Carnival on Victory to Canada

Gingee

Nope.. and honestly this is my opinion and not many people would agree with me.. Alot of people loved the Victory and I am very happy they loved it

This is the worst /ugliest ship we have ever been on.. between staff/activity/decor.. yes decor! I think Farcus played hookey from design class when they discussed the use of color! TOO MUCH GREEN>> can we say nausea!

So no not for free.... but I would inquire if I can use it to upgrade to the Miracle or another ship LOL!:p

Ok, you cleared that up. I thought it was the ITINERARY you were so disgusted with.

I'm going on the Victory in Oct and personally, so long as we don't end up like the Titanic and we make our port of calls, I don't give a toot as to what the "Decor" is like. :p

Did you not do research before your Canada Cruise??????? I'm orignally from the east coast of Canada and would likely never take a cruise there. Not because I don't think it's beautiful but, The fog and dampness is not my type of thing for a VACATION! :cool:

BTW, You haven't seen ugly until you've been on the TRIUMPH....ICK!

Ok, you cleared that up. I thought it was the ITINERARY you were so disgusted with.

I'm going on the Victory in Oct and personally, so long as we don't end up like the Titanic and we make our port of calls, I don't give a toot as to what the "Decor" is like. :p

Did you not do research before your Canada Cruise??????? I'm orignally from the east coast of Canada and would likely never take a cruise there. Not because I don't think it's beautiful but, The fog and dampness is not my type of thing for a VACATION! :cool:

BTW, You haven't seen ugly until you've been on the TRIUMPH....ICK!

NO! Canada was lovely.. we have been there before.. We love the people.. the port was immaculate and quaint.. We have gone to Toronto and that was one of our favorite vacations..

Yes I did research.. I am a research freak.. I just didnt expect the condition of the ship/attitude of the staff and crew.. etc...

Live and learn.. ! Hey the food was really good though!!

Triumph was that bad??

:) I have been on both The Triumph (3/05 & 2/07) & The Victory (8/06)

while I thoroughly enjoyed my Triumph cruises I would say that the decor is a bit strange but not so god awful. I do remember in the Lido Deck buffet restaurant they had these glass eyeball sconce type lights hanging on the walls. That was definitely weird.

As far as The Victory goes nothing stands out in my mind that the ship was decorated poorly. I must be having a blond moment. The Canada/New England cruises out of NY are nothing like the Caribbean cruises we have been on but we knew that going in to it. We sailed The Victory in August 2006 and at that time they had some great entertainers on that ship. The CD on that ship at the time was Dana Hodson & he stunk.

If anybody out there wants to give me a free cruise on The Victory I'll take it.:D

NO! Canada was lovely.. we have been there before.. We love the people.. the port was immaculate and quaint.. We have gone to Toronto and that was one of our favorite vacations..

Yes I did research.. I am a research freak.. I just didnt expect the condition of the ship/attitude of the staff and crew.. etc...

Live and learn.. ! Hey the food was really good though!!

Triumph was that bad??

The next trip to Canada you should come to VANCOUVER. If you liked Toronto, you will love Vancouver. :)

Triumph WAS BAD! Crew, terrible food, ship smell of sewer, need I say more? The best thing was getting off the ship to visit the ports. I wouldn't take a free cruise on that one if they offered me. As a matter of fact I wasn't sure I would go back to Carnival but, after my complaint and the credit they gave me, I decided one more time. Next one will likely be with RCCL since my Sis in law works for them. :p

The next trip to Canada you should come to VANCOUVER. If you liked Toronto, you will love Vancouver. :)

Triumph WAS BAD! Crew, terrible food, ship smell of sewer, need I say more? The best thing was getting off the ship to visit the ports. I wouldn't take a free cruise on that one if they offered me. As a matter of fact I wasn't sure I would go back to Carnival but, after my complaint and the credit they gave me, I decided one more time. Next one will likely be with RCCL since my Sis in law works for them. :p

US TOO!

We wrote Carnival.. and received a call from the VP Of Guest Relations.. She gave us such a great discount we decided on the Miracle (thanks to CC posters) It was so great.. that we rebooked with two weeks of coming home for next year.. it was night and day!

Vancouver... Really??? Will have to look into it.. we would go back to Toronto in a minute.. So much fun so clean.. loved the public transit system (NYC ARE YOU LISTENING!!)..

What is the name of the park on the lake ..you go to an island and there is a tram and zoo... it was amazing!!!!

:) Hi TRock,

When did you cruise on The Victory? I was just wondering if you had the same CD as we did.

HI! TIG!!

We were on in July 2007 and that idiot Malcolm was the Cd.. talk about annoying... LOL

US TOO!

We wrote Carnival.. and received a call from the VP Of Guest Relations.. She gave us such a great discount we decided on the Miracle (thanks to CC posters) It was so great.. that we rebooked with two weeks of coming home for next year.. it was night and day!

Vancouver... Really??? Will have to look into it.. we would go back to Toronto in a minute.. So much fun so clean.. loved the public transit system (NYC ARE YOU LISTENING!!)..

What is the name of the park on the lake ..you go to an island and there is a tram and zoo... it was amazing!!!!

Hey, the VP called us too. I even received a call from the President. :p

Ooooo my.....he will be there in Oct. :cool:

Well.. a lot of cruisers like him.. I found him annoying..

He likes to hear himself make announcements and he always calls himself Malcolm in the middle and ends every sentence yelling WOO HOO

On this cruise I realized why some cruisers bring duck tape...

Hey, the VP called us too. I even received a call from the President. :p

Dang we must write some really good letters! LOL

Actually my friend wrote the letter.. I must say Carnival was amazing and attentive about it.. But the Victory at the time was getting alot of negative reviews.. It had some renovations last October.. and since then it has been getting much better reviews..So maybe there was also a management change too.. I hope so.. it was very much needed!

Gingee,

For us it was the night we left Halifax and early the following morning.

No fog during nthe day.

TIG... did you see the photo links i posted above.. that was during the day!! and this was in july !LOL

Dang we must write some really good letters! LOL

Actually my friend wrote the letter.. I must say Carnival was amazing and attentive about it.. But the Victory at the time was getting alot of negative reviews.. It had some renovations last October.. and since then it has been getting much better reviews..So maybe there was also a management change too.. I hope so.. it was very much needed!

I was a tad bit ticked off when I wrote mine. :) Not to mention it was our 5th anniversary cruise and I was upset that they messed up a special night I had planned. :cool: The rest was just the icing on the cake........

I've read some positive things about it recently though so I'm really hoping things will be OK. We usually go with an open mind and enjoy it no matter what.

I will enjoy it even more since it barely cost us a thing....:p

Well.. a lot of cruisers like him.. I found him annoying..

He likes to hear himself make announcements and he always calls himself Malcolm in the middle and ends every sentence yelling WOO HOO

On this cruise I realized why some cruisers bring duck tape...

Malcolm In The Middle??? Wow, that's pretty corny!

I hope I don't find him as CD on my next cruise.

I was a tad bit ticked off when I wrote mine. :) Not to mention it was our 5th anniversary cruise and I was upset that they messed up a special night I had planned. :cool: The rest was just the icing on the cake........

I've read some positive things about it recently though so I'm really hoping things will be OK. We usually go with an open mind and enjoy it no matter what.

I will enjoy it even more since it barely cost us a thing....:p

I am sure you will have a great time.. From I read here they did a great job ..

Malcolm In The Middle??? Wow, that's pretty corny!

I hope I don't find him as CD on my next cruise.

I dont know what was worse, his Malcolm in the middle or the WOO HOO he said every 5 seconds...

Bring Duck Tape.. I think he is still the CD

Is the fog usually out at sea or that it just varies?

:) For us it was just at sea. Try not to worry about it... You are booked and leaving soon and have to go with an open mind that you are going to enjoy this cruise as you would any other, be positive. Please write a review when you get back.

Archived