I need feedback on dining choices on the Gem and special diet issues.

Dellarose

I am cruising the Gem in October in the Western Mediterranean. This is my first time on Norwegian and my first time with freestyle. I'm concerned about my daughter who is a vegan. When we cruised on HAL, we talked to people ahead of time and they ordered her food specially and the waiters really took care of her all throughout the cruise. It was wonderful. Not sure how it's going to work now.

The other thing I'm not clear on is which restaurants are "free" and which ones you have to pay for. One review said make all your reservations the first night or you won't get in.

I'm a little nervous because it's not just my husband and I . It's my 25 year old daughter, who I've mentioned already. It's my 77 year old mother and my in-laws who are in their 80's. I want to make sure everybody is happy and taken care of.

I would love some input on the dining choices, making reservations, and special diets.

Archived