Aft Balcony? yea-nay

Bases5

It's only the center two cabins on each aft deck that are smaller from what I have read. Again, we had 7448 on Conquest and it was definitely smaller than the cabin to our starboard side. I peeked in and they had a sofa, we did not and you could tell the difference in size. I just wish Carnival would post actual cabin size because if the cabin next door was 185 sq. ft, 7448 was smaller. If 7448 is 185 sq. ft., then the one next door was larger.

It's only the center two cabins on each aft deck that are smaller from what I have read. Again, we had 7448 on Conquest and it was definitely smaller than the cabin to our starboard side. I peeked in and they had a sofa, we did not and you could tell the difference in size. I just wish Carnival would post actual cabin size because if the cabin next door was 185 sq. ft, 7448 was smaller. If 7448 is 185 sq. ft., then the one next door was larger.

Are they 'smaller' or the end cabins larger than normal...?

Which one next door? I am looking on cruise deck plans..the wraps are larger..

Cabin 7448 (8B OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 7453

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table .

Cabin 7445 (9A OSTW) 185/75 sq ft

View: 2 windows and wrap-around balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

Category 9: Two twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, TV with first-run movies, phone, lots of drawer and closet space, and a private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. 185-sq.-ft. stateroom. 75-sq.-ft. balcony.

this is on the side.. right before the end

Cabin 7434 (8B OSTW) 185/75 sq ft

View: window and large balcony connecting balconies: yes

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer wall safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

:confused:

I think what they are saying is the 2 middle aft cabins are smaller than the cabins on both sides of the 2 middle ones.

Deck 7 has 8 across where deck 6 has only 6 aft cabins not including the corners, I wonder if that makes a difference.

I think what they are saying is the 2 middle aft cabins are smaller than the cabins on both sides of the 2 middle ones.

Deck 7 has 8 across where deck 6 has only 6 aft cabins not including the corners, I wonder if that makes a difference.

Could be.. if you have cabin numbers i can check ;)

We are in 6379 on the Destiny

Cabin 6379 (8A OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 6352

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Does this help?

According to this site.. all 6 cabins have the same size cabin and balcony...same with deck 7

Thanks,

I did notice the deck 7 cabins you posted says chair and coffee table. The deck 6 cabin you checked for me say sofa and coffee table. Seems interesting.

and they are the same size??? weird...

lol i have a big mouth.. gets me in trouble.. :p

I remember saying you'll have 10k by the time we leave in May. Maybe I've underestimated, especially if it's a long, cold winter.:eek:

I always book the aft cabin. If you look at the deck plans, you will see which cabins have an extended balcony. They are about 1/3rd covered, depending on the ship. (for instance Emerald Princess has huge aft balaconies completey covered) But the best pro is that you can use it everyday. I have had balconies on the side where the wind is so strong you can't stay out unless you were in port. I have always found the weather pleasant, only a few times was it to hot to enjoy and never for very long. And the view is always amazing.

Umm..."only a few times was it too hot to enjoy"? You live in Florida currently, right? Should I/we wait until we hear from someone from say....Maine or Minnesota to believe aft cabins are not too hot? :D

Umm..."only a few times was it too hot to enjoy"? You live in Florida currently, right? Should I/we wait until we hear from someone from say....Maine or Minnesota to believe aft cabins are not too hot? :D

I can not stand the heat most times.. but on a cruise on the water .. even without a breeze it was tolerable!

Some days I needed to put a towel on the chair so I didnt burn my legs.. but trust me.. as a person who can have air in the winter in NY.. it was great!:D

Archived