Tahitian princess

SillySoul

There were a couple of things I missed on the Tahitian...Fresh real coffee and I would have liked a theater dedicated for movies. That said, it was a great experience for Alaska. The library aboard was a wonderful place!

The passenger demographic tended to skew older (and sometimes crankier for some reason) than other Princess ships we've been on.

Entertainment was fairly well mixed. Does anybody else wish they'd lose Disco night forever????

I think you have to try it; with the right itinerary I'd sail on TP or a sister again. I'd prefer a slightly larger ship but not too big either (I really liked the Regal).

Cheers,

Bruce

CaptainKlutz,

I agree with you that the Regal Princess was a lovely ship. We did a 21 day cruise from Rio to Valpariso via Antarctica on her and she was fantastic in a huge Force 11 gale that we struck after we left the Falklands. She is a great ship in bad weather.

Unfortunately, she has been sent down here and the powers that be (P&O Australia) have added 500 berths to that beautiful ship. I hate to think how crowded it is now.

The Tahitian is a favourite of ours though as we do love the smaller ships. We have always found the entertainment on her to be excellent and as long as the food and service are good, then we have no complaints.

We are looking forward to our Alaskan cruise in 3 weeks time.

Jennie

The passenger demographic tended to skew older (and sometimes crankier for some reason) than other Princess ships we've been on.

Cranky! Who's Cranky?

We've been on 4 Alaska cruises, included this year's cruise on the Tahitian, and they have all tended to have older passengers. It seems to come with the itinerary. Given the more exotic and longer itineraries of the small Princess ships, I would expect them to generally have older (and crankier?) passengers.

Thank you for posting the site for these great pictures. It gives me a very good look at the Tahitian Princess. We have booked her for the Northern Europe/Iceland/Greenland cruise for next July.

You are welcome. Have a great cruise.

Archived