Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

smitty1711

I have been trying to email Cosol all day but not having any luck. Does anyone know if maybe there is a loss of capabilities due to weather problems, or some other reason? After repeated tries all it get is "no such email address".:confused:

Randy

I have been in touch with him via email with no problems. Double check his email address.

We just did Cosul's tour on 9/3/08 and he was absolutely wonderful!! I could not believe everything we got on that tour for the price of $55 per person. It was the best tour we have ever had! Our tour was actually longer than 6 hours. I believe ours lasted 7 or 7 1/2 hours so I would not book a 4:00 appointment back at the ship if I were you. I am sure every tour is different (length wise) but just to be safe I would shoot for a 5:00 appointment. There are also some shops right off the ship that you may also want to check out before you go back on the ship.

Michelle

Did you not find this tour a bit too long? Our ship is only in port from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Perhaps that tour is too long for us as we don't like to cut it too close.

Did you not find this tour a bit too long? Our ship is only in port from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Perhaps that tour is too long for us as we don't like to cut it too close.

Fuzzy,

Thanks, I had the right email address, it just was not being recognized. It finally did go through yesterday and we are now in touch with him.

Something must be different, our ship is scheduled to be in port from 9:00 Am until 6:00 PM and his tour is scheduled to be 51/2 to 6 hours long. Maybe he changes the tours to fit different schedules.

Randy

Fuzzy,

Thanks, I had the right email address, it just was not being recognized. It finally did go through yesterday and we are now in touch with him.

Something must be different, our ship is scheduled to be in port from 9:00 Am until 6:00 PM and his tour is scheduled to be 51/2 to 6 hours long. Maybe he changes the tours to fit different schedules.

Randy

What ship are you on? We are sailing on the Maasdam and apparently we leave early because we sail down to Soufriere to pick up people from the catamaran excursion. I'm also debating on taking that excursion or taking a land excursion with Cosol. hmmmm. decisions, decisions. I'm going to ask if anyone has ever taken the catamaran trip from Castries to Sourfriere. That sounds awesome too.

What ship are you on? We are sailing on the Maasdam and apparently we leave early because we sail down to Soufriere to pick up people from the catamaran excursion. I'm also debating on taking that excursion or taking a land excursion with Cosol. hmmmm. decisions, decisions. I'm going to ask if anyone has ever taken the catamaran trip from Castries to Sourfriere. That sounds awesome too.

We will be on the Royal Princess and will be in St. Lucia on Dec. 13th.

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed on the Maasdam in April 2007. I toured with Cosol at the time. His tour was so wonderful. The only bad part was we were there on Easter Sunday so there were some things that wasn't open.

Cosol knows what time the ship is due out of port and he had us back in time to do some last minute shopping in the pier area.

Yes, the Maasdam picks up about two ship tours from Sourfriere. When I got back to the ship, took a quick nap and was on deck to take pictures.

I love my tour with Cosol so much that I book my tour with him again this year and can't wait to have a great time!!

Watch out for that rum punch!! :D :D

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM

10/24/08-11/07/08

• 2 weeks later...
I sailed on the Maasdam in April 2007. I toured with Cosol at the time. His tour was so wonderful. The only bad part was we were there on Easter Sunday so there were some things that wasn't open.

Cosol knows what time the ship is due out of port and he had us back in time to do some last minute shopping in the pier area.

Yes, the Maasdam picks up about two ship tours from Sourfriere. When I got back to the ship, took a quick nap and was on deck to take pictures.

I love my tour with Cosol so much that I book my tour with him again this year and can't wait to have a great time!!

Watch out for that rum punch!! :D :D

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM

10/24/08-11/07/08

Just booked Cosol for our January cruise. So hopefully this was a wise choice. I haven't heard anything negative about his tours. I am so excited to be seeing St. Lucia. It will be a teaser though.

Toured with Cosol in Jan this year and really enjoyed his tour. My only complaint was no shopping time at all, well we did have about 15 minutes.

OH NO!!! :eek: I must have shopping at every port!!!

I've been to many, many Caribbean islands and, without a doubt, Cosol's tour was the best. We went with his brother, Yellowbird, in the van right behind Cosol. We had our two girls with us - Cosol and Yellowbird were so sweet to them. Their tour was fun, comprehensive and they really made you feel like a guest on their INCREDIBLE island (St. Lucia is unbelievably gorgous).

You can not go wrong with Cosol.

Cosol's tour is wonderful. We did it in July. We didn't stop for shopping during the tour, but I'm not a big shopper, so I didn't mind. There were several shops near the ship pier, and we had plenty of time to shop once we got back from the tour. DH got my birthday present (opal earrings) while we were there.

Hi all. Just wanted to make sure that everyone had the same response and experience booking with COSOL tours.

I simply emailed him, told him when we were arriving, how many people were going to be arriving, and confirmed the price. He simply replied back saying that yes, he could take us and that the fee would be collected at the end of the tour. He asked that I reply back to confirm once more which I did and that was it.

Does that mesh with what others have experienced?

Hi all. Just wanted to make sure that everyone had the same response and experience booking with COSOL tours.

I simply emailed him, told him when we were arriving, how many people were going to be arriving, and confirmed the price. He simply replied back saying that yes, he could take us and that the fee would be collected at the end of the tour. He asked that I reply back to confirm once more which I did and that was it.

Does that mesh with what others have experienced?

We went in October and Cosol was great. You will see most of the island and learn all about the island.

Cosol will meet you at the pier. That will begin a great day of St. Lucia. He meet us at 8:15 on the pier and we didn't get back til 3 o'clock. THere were 8 people in our van and we had a great time. If you get Cosol as a driver ask him if Tuesday is Monday yet?

You will have a great time.

On his website it looks like mini vans that sits 7 comfortable but we requested that our group of 15 stay together and he said No problem, but now we have 16 going and I need to email him again for our Dec 08 cruise. :o

I believe that it is only by bus. Check out his web site... www.cosoltours.com

On his website it looks like mini vans that sits 7 comfortable but we requested that our group of 15 stay together and he said No problem, but now we have 16 going and I need to email him again for our Dec 08 cruise. :o

I just returned from my cruise and there was 16 people on our tour. While his van holds 16, Cosol used two vans to ensure that everyone had enought space. We had both Cosol and Yellowbird that day.

There were also several that were repeat cruisers and that tells you something about a tour guide!!

Has anyone from Carnival Miracle Ship done this tour? It says we are in port 9am - 5pm. Would we need to be concerned about getting back to the ship on time? I see this tour runs anywhere from 5 to 7 hours.

He will customize your tour to ensure that you are back in plenty of time. If you send him a note with your request, he will get back to you. We were on the Miracle last year and did his tour.

Has anyone from Carnival Miracle Ship done this tour? It says we are in port 9am - 5pm. Would we need to be concerned about getting back to the ship on time? I see this tour runs anywhere from 5 to 7 hours.

I was on the Maasdam and we had to be back on board by 2:30 p.m. He had us back in port before 2 p.m.. He adjust the tours to the ship's schedule so this is no worry

LOL, so good to know I'm not the only one. I e-mailed him and asked him if there would be time for shopping and he said there would. Maybe I need to be more specific; more than 15 minutes. :D

P.S. Of course my husband will appreciate the lack of time for me to shop. ;)

Along the way when you stop at certain overlook areas for pictures there are local vendors conveniently waiting for you!!

We took the tour this past January. I was impressed by the fact that the few local vendors at the stops were not pushy at all. You have to approach them! That was a refreshing change from vendors on most of the other islands. :cool:

I think Cosol has them educated to the fact that they can and do sell more wares by not being pushy or competitive. Cosol's guests can enjoy the views and the experiences at the stops without constant hassles, instead of having to scramble into the vans to avoid the onslaught of pushy vendors. This was a major factor for us, in deciding to do the Cosol tour again next January.

You can't go wrong with a Cosol tour.

Eric (soon to be repeat Cosol customer!)

We sailed on the Emerald Princess last week. Took Cosol Tours. FANTASTIC. He does everything he says he will do and more. I have sailed on 39 cruises and his tour was right up there at the top of my list. He has 7 vans. All very clean and comfortable. He does not crowd you into a van. We had twelve in our van. We had the back seat. There are 4 single seats along the left side of the van and then a two seater. The back seat holds 3 easily. We were on the first van which was Cosol's van. What a delightful person. The vans all travel in somewhat of a convoy so if one gets into trouble the other is there to help. Don't worry about the vans they are better than some the ships use.

As for times. Our tour was supposed to be for 6 to 7 hours. We met Cosol at 0830 sharp and were back on the pier at 2 PM. Most of your good shopping will be when you get back to the pier. There are loads of places to shop in and around the pier and anything you buy along the way is just trinkets.

You don't want to eat a large breakfast before the tour, because along the way Cosol provides you with all kinds of local delicacies. You won't go hungry. Everything is fresh and quite interesting. Lots of water, rum punch, local beer, and Coca Cola.

All entrance fees for parks are paid for by Cosol. Cosol does not take your money until the end of the tour. $55.00 per person. What a bargin.

Sorry for such a long winded review, but I just had to let everyone know that as of 6 November 2008 Coscol is still delivering a FANTASTIC tour.

Ron

Archived