45 Day Letter Redeemed

munchkin4

Now before everyone starts shouting me down, saying what garbage that is - how many of those that send letters of gratitude, have also sent letters to restaurants, taxi firms, and all the shops you visit - just to say how nice their employees have been to you?

I most certainly do give credit where credit is due. On more than one occasion I have sought out the manager of an establishment to compliment an employee or I have told the employee myself. But I only do it when service is exceptional as I did with Carnival.

I have no problem however if you wrote the letter just to get the bar coupons. Perfectly okay with me.

I wrote a letter to get the free bar tokens. Every little saved and all that. And I will admit to it.

I don't believe any more than 10% send a letter of gratitude simply just to show their gratitude.

The way I look at it, is the bonus is letting staff know they have done a good job for you (in addition to the tips I have already given them).

Now before everyone starts shouting me down, saying what garbage that is - how many of those that send letters of gratitude, have also sent letters to restaurants, taxi firms, and all the shops you visit - just to say how nice their employees have been to you?

I have sent letters as well as praising employees that go above and beyond by speaking to their managers. I have absolutely no problem with acknowledging someone who not only performs their job well but does it in a way that makes my experience better. I had to chuckle at the taxi firm mention since my sample letter (feel free to borrow it should you need it lol) would go something like:

Taxi Owners,

I want to thank you for the thrill of riding in one of your taxi's during my vacation. I haven't been to an amusement park in years and didn't realize a free pass was included with all of your taxi rides. I do apologize if the seats were soiled during our ride but I really thought that the brakes had failed. I was busy praying for survival that I lost all control. Six Flags has nothing on your rides. Again thank you for encouraging me to walk more and ride less.

Yep that's my letter now does anyone have the address for Miami Dade Taxi service or perhaps the Cozumel taxi service ?? I could send both a copy .......I just hope they don't send me a free ride coupon but perhaps some bar coupons would help ease the trauma of the ride ......:eek:

We had poor service in our stateroom and at supper club. Mrsosci

Would you mind telling what happened with the service in the Supper Club? A shame you had to write a letter of complaint but nice that Carnival showed their concern with your problems. :)

Thought a few of you waiting to redeem might be interested in this.

Hope all have great cruises!!

Thanks for the information. I have my 45-day letter posted on my bulletin board so I won't forget (next trip is planned for 2009, but you never know...............). When I wrote to them about problems with embarkation in Galveston, I just did it hoping they would fix the problem. I had never gotten a letter like this before (never had problems or written before, either), so was surprised.

Mine only says, "We would like to extend to you a Bon Voyage gift on your next cruise with us", blah, blah, blah.

Can't wait to see what it is (I have time to wait and choose). Free bar coupons and chocolate sounds good...........;)

For the record, I write letters of praise for good service quite often and now I feel very badly that I haven't done it more for the Carnival employees, seeing as how we've had so many great ones.

Hi everyone....

thanks for the comments.... I guess after I read all the comments to my other post.... (re:samples), it was rather silly of me.... Must have been a late night post.

Anyway I did get my letter written, was long, but I wanted to mention all the Carnival people who had made the cruise as fantastic as it was. Not really expecting anything, but I just wanted to recognize the employees for their efforts, especially the PVP who I worked with, she was great.

Congrats to all of you who have received stuff..... way to go....

Happy Cruising to all.....

M

Archived