6 night western itinerary..

I'm thinking about planning a cruise for 12/09 on the Independence. Stops in Belize, Cozumel and Costa Maya. From what I've looked at, it's a non traditional western itinerary, and I was hoping to hear from some of you who may have done a similar one in your travels- ports you preferred over others, maybe one was a waste of time, etc. I'll be looking up all the information on the IOS as soon as possible but I expect she's lovely, so most of my curiosity is regarding a 6 night itinerary with those ports.

Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking about planning a cruise for 12/09 on the Independence. Stops in Belize, Cozumel and Costa Maya. From what I've looked at, it's a non traditional western itinerary, and I was hoping to hear from some of you who may have done a similar one in your travels- ports you preferred over others, maybe one was a waste of time, etc. I'll be looking up all the information on the IOS as soon as possible but I expect she's lovely, so most of my curiosity is regarding a 6 night itinerary with those ports.

Thanks in advance!

We did this last year on the Jewel of the Seas and stopped in Playa Del Carmen instead of Costa Maya which was out because of Hurricane Dean. We also stopped in Key West. Belize sometimes gets a bad rap on here but we loved it because of the Cave Tubing with Major Tom. Check out the Belize board. He gets a lot of chatter on there. Cozumel is very nice, lots to do. We went horseback riding there but there are lots of good beaches. Can't get you any info on the IOS but we are doing Freedom next. Check out the ports of call boards for more info on each stop. Overall we loved our 6 day cruise.

Thanks for the information! I ask because we've only done 1 cruise and it was a 9 day one and I wasn't sure about the length of the cruise (as well as the ports involved). Are 6 nights common?

No 6 nights are not as common as 7. We did the 6 cause it fit into our schedule with our ds going along. We do like the 7 better. The 6 seemed to fly by. Have a great trip.

Archived