he likes being smuggled aboard a cruise ship??? Perhaps Art prefers all inclusives to cruising - a little consideration here please people. How would you feel about being rolled, folded, poked, patted, x-rayed, sniffed, scanned, printed, and hung clandestinely in various cabins around the ship? Give Art a break!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

What if I dont want the Art I buy on board ship to show up on my S&S card? Is there a way around this to keep my wife from finding out? She kind of gets upset when I Spend too much money on Art. It's not like I have a "Art Addiction" or anything.. Is it so wrong for a man to enjoy Art?
And why would I want to risk being arrested for smuggling on board my own art, when the art offered on the ship is just fine. The prices are no more expensive than the art I can buy at my neighborhood Art Store.
I mean really people?? You would have no problem spending the same kind of money on the same quality Art where you live.
And another thing, I am really offended by how you people feel its ok to smuggle Art on board ship.. These are LAWS and Rules for a reason.. Who knows where your art has been.. Have you never heard of underage people falling into a coma from looking at too much Art? The last thing we need is more people jumping off the ship because they could not control their Art Addiction..

[quote name='snoodel']
And another thing, I am really offended by how you people feel its ok to smuggle Art on board ship.. These are LAWS and Rules for a reason..[/quote]
How dare you attack others for voicing their opinion about bringing their own art on board. Everyone is entitled to an opinon about this or any other subject, no matter how ridiculously uninformed and irrational it may be. Besides, what harm is there in violating the rule against bringing your own art on board ? Some lines even allow moderate amounts of art to be brought on board as long as it is viewed in the privacy of one's own cabin and not displayed in public areas. Get a life.

I have mastered the "art" of smuggling art onboard. I wear dark sunglasses when boarding which allows me to take along my "seeing eye dog"......no ordinary dog however....he is a professional American Eskimo artist! I pack small tubes of paint, some specially made doggie paint brushes, and some canvas in my checked luggage. He documents our cruise on canvas and signs each piece with his authentic pawprint. Probably shouldn't tell you this but his best selling pieces are balcony doggie nudes!

Since I am a Tripple Diamond, Double Platinum Super Secret VIP Cruiser, with over 4,000 cruises in the past 5 years;) ,, I decided to contact my PVP and find out the truth..
According to them, If caught, they will confiscate your smuggled Art. Then they will in turn auction it off at the Art Auction. You will only be able to recieve credit for a future cruise. Depending on how much your art is sold for. :D

If your Art is running around and splashing or screaming by the swimming pool will security do anything or is up to the Art owner to control it. You know how irresponsible some owners can be .. after all it is their vacation tooo!!

I know they'll charge me a viewing fee if I bring my own art into the dining room, but it is still cheaper than buying that overpriced junk they expect us to look at. I can buy a good quality piece of art at home for under $12 :D

[quote name='snoodel']It's not like I have a "Art Addiction" or anything.. Is it so wrong for a man to enjoy Art?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Do you also enjoy Music? That would make you bi-cultural. :D [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Smooth Sailing! :) :) :) [/FONT]

[COLOR="Blue"]Has anyone tried bringing their own paint thru airport security? Would the 3 1 1 rule apply? Blank canvas could easily be concealed as sides to your luggage! [/COLOR]

[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="Blue"]Wouldn't the Caribbean be too hot for a [I]velvet[/I] Elvis- wouldn't he be more comfortable on a nice breezy linen or cotton? [/COLOR][/FONT]

Archived