Using COUPON after booking

Bases5

Hello all knowing ones.

We have a cruise already booked for OCT. (5 cabins) My DD found 3 coupons for $50 off. OK the coupon says new bookings only, I understand, But we have not reached our penalty period yet. I would think I could cancel and rebook if necessary. ( at prevailing rates)

It also say at the time of deposit but I would think the same applies.

What is your experience been using coupons after booking?

Here is how the coupon reads.

SAVE UP TO AN EXTRA $100 PER STATEROOM ON A FABULOUS 7 DAY OR LONGER CARNIVAL CRUISE OR UP TO AN EXTRA $50 PER STATEROOM ON THE NEWEST, LARGEST AND MOST POPULAR 3, 4, AND 5 DAY FLEET. THIS SPECIAL SAVINGS IS COMBINABLE WITH OUR LOW SUPER SAVER RATES… ITS YOUR BEST VACATION VALUE!

VALID NOW THRU ECEMBER 31, 2008

BACK OF CARD:

TERMS AND CODITIONS:

CERTIFICATE MAY BE REDDEEMED AT ANY TRAVEL AGENT AND IS VALID ON SELECTED 3, 4, 5, 7 DAY OR LONGER CARNIVAL CRUISES DEPARTING PRIOR TO December 31, 2008

Applies to new individual bookings only. Limit one certificate per stateroom.

Offer is capacity controlled and space may be limited on certain cruises. Certain restrictions apply. Specific cruises may be excluded at any time. Christmas and new year’s cruises will not be available.

Applies to purchases at the available rates for stateroom categories 6a through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A).

Offer is combinable with Carnival’s super saver program.

Offer is not combinable with any other discount, promotion offer or groups.

[savings for single occupancy bookings is $50 for 7 day or longer cruises and $25 for 3, 4, and 5 day cruises.

Only original certificates will be accepted. Reproductions will not be accepted.

Certificate has no cash value and savings amount is expressed in u.s. dollars.

Certificate must be submitted with deposit payment. Savings amount may not be deducted from deposit amount.

Ships registered: panama and the Bahamas.

Then there is a fill out section for name booking number, ship, sailing date, travel agency name, travel agency phone number

Subject to rules of use. Not valid with other discount offers, unless specified. Coupons void if purchase, sold, or bartered for cash.

How many cabins do you have booked??

Iv seen those coupons in the entertainment books but they dont apply to guarantees, or lower category inside or 1A cabins for instance. Im willing to bet they will allow you to send them in. $50 per cabin isnt much of a discount, but if you have several cabins booked, I can see that it could work. Just ask whomever you booked with, Im sure you can still have it applied, but think you also have to send them in, or have your TA send them in.

Note this exclusion (its the one that gets me):

Applies to purchases at the available rates for stateroom categories 6a through 12 (excluding 6E and 9A).

Thanks yea we are in 8 a cabins I have 3 coupons,

Do I send them stright to Carnival or do I send them to my TA

You need to go thru the TA and ask her how she wants to handle it if that is who you booked thru. Shouldnt be a problem, unless the TA just dosnt want to bother with it.

You said you have 8 cabins. Did you get a group price?? That may mean the coupons are not good too, you should be getting group incentives and one free berth, which total would be worth more than $150 off.

i forgot to tell my ta about the $100 coupon when i booked.. she told me to mail it to her and she sent it to carnival to see if they would honor it and they did.. as a matter of fact, i sent it about a month after booking.

I have used these coupons after booking a couple times for our balcony rooms. I did not use it this time because we decided to try a guarantee balcony instead of assigned. (Come on, upgrade fairy!) I do not think it is valid for BL and I thought group bookings were excluded also since there is already a large discount given on rooms. You mail it to Carnival with the info filled out on back and you will see a credit within a week or two on your account. They actually sent me a new invoice once it was credited last year. The one before that they gave me $100 OBC since I booked a few weeks out and paid in full for the cruise at booking. Good luck! That will buy a few DOD's!:p

I have used these coupons after booking a couple times for our balcony rooms. I did not use it this time because we decided to try a guarantee balcony instead of assigned. (Come on' date=' upgrade fairy!) I do not think it is valid for BL and I thought group bookings were excluded also since there is already a large discount given on rooms. You mail it to Carnival with the info filled out on back and you will see a credit within a week or two on your account. They actually sent me a new invoice once it was credited last year. The one before that they gave me $100 OBC since I booked a few weeks out and paid in full for the cruise at booking. Good luck! That will buy a few DOD's!:p [/color']

Does anybody which would be the correct Carnival address to mail the coupons to?

I was going to use thse coupons when I booked my cruise. I showed the coupon to my TA and she called Carnival. My wife and i are past guests and they were running an upgrade to a balcony on the Panoram deck for the same price as a guarantee balcony. If wse used the coupon this would not have applies so we chose the free upgrade. I would make sure it is a better deal to use the coupon because sometimes it is not. Either way you are going on a cruise so it's a good deal :D

Does anybody which would be the correct Carnival address to mail the coupons to?

Have you talked to your TA yet? As several have said that is the first thing to do, find out if Carnival will honor these coupons on your bookings.

Since you went thru a TA and not thru Carnival, you need to contact your TA first on this, not Carnival.

My TA gave me the address and also my PVP gave me the address the times I have used it. I am sorry I don't have it with me this morning, but it is easy enough to get, I think. Just call the 800 # for Carnival and they will be glad to give you the address or call your TA, if you used one. It is the main address in Miami, attn: Customer Relations, I also used it to send Funship Dollars Certificates to credit our account. (These I sent certified, but not the coupon)

I was going to use thse coupons when I booked my cruise. I showed the coupon to my TA and she called Carnival. My wife and i are past guests and they were running an upgrade to a balcony on the Panoram deck for the same price as a guarantee balcony. If wse used the coupon this would not have applies so we chose the free upgrade. I would make sure it is a better deal to use the coupon because sometimes it is not. Either way you are going on a cruise so it's a good deal :D

I know the ones in the Entertainment Book can't be used with any "discount rate" including past guest & military. So if you've used either of these discounts, you can't use the coupon.

I know the ones in the Entertainment Book can't be used with any "discount rate" including past guest & military. So if you've used either of these discounts, you can't use the coupon.

I also checked and they cannot be used if you have a senior or resident discount. Does Carnival have any discount coupons that can be applied if you have booked with a discount? On RCI they would take off any discounts that were found up until sailing. Thanks if anyone knows this. :confused:

I did call my TA and she is going to get back to me.

I don't think I will get to use them as we used past guest to book.

I do agree RCCL will give you multiple discounts. Even with them they tend to be higher than Carnival.

I like both lines equal but have to give the big C the edge on value.

It doesn't matter I am real happy with my room price and trip. I was trying to help my kids cut some cost.

I used the coupon in the entertainment book after I had booked and paid in full for my cruise. I had booked an ocean view room. I called Carnival direct with my reservation #. I asked them if I could use the coupon and they said yes so they gave me the address to mail the coupon in to. When they received the coupon they refunded the coupon amount to the credit card that I had used to pay for the cruise. The credit did not show up until after the cruise.

I used the coupon in the entertainment book after I had booked and paid in full for my cruise. I had booked an ocean view room. I called Carnival direct with my reservation #. I asked them if I could use the coupon and they said yes so they gave me the address to mail the coupon in to. When they received the coupon they refunded the coupon amount to the credit card that I had used to pay for the cruise. The credit did not show up until after the cruise.

Did you use Carnival or a TA to book your cruise?

whats better....the coupon or the past guest discount??

Along those lines....what is the past guest discount in terms of $ off....or does it vary? We are so smart and used our past guest discount for the first time on my FIFTH cruise!

Archived