Wii Fit

HI ALL! I just received my Wii Fit the other day! I have officially started doing it daily for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I think its an excellent way to get up off my butt and still have fun doing it! I love how it gives you goals to work for. I'm really looking forward to making some progress and toning up! Anyone else out there doing a fitness program with the Wii Fit?

How do you even get the game console? That seems to be the biggest issue around here!

Ain't that the truth!! Took me forever! There's a really cool website called wiitracker.com which constantly updates when stores (like ToyRUs, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.) have them in stock. You have to pay close attention because most of the time when one is in stock, it'll be out of stock within 20 minutes. Also, on that same site, you can track Wii Fits (wiitracker.com/wiifit) which is also how I found mine. I got my Wii at Circuit City and the Wii Fit at Gamestop...both through wiitracker. If you've really got your heart set on getting one, I would highly recommend the site!! Good luck!

PS...I have lost 2 pounds in the last week from doing my Wii Fit each day!! Plus I'm really watching what I eat as well...So far, so good!!

I got one as a late mothers day gift at the end of June. Since we have had it I have lost 14 lbs toward my goal set of 22 lbs over 3 weeks. I have to say that I started losing wieght at the end of March when I as diagnosed with diabetes and have lost 35 lbs total so far. I need to lose another 35 to get into the normal BMI range. I have lost the wieght so far by controlling my carbs (45-60 carbs-3 meals a day and 15-30 carbs 1-2 snacks a day), riding my stationary bike (and new mountain bike I received for my birthday) and now by working out on the wii. I started out by doing 2 miles on the bike and for every 5 lbs lost I upped the distance 1 mile. I am now up to 8 miles. I work out on the wii for 15-30 minutes 3-4 times a week, depending on my schedule. I am the hula hoop champion in my house (DD(11), DS(14), and DH). I love it. It is a fun way to supplement my diet.

Wow the wii fit is so hard to find. I did bring up the alert sites and sure enough I had a chance to order it this am without paying ebay prices. I am so excited for it to arrive! I will let you know how it works for me. I am on Alli but need some metabolism working for me.

AWESOME! :D So glad the alert site worked for you! I was so excited to get mine too...I've been using it for a week and a half now and am still loving it! Report back and let us know what you think!

Just got mine on Friday afternoon---got lucky and found one at ToysRUs. I have had fun with it so far. I'll let everyone know how I do with it....so far I have only hula-hooped and bounced the soccer balls off my head. Haven't been brave enough to try the jogging program!

Michele

Just got mine on Friday afternoon---got lucky and found one at ToysRUs. I have had fun with it so far. I'll let everyone know how I do with it....so far I have only hula-hooped and bounced the soccer balls off my head. Haven't been brave enough to try the jogging program!

Michele

That's great! Looking forward to hearing your progress. When starting out, you'll only have a few games to pick from, but the more you play, the more Wii Fit Credits you'll receive and it'll unlock more games for you to play. I don't really care for jogging that much (not really my forte), so I definitely get more use out of the other activities...especially the advanced step aerobics, advanced hoolahoop and all the strength activies. Let us know how your work out goes and which are your favorite too!

Thanks for sharing!

Is there a weight limit for the Wii Fit? I am a nice sized girl and I am just curious before I go about trying to find one.

Thanks!

I believe the weight limit is 300 lbs.

I am interested in the wii fit. What is everything I need to get going.

kimber

You'll need the Wii game console ($250) and the Wii Fit Balance Board ($90). Both seem to be difficult to find...I suggest the alert site wiitracker.com and wiitracker.com/wiifit, respectively. :cool:

In case any of you are competitive like me, I just wanted to pass on some info --

There's a terrific (and fun) weight loss website at www.sparkpeople.com. I've started up a SparkTeam there called "Wii Top Scores!" (There's also a Cruise Critic team.) In the Wii Top Scores team, we're keeping a list of the top 20 scores on Wii Fit and Wii Sports games. We'll also have challenges for some of the games. I just wanted to invite you all to check out the group if you're interested in seeing how your scores stack up.

Once you join SparkPeople (totally free!) you can search for my SparkPage. My username there is "Perkyblue" there too. Or you can search for the "Wii Top Scores!" SparkTeam. If you want to join, but need help finding me or the group (or the CC group) just let me know your username, and I'll find you and send you an invitation to the group.

I have been using my Wii Fitness for 14 days now, and have lost 5 pounds!!! (Granted I did start back up on my low-carb diet as well, so it's not all the Wii Fitness :p) but my exercise is coming ONLY from the Wii Fitness at this time. Hopefully, I'll get my gym membership up and going at the beginning of the month.

20 more pounds to go before February!!

ENJOY your Wii exercise!

-KEIA

Ok I finally got my wii console. Can't find the wii fit. I thought about going on ebay if they aren't too high. If you buy the wii fit at the store what does it come with? Does it come with the board and the game or is the game sold separate?

kimber

Archived