Changing Cabins after Assigned

Bases5

My parents bought a suite guarantee. They got there cabin assignment today and its is as far forward as they can be, I was wondering if any one who has booked a guarantee has had any luck getting them to reassign to a different cabin. I was just hoping for one a little closer to the elevators. I know they booked a guarantee and should be happy with where they are, But I was asking if anyone has had any luck

On a second note. For those debating between booking with Carnival and a TA, Well I wish I had booked with Carnival as I have had a call in to my TA all day. I would think with carnival I could get a answer right away. I hate waiting when I'm ready to do something.

My parents bought a suite guarantee. They got there cabin assignment today and its is as far forward as they can be, I was wondering if any one who has booked a guarantee has had any luck getting them to reassign to a different cabin. I was just hoping for one a little closer to the elevators. I know they booked a guarantee and should be happy with where they are, But I was asking if anyone has had any luck

On a second note. For those debating between booking with Carnival and a TA, Well I wish I had booked with Carnival as I have had a call in to my TA all day. I would think with carnival I could get a answer right away. I hate waiting when I'm ready to do something.

They can change rooms but will have to pay any difference between what catergory they want vs. the gaurantee price, and any difference in fuel surcharge.

Have you looked online to see if there are any suites in the same cat your parents were assigned. Sometimes if you say, can I move from this cabin to that cabin in the same cat you might have some luck.

Since as you know with a guarantee, your parents agreed to accept any cabin they were assigned, they dont have to move them, but sometimes you can pick out a cabin and they will do it. Did they get a 11 or a 12?? Find a empty cabin in that category and talk to the TA who in turn can talk to Carnival.

Thanks I know they don't have to. My parents don't even know its been assinged yet. This is on me.

They are not trying to upgrade, They booked a cat 11 and got a cat 11. They are getting up there in years and I was hoping to have them move in a Cat 11 closer to the elevators. I looked at a few booking engines and there are plenty cat 11 closer to the elevators. But since they booked a guarantee is it possible to be moved?

Thanks I know they don't have to. My parents don't even know its been assinged yet. This is on me.

They are not trying to upgrade, They booked a cat 11 and got a cat 11. They are getting up there in years and I was hoping to have them move in a Cat 11 closer to the elevators. I looked at a few booking engines and there are plenty cat 11 closer to the elevators. But since they booked a guarantee is it possible to be moved?

I just answered above, that yes, Iv seen cases where the person was allowed to move to a cabin of the same category. Might take some pushing, but yes, its been done. So, as I said above, yes its possible, just not a guaranteed thing. It also depends on your TA how willing they are to handle this. The fact you cant even get them to return your phone call it doesnt sound good.

I just answered above, The fact you cant even get them to return your phone call it doesnt sound good.

Sorry we must have been posting at the same time.

Grrrr I will not book with a online agency again!!!!

Live and learn

Learn something new everyday. I didn't realize there were Suite guarantees since there are so few suites. Was there a big price difference, because they maybe should have just booked a specific suite that was close to elevators if that what was really needed. Hope it works out for them.

Learn something new everyday. I didn't realize there were Suite guarantees since there are so few suites. Was there a big price difference, because they maybe should have just booked a specific suite that was close to elevators if that what was really needed. Hope it works out for them.

For them it was $75 pp cheaper plus a chance for a cat 12

IMO, the most important thing to where I want my Stateroom is, not under a nightclub or over one. I am sure a lot of posters will say not to be in the front, not in the back (which I love) but the middle. I think it is best to be between two decks that have Staterooms. Of course that is not where I am on this next curise. But. I am not going to worry about it.

We had a PVP, got rid of her and went with a TA and I love her. She would never answer my phone calls, never even bother to respond to my emails.

It can't hurt to ask. I booked a 1A guarantee once and was given a 4A way fwd. I asked my PVP if I could be moved more toward the middle of the ship and she did it, and even got me a 4A, with no extra charge.

That is the thing about booking guarantees. One has to be satisfied where one ends up and never book anything less than what you would be satisfied with. Yes, you can always try to move, but since it was a guarantee, they will probably hold the more desirable suites for someone who pays for that exact suite number, unless they don't sell them right before sailing and then you may be able to switch.

I, personally, always book IS quarantees because I really don't care where I am and don't count on being upgraded. For me, it just gives me some extra spending money.

I did a guarantee some years back and also got the farthest cabin from the elevators. We tried to change, but they didn't have anything in our catagory. If they had, it would have cost us about $300 more per person because the price had increased that much from the time we had booked. We always pick our room now so we know exactly where it is. Good luck!

Yes, the TA can change the cabin as long as there is another cat 11 open.

Like I said, they can do it but its really IF they want to do it. I will be honest and say that some will not move you after you booked the gty cabin. Its more work for them because just you dont like your cabin assignment, which happens VERY often. Im not fussing but if the TA doesnt make the move, you really cant be upset. :o

Hope it works out. I know you want your parents near the elevator so I understand. But, If you have any preferences in the future, stick with choosing your cabin instead of the gty.;)

On our Miracle cruise last month, I hated the cabin assignment we got and I called the PVP at Carnival and she changed it without a problem. I told her I didn't necessarily want to upgrade, just wanted a cabin in the same category somewhere else on the ship (long story LOL). There was another cabin on the same deck available in the same category and she changed it without a fuss. There was no price difference so it wasn't an issue for me.

You shouldn't have a problem but I would call ASAP before what ever is left is taken.

people have reported back that they were moved== they might have to pay the going rate of the cat 11 instead of taking the guarantee rate. But remember that cruisecritic represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

Mostly the answer is no but for you-- it cant hurt to call and ask. you might just have a gem of an agent that could do that for you.

Also remember that not all guarantees are set in stone- they could be moved UP til the sailing date.

Archived