Activities for 11yo on Majesty?

Another member on one of the Majesty Roll calls I'm on wanted to know about activities available to their 11yo son.

I know that Majesty has the Adventure Ocean facilities, but I was trying to find specific examples of the activities kids in that age range have access to. I have already tried to search for answers but have not found anything. Can anyone who has sailed Majesty with children of this age help us out with some answers?

Thanks!

Another member on one of the Majesty Roll calls I'm on wanted to know about activities available to their 11yo son.

I know that Majesty has the Adventure Ocean facilities, but I was trying to find specific examples of the activities kids in that age range have access to. I have already tried to search for answers but have not found anything. Can anyone who has sailed Majesty with children of this age help us out with some answers?Thanks!

I think that all RCCL ships have pretty much the same children activities.

I was on the Mariner with my grandson age 11, at that time.

First they put them with kids their own age group, they had scavenger hunts, video games, some sport activities, among many other things. I can only say that he loved it could not get him out of the program.

Hey Scott, I replied to you on your other thread (fam board).

But all AO activities can be found at the link in my signature

http://photobucket.com/cruisekidpages

It's a collection of AO pages from parents at the Family board. Feel free to give the person on your roll call the link to the collection.

We don't have Majesty, but all activities are pretty much fleetwide. There are pages for each age group.

The basketball court is THE place to hang- for all boys it seemed, each time I have sailed Majesty- our boys preferred to be up there than anywhere else- it's where they made friends without being in "organized" activities.

I know that Majesty has the Adventure Ocean facilities, but I was trying to find specific examples of the activities kids in that age range have access to. I have already tried to search for answers but have not found anything. Can anyone who has sailed Majesty with children of this age help us out with some answers?

Thanks!

While on the Majesty this year, I saw a lot of kids near the rear of the boat on the sports deck playing basketball or using one of the two ping pong tables. They also had their club just in front of the basketball hoop, although I'm not sure if that was a teen club or not.

Depending on whether your child is going out into port with you, how long you remain out in port, and when your dinner seating time is, your son will find enough things to do.

Sorry I can't be of more help; perhaps someone with children in that age group and that have been on the Majesty can pitch in?

The basketball court is THE place to hang- for all boys it seemed, each time I have sailed Majesty- our boys preferred to be up there than anywhere else- it's where they made friends without being in "organized" activities.

I second that. The girls will hang to the sides watching the games and boys/girls will mingle while playing ping pong.

As for the boys, they generally like to run around on the court. I discouraged a group of older teens from coming in and declaring they were going to play a game while the younger kids and I were just shooting around. I "proposed" that we all play in the game or the teens would just have to come back at another time.

It was a crowded game (7 people per team), but it was fun nonetheless and the younger ones has a great time. Parents of the little one were even there cheering on their little ones. It was great! :)

Archived