Connecting Junior Suites on Radiance Class

Hi everyone. We've just booked our family trip to Alaska for next August and we decided to go with two connecting junior suites instead of the family suite that we had intended to book. While we loved the family suite on our recent Explorer cruise, the pricing on this one just didn't make sense. For some reason, Royal Caribbean has decided to jack up the 3rd/4th/5th passenger rate on this type of cabin to over $450 more per person than sailing in any of their other suites or balconies, so it would have ended up being over $400 more per person to book the family suite. That said, we decided to go with two connecting junior suites for because we really did like being able to share space and the convenience of having access to two bathrooms on the Explorer.

Long story short, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the connecting junior suites are like on the Radiance class of ships. Is there a big difference from the non-connecting cabins? DH and I recently sailed in a non-connecting junior suite on the Brilliance, so we have a general idea of what the cabins typically look like. From what I remember of our cabin, there was a sort of blank space on the wall opposite the bed/sofa area, behind the additional chair and after the end of the vanity area. I'm assuming that this is where a connecting door would go, but we all know what happens when one does that;) .

Any pictures or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:D

There is so much space in the JS's, that a connecting door shouldn't affect the cabin layout at all. I would imagine the connecting door will go where the mirror is--right across from the bathroom and next to the closet. (I'm assuming, too, since we've never had a connecting JS!--But, that's where I'd put the door, if I designed the cabin!!!)

We've stayed in a JS on Radiance that connected to the JS next door. The door is located closer to the extra window next to the sliding glass door...........where the chair and ottoman are positioned. In a JS cabin that is not connecting there is a small shelf where the ice bucket sits. With a door, there is no shelf.

Layouts of both cabins will be identical. Be advised that the balcony divider between cabins does not open.

We've stayed in a JS on Radiance that connected to the JS next door. The door is located closer to the extra window next to the sliding glass door...........where the chair and ottoman are positioned. In a JS cabin that is not connecting there is a small shelf where the ice bucket sits. With a door, there is no shelf.

Layouts of both cabins will be identical. Be advised that the balcony divider between cabins does not open.

Thanks so much for the info. That's exactly how we were picturing it. Of course it would be great if the balcony dividers opened, but we were just glad to get our first choice of cabins and save several hundred dollars per person, so we're not going to complain about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived