Wish that this ship was also an RCI ship.

Celebrity is getting ready to to move the Solstice out of assembly building on Sunday morning. She is a nice looking ship. As much as I am looking forward to the Oasis, this ship would also make a perfect addition to the RCI family.

Once you click on the link, you can click on the photo and enlarge it.

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/s675_mg_2426lores.jpg

Gordon........I could not agree with you more!! Great looking ship........and all of those balconies!!! :)

I wish RCCl would build more Radiance Class ships. They still are my favorite for size and the fact that almost everywhere you are on that class.........you see water.

Rick

Gordon........I could not agree with you more!! Great looking ship........and all of those balconies!!! :)

I wish RCCl would build more Radiance Class ships. They still are my favorite for size and the fact that almost everywhere you are on that class.........you see water.

Rick

Same here!! The Solstice looks fantastic.

###

Rick

I know that RCI likes the bigger is better mentality but I think four or five ships built off this platform would be nice.

I know that RCI likes the bigger is better mentality but I think four or five ships built off this platform would be nice.

Gordon, I just saw an add for the Solstice for the end of november 2 night cruise it is a charter that is now open to the public. Book and inside and get upgraded to a balcony for $329 includes port charges but taxes are additional. Might be a nice way to see the ship.

Gordon, I just saw an add for the Solstice for the end of november 2 night cruise it is a charter that is now open to the public. Book and inside and get upgraded to a balcony for $329 includes port charges but taxes are additional. Might be a nice way to see the ship.

That would be nice.

Looking at the photos of the Solstice gives one an idea of how the very large lifeboats on the Oasis are going to be configured with the outdoor promenade deck.

I guess that my biggest problem is that I live just 5 hours from Las Vegas........and to get on a Freedom........even a Voyager Class ship......I might as well be in Vegas. The promenade is wonderful for so many people.........they rave about it...........but, for me......it's the sea.

That's why I love the Radiance Class.

Then for those of you that have visited the Vasa Museum in Sweden.......the center of the Vasa was kind of built like Vegas.....you could not see anything except from the cannon ports. It had a center hallway.

Too bad it only made it a about 3/4 of a mile from where she left her home port before she healed over and sank. Sometimes I think that what RCCL is building.......with so much above the waterline.......and the design........it just might do the same thing!! :D :D

Rick

I guess that my biggest problem is that I live just 5 hours from Las Vegas........and to get on a Freedom........even a Voyager Class ship......I might as well be in Vegas. The promenade is wonderful for so many people.........they rave about it...........but, for me......it's the sea.

That's why I love the Radiance Class.

Rick

Same here neighbor :) At least the west coast will be getting the Mariner and the Radiance soon :D

Gordon, the special offer on the 2 nighter Solstice cruise is from the # One Cruising Company ;)

###

Thank You!!! I keep thinking that I am the only person that thinks the Promenade looks like one of the inside "cities" in Las Vegas. It was neat at first, as they all are. But by day 2 I thought it was very similar to Paris, Venice, New York and others. :D And I'm sorry...I just think it is sort of creepy on a cruise. I would prefer to see the ocean as well. :)

Solstice is a very nice looking ship. The Radiance class is also our favorite. :D

This is an awesome charter, deciding now if I want to take my daughters on it. I will decide in the next few days. I actually think it will sell out fast.

As loyal Celebrity cruisers with 30+ X cruises and several more booked, we've long been envious of the large number of ships in the RCCL fleet vs. the relatively few in the X fleet. In fact, for a long time we've felt like the neglected step-children of RCI which invests many more $$$ in RCCL than it does in X. It's been about six years since X debuted a new ship (Constellation), so you can imagine how excited we are to finally have three new builds on order, one of which, Solstice, will be sailing in just a few months.

With the new Independence and the debut of Oasis not terribly far off, is it really too much to expect RCCL loyalists not to engage in ship-envy and allow X loyalists our (rare) moment of joy? (LOL!!!)

I totally agree with you. This is the ship that is making me leave RCI for a while. I am cruising on Equinox (pictured in her beginning stages next to Solstive). Not only is the ship fantastic, but the itineraries are great too.

There is a rumor that after Oasis class, RCI will be moving to smaller ships again. Maybe they will do something similar to Solstice class.

what are the dates for that one?--could not find it on the Celeb website--maybe I'll also check the Celeb Bd we have two already booked on her but a short one might be fun as wel!.

Archived