Off Spirit Yesterday? How was the cruise?

cdaystravel

Had a wonderful cruise. Service was excellent. Our family of eight enjoyed Windows Restaurant, but also ate in The Garden Room one night, the buffet for breakfasts on two mornings , the pool barbeque and the Blue Lagoon (chicken wings a must to try). The ship is beautiful and the maintenance was taken care of in Nassau as one of our family members saw divers working that night. The engine problem will be repaired during dry dock in November. The ship has a gentile sway at times which we found very relaxing. We were on the 9th deck with a balcony. It was an excellent vacation. Hope you have a similar experience. We cant wait to start planning our next cruise.

We will be on the Spirit leaving August 9th, what time did the ship get back into NYC our itinerary says 10am, just wondering if that time was accurate? Also how was the entertainment on the ship, what kind of shows did they have to offer?

Where are you going on your cruise? I went to San Juan, British Virgin Islands and Samana, D.R. It was my first cruise and I went solo. I had a balcony on deck 11. We got in to N.Y.C. around 9 A.M. Entertainment included someone doing magic, musical shows, and the last night, some of the crewshowing us their own talent and also the officers were on stage, including the captain. I went to deck 12 alot to listen to bands. Hope you have a great cruise. I already booked one for Bermuda in 2009. I see Hudson Valley, I live in Poughkeepsie.

Where are you going on your cruise? I went to San Juan, British Virgin Islands and Samana, D.R. It was my first cruise and I went solo. I had a balcony on deck 11. We got in to N.Y.C. around 9 A.M. Entertainment included someone doing magic, musical shows, and the last night, some of the crewshowing us their own talent and also the officers were on stage, including the captain. I went to deck 12 alot to listen to bands. Hope you have a great cruise. I already booked one for Bermuda in 2009. I see Hudson Valley, I live in Poughkeepsie.

I'm doing the same cruise you did, you are braver then me I don't know if I would of done it myself! :rolleyes: Thanks for answering my questions I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise we did the Spirit two years ago and really loved the ship and did the Dawn last summer and I still think I prefer the Spirit over the Dawn.

I live in Poughkeepsie also.

We will be on the Spirit leaving August 9th, what time did the ship get back into NYC our itinerary says 10am, just wondering if that time was accurate? Also how was the entertainment on the ship, what kind of shows did they have to offer?

I will be on the same cruise as well.

I will be on the same cruise as well.

Hey CruisinJohn, we have a roll call started and have set up a Meet and Greet 8/10/08 at Henry's Pub 10-11am if your interested stop by the roll call! :)

Wow thats really early :eek:

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't set it up the early bird of the group did...Thanks Phil!!! :rolleyes:

But hey you got to me up to get a pool chair before the chair hogs get them all anyway! :cool:

drbreid & CruisinJohn14

Hi guys, sorry about the early meet and greet, unfortunately I'm the early bird and late night bird in my family.

Good thing is that we have a time and the rest of the day to have fun. John stop by our roll call, we have a friendly group of people there.

drbreid & CruisinJohn14

Hi guys, sorry about the early meet and greet, unfortunately I'm the early bird and late night bird in my family.

Good thing is that we have a time and the rest of the day to have fun. John stop by our roll call, we have a friendly group of people there.

Hey Phil,

Just think you'll get to meet a bunch of great people and have your morning coffee and danish all at the same time, what could be better! :D

I see many people are going on the 8/9 cruise. We are going on 8/23 with 18 family members. Has anyone stayed in inside stateroom 11551? According to the map, our room is configured "sideways"...not the "longway". Does that make the room less "roomy" than the "longway" ones? Also how many lobster nights do each Windows and Garden have? Is it true that Latitude members have their own boarding area? Our aunt and uncle are past NCL cruisers and was wondering about that. Thanks for all who answer these questions.

Hi,

The cruise was great. Very relaxing and peaceful. We enjoyed the food overall, the choices in the Buffett at Raffles were numerous. Also if you like Asian food, the Shogun restaurant was good. All of the staff members were friendly. It was a very nice vacation.

Dot

We were on this same cruise also. Had a wonderful time. We were off the ship at 11:30 - the time that we picked. We went to find our luggage. The porters were there waiting to help us and we went right through customs. By 11:50 we had met our driver and were on our way back to NJ.

Archived