Renting a Car Post-Cruise From Harwich

Looking to rent a car post-cruise in Harwich. Looks like Avis has an office in Ipswich, about 15 miles away. Has anyone rented from Avis here? How do you get from Harwich to Ipswich (looking for alternatives to an expensive taxi ride)?

Looking to rent a car post-cruise in Harwich. Looks like Avis has an office in Ipswich, about 15 miles away. Has anyone rented from Avis here? How do you get from Harwich to Ipswich (looking for alternatives to an expensive taxi ride)?

One reason why we avoid to cruise from/to Harwich: there is none. We called all major ones and then did not book the cruise.

It's somehow too complicated especially on a weekend and if you need to go to one of the airports compared to Southampton and Dover.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We have rented a car following our cruise. Taking the train from Harwich International to Ipswich and picking up a rental from Hertz, returning it 4 days later to Heathrow. I don't believe there was a drop off fee. My total bill will be $250 US for an automatic (one up from the small size). I booked it back in January.

Archived