Ice Bar in Copenhagen?

I am looking to visit the Ice Bar while I'm in Copenhagen (via Carnival Splendor on 9/1/08). I was hoping to avoid paying the huge cruise ship excursion cost and try to get there on my own. However, I was just on the Absolut website and it shows that they are open from 17:00 to 00:00 (but the ship leaves Copenhagen at 16:00). Does that mean that the Ice Bar opens at a special time for excursion guests only and I cannot get in on my own?

That could be. Try to email them to see if you can get in earlier. We were just there last week but had made a reservation via email before we left home. As it turned out we went an hour early because we were in the area and they let us in with no problems. We enjoyed it.

Ditto for us too. We had reservations on 7/28 for 6:45 but arrived an hour early and they let us in too. If Stockholm is on your itinerary, you could check out the Absolut bar there instead - if times are any better for you to do it on your own.

Ditto for us too. We had reservations on 7/28 for 6:45 but arrived an hour early and they let us in too. If Stockholm is on your itinerary, you could check out the Absolut bar there instead - if times are any better for you to do it on your own.

thank you for this information! does anyone still have the email link they used to make their reservations? i will see if i can find it on the website, but i thought i would ask you guys in hopes that I could avoid navagating Absolut's site. is it me or does it seem a little user UNfriendly?

I definitely would not consider paying the ship's fee. It wasn't worth the fee they charge just by themselves. You may feel differently, but I think the concensus from our group was that it wasn't worth the money. To me, it felt like just a tourist trap. We didn't even stay the 45 minutes. Of course I am not much of a bar person.

You walk in and you pay and put on a parka. You go into the bar. Hand the man your drink card. Then you drink your tiny, tiny drink. Take your photo by the ABSOLUT ICE BAR COPENHAGEN carved in ice. Marvel at the fact your lips don't stick to the ice glass. Marvel some more that when you drink it, the glass made of ice does get thinner. Marvel that the man serving the drink doesn't freeze his butt off without a parka. Then glance once more at the ice table and ice walls and leave.

O.K. I am slightly joking, but that is what we did. I know a lot of people love the place. I read a lot of good reviews from cc when I booked it. Maybe I am too old and boring for it. :-)

Thank you to everyone who gave me the inside track about emailing a reservation request! It worked! I emailed the Ice Bar in Copenhagen and they let me make a reservation!! :D

Happy travels!

Archived