We went we saw and we are excited

emmylou

This is to Mcboo and allthe rest of you Seabourn cruisers,

We are sailing for the first time on a Seabourn Cruise on Nov.21,2004 onthe Seabourn Pride.

When my husband and I found out the Seabourn Pride was coming into port

in Philadelphia on the 19th of October we could not wait.

Well today is the 19th and rain and all we went down to National Park and we watched as she came around the bend and headed up the Delaware River towards us, she was a sight to see.We waved from the Jersey shore

untill we couldn't see her anymore she is a Grand looking ship, just the glance we got of her we can understand (a little)why you feel about the Seabourn ships as you do,and we can hardly wait untill it is our turn.

We had company waiting to see The Pride as my uncle and four cousins

insisted on being there too.We arrived at 10 o'clock this morning and she came past at 11:29.We got some beautiful shots of her coming up the river.

emmylou

If "seeing" the Pride thrilled you....just wait....You will be so won over..pampered and delighted with your choice. Enjoy! We just returned from the Legend..it was beyond wonderful. It was the best staff we have ever sailed with. We normaly tip just 4 or 5...this time it was 15. They were sooooo special!

Emmylou,

Glad you got to see her. Wait till you get on board. You will have a truly wonderful experience.

Did you get your suite assignment yet? (They are all good).

I should have mine next week they said. Since you are onboard the week before us you may have yours.

Enjoy and Bon Voyage.

mcboo

:):):):)

mcboo,

It's funny you asked that question.We were sitting talking about the ship at around 7:00 this evening and a knock came on the door but when I went

there was no one there.I went to the front door the same.The phone rang

so I answered and my husband went to see if he could see a car,when he opened the door there was a box,and when we opened it we could not believe what it was.I have heard others say about this little black box but I

never expected anything so elabrate,and we got another surprise when we looked at the documents we have been upgraded to catagory B 3 suite 312.

This has really been our lucky day.

Thank you Martita I have always enjoyed posts and your wit and I love my new name

LaPaloma thank you for letting me know what to expect I can't wait to

enjoy all this pampering.I am so glad you had a great time on your cruise I

am sure you wish you were still on it.

emmylou

Emmylou,

Great suite. You have the tub. Don't forget to have your stewardess draw you a Molton-Brown bath and have a glass of champagne or a cocktail while soaking.

Truly a great experience.

Bon Voyage my friend and congartulations on the upgrade.

mcboo:):):)

P.S. Don't forget to let the fresh sea air in from the french-balcony door.

:):)

EmmyLou

Just be prepared to be ruined for life --I agree with the others that the only sad day on Seabourn is the morning you leave - and then the waiting begins for the next wonderful cruise. You will feel like you are queen for a day ( or a week or two , however long you are on board). And if you are at all like me, when you approach the next trip you will feel as if you are going home to family. I know it sounds corny but it really is true!

We got some beautiful shots of her coming up the river.

emmylou

Any chance of your posting any of your pictures? I'd love to see them. I think some of the best views of the Seabourn ships are sailing up/down river. It gives a great perspective of the size and beauty interposed on the surrounding scenery.

You're going to have a great time!

emmylou,

In a few hours' time Pride will be transiting the Delaware/Chesapeake Canal enroute to Baltimore. She departs at noon and in late afternoon sails along really close to both banks and close by roads, etc. Lots of people come out to wave, since they seldom see a cruise ship there, mostly cargo ships. If you want to hop in the car, you could still get a super-close-up view.

bgood

Chairsin--you got it right--it's like returning to a very special home, and I had tears in my eyes when the Capt Thue-Nilsen kissed our daughter as she was leaving the ship. For sure she wants to return!!! Are you settled in Tucson--how do you like our Fall weather?

Norman 2000

I would be more than happy to share my pictures if I knew how but I don't even know where to start.If someone can show me I would be willing to try.

bgood,

If only I had had the hindsight to look past the Pride coming into Philadelphia

I would have been able to make it.I didn't pick up your message until 11:58

this morning and by the time we would have gotten down to the canal it would have been thru the canal.Would have loved to to have waved at GaryCarla where they could have seen us.We didn't see anyone out on deck they may have been on the other side of the ship though since they were coming into Philly,then again it was not nice weather to be standing outside.I tried to submit a reply at that time but my computer decided to go off line just as I hit the reply button.

emmylou

LaPaloma -

Your comments about the Legend are so true. We have been on her twice and are cruising again on the crossing leaving Nov. 10 from Tenerife. I'm so glad to hear Captain Thue-Nilsen will be the Captain - he is a wonderful man, very personable, friendly and fun - definitely my favorite Captain. Can you tell me who the Cruise Director is now? It was Dan Hodge the past two years. I know the crew on the Legend is special - and its really hard to believe unless you've experienced it.

Glad you had such a great trip - we can't wait for ours.

CeeJay

GaryCarla

Enjoy yourself.We were at National Park as you came by heading into Philadelphia.We waved and waved so sorry the weather wasn't better for you.How did you like the cheese steaks or were you to full.From what you said about eating drinking and sleeping you may not have had room for a

Philly cheese steak.

emmylou

Archived