Room Upgrades - How does it work?

Hi everyone!

First off, I want to say how great this message board is! I've culled so much invaluable information from this board. I love it! I've cruised with on the Holiday about 8 years ago and am now preparing for my second cruise on Valor in Sept. This will be the first cruise for my family.

We have received our room assignments but no upgrades! =( Now, I know that we had booked our guarantees expecting the lowest possible room classes so we're not disappointed but I just wanted to know if it would hurt to ask if there were any upgrades available. How would the process work? Should I wait until it's closer to the cruise date? What's the appropriate procedures? We have two 4A's and 1 8A. Also, the 4A's are on the Riviera and the 8A is on the upper. Can I ask if we can at least be on the same floor?

Any thoughts, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

~Debra

If you request any changes or additional upgrades to your current room assignments you would be charged the higher fare amount for that changes. A guarantee is a guarantee you will get atleast the room you paid for, not a guarantee for an upgrade.

You will still enjoy your cruise!! :D

Did you book guarantess or assigned rooms? If you already know your room numbers then they probably won't change if that is what you requested. If they were guarantees and have been assigned it is possible they will change, my guarantees, when assigned about 60 days out have never changed.

Candi

They were guarantees. We're okay with the rooms we were assigned; I just figured it would never hurt to ask!

Has anyone ever asked for and received changes to their rooms after their guarantees were assigned?

BTW, our rooms are on the Valor, 1402, 1438 and 6398. If anyone has any pictures, we would love to see them!

TIA,

~Debra

What I would do is keep an eye on the carnival site for your cruise. If you see a price drop or a good upgrade special offered. Then call and get your rooms changed.

Also did you use your past guest discount since you've cruised before?

They were guarantees. We're okay with the rooms we were assigned; I just figured it would never hurt to ask!

Has anyone ever asked for and received changes to their rooms after their guarantees were assigned?

BTW, our rooms are on the Valor, 1402, 1438 and 6398. If anyone has any pictures, we would love to see them!

TIA,

~Debra

Iv never heard that asking for a free upgrade works. Sometimes if you really hate the location of a cabin, you can sometimes get moved to another cabin .... within the same category, i.e. within the 4A category, but not to a higher category.

When you board there will be a sign saying sailing full, no upgrades, to keep folks from asking. They always post this.

Also did you use your past guest discount since you've cruised before?

You know, I didn't use that discount because our PVP couldn't find me in the system and I didn't push the issue. Don't know if I can revisit that anymore since the price for our cruise has actually gone up since we first booked it in June.

hello, i have a question that needs a fast answer, I booked a carnival pride cruise set to sale in 44 days, now i have paid for 8A category and gotten free upgrade to a 8B cabin at the time of my booking, but now they are offering free upgrade to 8C(extendec balcony) at the price of 8A, can i call and see if they can upgrade me to 8C for no additional cost?

Archived