TA's ugg I Venting.

Bases5

I'm venting, I will get over this, but it is frustrating, Hear is my story,

I booked 5 cabins 1 inside 3 balcony and a 9 A aft corner, Even though the final payment is 25 days away the TA suggested going ahead and paying all at this time. I didn't argue and paid, That's that.

Some personal employment issue came up and I decided it would be prudent to save a little cash and give up my 9 A for a 8 A with everybody else. Savings $447, The person I booked with of course is on a 2 week vacation. I called and asked about downgrading with someone else. You would have thought I killed there family pet. This TA does not charge cancellation fees.

This process took well over 45 minutes and instead of refunding me the money he could only give it as a OBC. That's not a problem, The problem I have is its for $366 not $447. I call and call and get the run around.

I am pissed now. I paid for all the cabins myself with the family due to pay me back. It gives them a extra 30 days.

If I cancel and re book will I have to pay all over again while waiting for a refund. I really can't afford that.

Am I making to big of a deal over $80.

I did get quoted today by the same agency the 8 A price I originally paid.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm venting, I will get over this, but it is frustrating, Hear is my story,

I booked 5 cabins 1 inside 3 balcony and a 9 A aft corner, Even though the final payment is 25 days away the TA suggested going ahead and paying all at this time. I didn't argue and paid, That's that.

Some personal employment issue came up and I decided it would be prudent to save a little cash and give up my 9 A for a 8 A with everybody else. Savings $447, The person I booked with of course is on a 2 week vacation. I called and asked about downgrading with someone else. You would have thought I killed there family pet. This TA does not charge cancellation fees.

This process took well over 45 minutes and instead of refunding me the money he could only give it as a OBC. That's not a problem, The problem I have is its for $366 not $447. I call and call and get the run around.

I am pissed now. I paid for all the cabins myself with the family due to pay me back. It gives them a extra 30 days.

If I cancel and re book will I have to pay all over again while waiting for a refund. I really can't afford that.

Am I making to big of a deal over $80.

I did get quoted today by the same agency the 8 A price I originally paid.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I hear your pain!! :eek: I would get another TA... right after I called the agent you dealt with initially. TA's are supposed to work for you, not against you.

Dale

If the 8A price you were originally quoted is the same as the quote today then they owe you the 80 bucks unless there is a fee to change an existing reservation. Call and demand to speak to management and ask why you are getting the 336 and did not get the full OBC of 446.

If the 8A price you were originally quoted is the same as the quote today then they owe you the 80 bucks unless there is a fee to change an existing reservation. Call and demand to speak to management and ask why you are getting the 336 and did not get the full OBC of 446.

I'm not sure if there would be a change fee, I wouldn't think so since I could cancel and rebook without penalties. I would love to ask that question if I could get any one to talk to me. As soon as I say I'm already booked I start getting the run around from 1 person to the next. (You know I can't help you but they can.) Man when they think I want to book they are all over trying to help. Since I already booked I feel like I got the plague.

First of all I would make a follow up call to your regular TA and complain about the service you were given from her back up. The second thing is I would fight for the extra $80.00. $80.00 is alot of DOD's. Good luck.

I always book directly through Carnival so I never have had a problem like that.

living and learning. LOL They were $50 less than carnival X10 thats $500 but I am starting to see why.

I really don't know why anyone bothers with outside TA's anymore. The carnival system is so user friendly and with all the sales, and upgrades to be had, I really don't think they are worth it. I would much rather be able to call up Carnvial myself and make my own changes rather than dealing with a TA. I am very independant when it comes to travel nowadays.

First of all I would make a follow up call to your regular TA and complain about the service you were given from her back up. The second thing is I would fight for the extra $80.00. $80.00 is alot of DOD's. Good luck.

My TA got back from Vacation and took care of my $80 without a question!!!

I don't understand why your TA didn't just credit back your credit card the difference instead of offering you OBC. You're before the final payment date. But since you're happy with it, I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Archived