Chocolate on Dawn?

gszach

Sailing on the Dawn Oct 5, 2008 to Bermuda. I am a major chocoholic and my vacation must include much chocolate!

1. Do they put chocolate on your pillows at night like RCI? Can I ask the steward to put extras? (even though there are no kids we also would like towel animals every night...wife loves them. Will they do that too?)

2. I heard there is a chocolate midnight buffet one of the nights? Is it only one night? Which night? Where is it located?

3. I read that there is a chocolate fountain available? Is it available every day? Where is this available? When is it available? And what is available to dip in it?

The chocoholic buffet was Thursday night at 10:00 in the Garden Cafe when we went on the Dawn in June. In years past there was a chocolate fountain with different fruits, pretzel sticks, and cookies that was used for dipping. But, we didn't see it this year.

Yes, they put chocolates on your pillow every night, but I never asked for more. I don't see why the stewards couldn't give you more. Just ask!

Towel animals: it depends on the steward. We've been on NCL 4 times and 2 out of the 4 we had towel animals every night. The other 2 almost every night.

Enjoy! You'll love the Dawn!

I am getting so excited. Lobster and chocolate. I am heading straight for that chocolate fountain, that is, as soon as I figure out where it is. It better be there! I LOVE CHOCOLATE!

gszack: Yes they put chocolates on your pillow every night, certainly ask for extra. But remember if your room stewarts do extra for you you should do extra for them.

The chocolate buffet is only 1 night, usually later in the cruise day 5 or 6. It is usually 10 at night. It is on this night that they have the fountain, have never seen the fountain on other nights. On the Gem they had the ususal fruit for dipping but didn't have bananas. So I wen tover to the fruit section got a banana went back to the fountain and had them dip it. It was fantastic.

Of course there are chocolate desserts available every lunch and dinner so enjoy.

We are going on the Dawn to Bermuda Aug 24. No guarantee that they will do everything the same for our cruise as they will for your's but I will write a review when we get back and let you know when/ where/ etc about the chocolate buffet.

...put chocolates on your pillow every night...On the Gem they had the ususal fruit for dipping but didn't have bananas. So I wen tover to the fruit section got a banana went back to the fountain and had them dip it. It was fantastic.

Of course there are chocolate desserts available every lunch and dinner so enjoy.

We are going on the Dawn to Bermuda Aug 24. ...I will write a review when we get back and let you know when/ where/ etc about the chocolate buffet.

chocolate covered bananas are soooo good. Mmmmm....chocolate!!!! I look forward to your review.

Can anyone out there relate to my huge chocolate love? I eat it and I just get happy, like a drug.

How about chocolate and Nutella pizza, we make that for dessert...yummy....

1) About the chocolate on your pillows. We did receive two Andes candies on our pillows each night. Our cabin steward would have gladly given us more if we asked. Just tell them from the get go, you enjoy the towel animals. We sometimes had two a day.

2) On the Dawn the Chocolate buffet is located in the Garden Cafe, Deck 12, Aft, I believe it was our 4th night on the cruise. It went from 10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Here is where I believe the Spirit does a better job. The spirit has it in the Main dinig room, looks nicer and more room to walk. I did not even attend this last one. It becomes way too crowded.

3) Yes there is a chocolate fountain available, as a matter of fact there were two. A milk chocolate and a white chocolate. They had assort. fruits and banana bread available. A crew member does it for you on the Dawn. The Spirit, it is a do it your self thing. I passed on the Spirit after watching a little boy stick his finger in it. (his mother laughed) The fountains are located in the Garden Cafe, Deck 12, Aft. That was my best dessert. O.k. o.k. .... one of them.

Dawn

The fountains are located in the Garden Cafe, Deck 12, Aft. That was my best dessert. O.k. o.k. .... one of them.

Dawn

I can taste it already. OK, noting that down, Deck 12, Aft in Garden Cafe. Are the fountains there every night of the cruise?

Omg, my mouth was watering as I read this, however was this the same on the dream too? I've never cruised with NCL only with RC, Carnival, and Princess. So this will be my first one (Aug. 10), do they have a chocolate buffet, chocolates on pillows, and animal towels on the Dream?? I'm so excited! Thanks.:D

Omg, my mouth was watering as I read this, however was this the same on the dream too? I've never cruised with NCL only with RC, Carnival, and Princess. So this will be my first one (Aug. 10), do they have a chocolate buffet, chocolates on pillows, and animal towels on the Dream?? I'm so excited! Thanks.:D

They had all that when I was on the Dream but that was 2 years ago. Now that they've sold it I don't know if they even implemented 2.0. :confused:

Just got off the Dawn on Sunday. Maybe they are trying something new?

They were available at night.

Chocolate fountains on all NCL ships at dinner time in Windjammer is a Freestyle 2.0 upgrade. I'm glad to hear the Dawn finally got her fountain(s). We were told it was on order by the hotel director the last time we cruised on her a couple of months ago.

Archived