Carnival to make "a major cruise industry announcement." in Mobile 8/18

CruiseCentric

Fantasy is staying in New Orleans. Triumph will move to New Orleans to do 7 day cruises in Nov 09.

I will guess Holiday is being moved from Mobile in the Spring. Looking at the press release, Mobile is trying to minimize the time it will be without a ship before Sensation moves in.

Whatever the Holiday replacement is will continue to do the same cruises Holiday did.

Well, not to put a damper on all you Triumph lovers but when I was on my last cruise in July, a little bird (working for Carnival) told me that Sensation will be going to NOLA when Fantasy goes into dry dock. The Triumph is going up to N.Y.. The sad (in my opinion) thing he told me was that Fantasy would not go back to NOLA but I find that hard to believe with the Bloggers Cruise already booked for next February. He was very sure though that the Sensation was going to be going to NOLA.

About a year ago someone at Carnival stated to a reporter in Mobile that they had some "sensational" plans for Mobile. Just a coincidence, or a slip of the tongue? I guess we'll know on Monday.

More fuel for Sensation...she is going into drydock for 35 days in Jan. That would be pretty good timing to let her just stay in Mobile;)

Time will tell.

It's no secret that Triumph is doing a few cruises from New York next year before moving to Norfolk for a few and then Charleston for a cruise in Nov 09.

Then it will repo to New Orleans :D

Fantasy will remain in New Orleans.

So said a Carnival Big Bird. ;)

More fuel for Sensation...she is going into drydock for 35 days in Jan. That would be pretty good timing to let her just stay in Mobile;)

Time will tell.

That would be timed just about right for Holiday to leave in the spring to go into drydock for a couple months and then be ready to sail for Ibero cruise. They've already let the cat out of the bag with the release of their time table. Can't remember the exact dates they stated but it will be late spring when Holiday comes out of the shipyard and sails for them as Grand Holiday.

That would be timed just about right for Holiday to leave in the spring to go into drydock for a couple months and then be ready to sail for Ibero cruise. They've already let the cat out of the bag with the release of their time table. Can't remember the exact dates they stated but it will be late spring when Holiday comes out of the shipyard and sails for them as Grand Holiday.

The Grand Holiday is to start sailing June 2009.

My money is on the Sensation to go to Mobile. Again Carnival please order the ship pins before she gets there.

Dave

Ok I'm all kind of confused.. So is the Sensation or the Fantasy taken the Holiday's place in Mobile?? And when is it going to happen?? I'm going out of that port in Febuary. And if they do change the ship that would be GREAT.....

Ok I'm all kind of confused.. So is the Sensation or the Fantasy taken the Holiday's place in Mobile?? And when is it going to happen?? I'm going out of that port in Febuary. And if they do change the ship that would be GREAT.....

Holiday will still be in Mobile in February.

Most of us are guessing Sensation. The official word will come from Carnival on Monday.

Most of us are guessing Sensation. The official word will come from Carnival on Monday.

The news article states that the announcement will be made in Mobile aboard the Fantasy. It seems a little curious that they would do it ON the Fantasy, unless it somehow involves the Fantasy. And then again it could just be that the Fantasy happens to be in port that day and it conveniently worked out that way. Tommorrow will tell.

The news article states that the announcement will be made in Mobile aboard the Fantasy. It seems a little curious that they would do it ON the Fantasy, unless it somehow involves the Fantasy. And then again it could just be that the Fantasy happens to be in port that day and it conveniently worked out that way. Tommorrow will tell.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Just seems weird that they would make an announcement about a New Orleans ship on Monday in Mobile, then wait a full day to name its replacement in New Orleans.

I bet we will get a leak in the news before 1:30 Central Time:D

All very interesting speculations. I am eager to hear what new choices we will have from both Mobile and New Orleans. I also wonder if Port Canaveral is going to have any affordable choices after all these changes. I am really missing their Grand Turk/Half Moon cruise choice and would love to see some changes happen there also.

monday will tell the tale of what ship or ships will be in mobile.:)

ncl pearl 2/2008

grand princess 11/07

carnival holiday 9/06:)

grand princess 2/06

Just a tip..You can go into "USER CP" and add your previous cruises to your signature. That way you dont have to insert them each time you make a post.

The word I'm hearing from my PVP is that Fantasy will indeed move to Mobile, offering 4 and 5 day cruises, and Triumph will move to New Orleans, offering 4, 5 & 7 day cruises. Apparently NO is still going to have only one ship.

What will replace Fantasy in NOLA doing 4/5 days?

I have booked Fantasy on Dec 3, 2009 and I dont want to drive to Mobile. I have my fingers crossed. Its a non changeable, non cancellable booking thru a auction site, paid in full and I paid for insurance.

Ill be listening with abated breath to the announcement. I hope they put another ship other than Fantasy in Mobile.

The word I'm hearing from my PVP is that Fantasy will indeed move to Mobile, offering 4 and 5 day cruises, and Triumph will move to New Orleans, offering 4, 5 & 7 day cruises. Apparently NO is still going to have only one ship.

This could work. :)

I would love to have a newer ship come to to Mobile. That is the closest port for me to drive to.

Me too. I like the Holiday, but I like Fantasy class just as well, and the larger the ship the better the chance of picking up last minute deals.;) Three times is enough on one ship, so I am ready to let Holiday go. And from what I read on the threads, it seems most younger cruisers do not want a ship without an atrium, and more than a few demand some other new innovations that Holiday does not have.

If I want to see the old girl badly enough, I can fly to Italy and pay 200 smackers a night. Fat chance:D

Me too. I like the Holiday, but I like Fantasy class just as well, and the larger the ship the better the chance of picking up last minute deals.;) Three times is enough on one ship, so I am ready to let Holiday go. And from what I read on the threads, it seems most younger cruisers do not want a ship without an atrium, and more than a few demand some other new innovations that Holiday does not have.

If I want to see the old girl badly enough, I can fly to Italy and pay 200 smackers a night. Fat chance:D

You would need to fly to Spain to sail on Grand Holiday :)

I SERIOUSLY hope your PVP doesn't know what the heck he's talking about.

The part about a ship offering 4,5 &7 Day Itineraries makes it a bit suspect. I cant remember any ship doing that in recent memory.

It could work though. A 7 day cruise followed by a 5 day, then a 4 day followed by another 5 day, then start the rotation over. I kinda like the prospect.

Archived