Sand Toys on Castaway Cay

25dbb

Friends of ours are going on the Disney Wonder in December with smaller

kids. They want to know if there are sand buckets and shovels available

on Castaway Cay or if she has to pack them. If available, in what beach

area????

dbb25

I haven't been yet, but I've read posts on the disboards that say, Yes, they do have them, however, supplies are limited. So, you may or may not get bucket/shovel. If you don't want to pack them, lots of people have suggested buying a gift package from shirley at the perfect gift. http://www.theperfectgift.cc/

She'll put together a goody package all inside a bucket w/shovel and will tailor it to your requests. It'll be in your stateroom when you arrive. I'm seriously thinking about getting one or two of these for my kids. The bucket/pail can be used at CC, they'll love the snacks, which I've heard is great for in between meals when your on an island or when going to the movies onboard. Apparently, the movie theater snacks aren't cheap. And, if you don't want to lug the pail home, some have suggested just donating it to the CC stash! Just an idea.

The above poster has some great suggestions concerning Shirley...She makes beautiful baskets! However, They do have sand toys FOR SALE at Castaway Cay (about $22.00 I think) The only sand toys that are free are in the kids clubs on castaway Cay...If your kids aren't in the club, I don't think there is anywhere else to get them from. Especially for free. You may want to pack some just in case.

Take them with you. We bought snorkel gear as well a couple of cruises ago and they paid for themselves the first time. You can purchase the fins and mask at WalMart cheaper than renting them. They'll give you a vest when you're there. Use a folding lawn chair bag to travel with. I have two sets of fins and three bags of dollar store buckets, shovels, and sand toys sitting in the garage for the next cruise as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a gift basket from Shirley at thePerfectGift.cc and it was wonderful! I had her include a bucket and shovel and some other "molds" for my at the time 16 year old. He loves to build sand castles--at this point they get rather intricate!

At any rate, his plastic sand toys were the hit of the teen beach! They built an enormous sand castle. That night while we were waiting to go in for dinner, several teens and their parents stopped and told us how much fun the sand castle had been!

I second the idea of ordering a gift basket from Shirley, she worked with me to stay in my budget and made a lot of suggestions on great ideas to fill the basket with!

Anne

They sell kids backpack with some sand toys for around $22.00. I always pack 2 small pails and shovels with a couple of moulds from the $ store and you can leave them if you don't have space to bring it back.

I usually go to the Disney store and buy stuff and make packages for the kids and put them in the cabin when they are not there and it has always been a hit.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

we packed ours...didn't take much space. inside the bucket, (a little one), we just rolled up kids' socks and/or underwear...so the bucket was filled with stuff! was definitely worth it, rather than spending all that just to buy it at cc! although we did end up buying some water gun thing, that our DSs wanted. which i thought was super expensive! but they wanted it, and what can you say? :)

We brought our own and then just left them there when we left, but it that's not an option for you, there were 100's of little kits for sale a couple weeks ago. They were nowhere near sold out. They were about $20.00, and you will pass them on the left once you get to the beach area.

Archived