La Romana Still a Port stop?

cruisetobeaches

There is a rumor (?) that la Romana is going to be pulled as a port due to security issues. Anyone been there as of late or heard anything about any problems there?:confused:

I just read this on our ROLL CALL for Oct 26 and was debating on whether or not to post the question. THANK YOU.:D

I too am curious to know if this is just a "RUMOR" or in fact true.

There is a rumor (?) that la Romana is going to be pulled as a port due to security issues. Anyone been there as of late or heard anything about any problems there?:confused:

Where did you hear or read about this? I too would like to know if this a "rumor" or not.

Where did you hear or read about this? I too would like to know if this a "rumor" or not.

Sometimes this place is like a game of telephone. Someone posts on the POC board that they heard the DR is unsafe and wishes the Carnival wouldn't go there. After it gets filtered through a couple of intermediate stops it's Carnival is pulling out of the DR (which they barely go to anyway).

If Carnival pulled out of every Caribbean stop where there was "safety" concerns they would be doing a heck of a lot of CTNs.

there is very little information about the port in the port forum. One other poster had heard that there were problems there and it has been mentioned in some of the roll calls.

I'm not one to get all wound up over rumors, but would like to know if there is any truth to it (FACTS) or just somebody getting scared because someone looked cross eyed at them.

Our concern is that there is a 9 year old in our group.

Sometimes this place is like a game of telephone. Someone posts on the POC board that they heard the DR is unsafe and wishes the Carnival wouldn't go there. After it gets filtered through a couple of intermediate stops it's Carnival is pulling out of the DR (which they barely go to anyway).

Does seem a little odd (to us) that the Splendor would be choosing that as a port since it evidently is not a popular spot. I am certainly open to seeing new ports and places, but this one is hard to get excited about, especially since there is so little feedback on it in the ports threads.

Not scared, but cautious:D

Archived