Mistake on excursion price

I just visited the "my cruise" section on RCCL.com to see if they had excursions available for my 10/26 sailing on Freedom. They had waverunners listed at Labadee for $29 a person for one hour. I think they are usually $69 or $89 per person. I went a head and book four at that price. Do you think it was an error on the website or some kind of special? I prepaid so do you think RCCL will honor the price? I hope so because there is no way I would pay $89 for one hour on a waverunner.

I'm thinking that the mistake is probably yours. The waverunners have a per person price for drivers and a per person price for the 2nd passenger. You probably booked the secondary person and not the primary person. If you have 4 people going and want to put 2 people on each wave runner than you need to book two people as the drivers and 2 people as the passengers.

If I was you I would look again at the excursion list.

They have 2 different prices for waverunners...

$89 is for a driver

$29 is for a passenger (ie 2nd rider holding onto driver)

Under the $29 excursion it says that you must book a driver first in order to then book a passenger as well.

So...you should go back and fix this or call shore excursions...since you have booked 4 passengers and no drivers...and I think they will charge you the difference if you are expecting to be drivers.

I think you may have booked everyone as a passenger which is less money and no one is booked as a driver. Now you may be able to do this if you don't mind riding with strangers;)

That won't be possible as the people that booked as a single passenger wave runner have paid to be a single driver. Each person booked as a driver gets their own wave runner UNLESS someone in their own party has paid to be their secondary passenger.

Yep...that is exactly what I did...duh! I guess I got so excited that I thought I was getting a good deal that my brain stopped working for a minute. Now a days good deals come few and far between so I was really excited that I found one. Oh well, I guess it will be beach day afterall.

Thanks for the heads up.

Archived