QM2 Inside Cabins

Phamer55

Hello. Has anyone got a photo of the QM2 inside cabins? Thinking about a TA one day and the inside cabins are priced at what I would want to pay for a 6-day cruise. Also, any feedback from someone who has done a TA in an inside cabin would be appreciated.

Hello. Has anyone got a photo of the QM2 inside cabins? Thinking about a TA one day and the inside cabins are priced at what I would want to pay for a 6-day cruise.

Hi

There are pictures of an inside cabin via the link below, look under "QM2 cruise 2007". For pictures of the interiors of QM2 (and views of the exterior on a TA) look under "QM2 Translatlantic 2006".

Hope this helps, have a great time and tell us all about it.

I have done TAs in a balcony cabin and an inside cabin, I feel they were very similar in size except the balcony was additional space. We slept well inside as it was dark and we slept well with the balcony because of the fresh air. If money were no object, I would choose the balcony but the inside cabin is absolutely ok and not at all oppressive or claustrophobic. It is quite nice to sit on the balcony but there is a large deck area if you don't have the luxury of your own space. I am booked on 2 more TAs and 1 is inside and the other a balcony. That balcony was a real deal. I hope that this helps.

We did a TA in an inside cabin in 2005. We were hardly in the cabin at all so happily booked another inside cabin for May this year for a 17 night back to back TA with the Memorial Day Cruise in the middle. Again we were hardly in the cabin.... there was too much to do elsewhere.

If we do another TA - it will be in an inside cabin.

When we do a World Cruise we will get a cabin with a balcony.:p

(Until then, we'll stay inside...)

221481118_D6bed.jpg.066885a06f91b206c5fe1962c4ef8420.jpg

620204878_D6doorway.jpg.85e7d3337c632023a80c817a83844345.jpg

Thank you for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. The pictures were great, the rooms look nice and not cramped. I'm thinking of doing a Baltics cruise out of Harwich for my next Europe cruise is a couple of years (I know, serious advanced planning/dreaming right here!). For that cruise, I would likely do a balcony or oceanview cabin. But instead of an expensive flight back across the Atlantic, I'm looking into a QM2 TA. By saving the money I would have spent on the flight and booking an inside cabin, I can experience all that is a classic Cunard Crossing!!

I'm going to be visiting family in northern England in between the Baltics cruise and the QM2 TA, so it doesn't really matter to me whether the cruise debarks from Harwich or Southampton. I think I actually prefer Harwich because I'm planning to visit Amsterdam pre-cruise, and I can take a convenient overnight ferry from Holland to Harwich, which enables me to avoid an extra flight (and avoid the hassles of the extra fees for luggage). Plus the Harwich cruise is on my favorite line, Royal Caribbean.

My partner and I have done two TA's with an inside cabin and we loved it- the dark makes it really easy to sleep and we actually felt that when we went through stormy weather that the rocking and lack of horizon helped us get through it! We have since had an obstructed view balcony on another cruise but the light does get in through the curtains and we didnt sleep as well. The room is a bit larger with the balcony but overally we wouldnt hesitate in recommending the inside cabins- they are lovely and cosy for a couple!

Archived