Confused about when to expect docs.....

countercast

I've read all sorts of various times when docs arrive from months out to hours before the cruise. Is there a 'standard issue date' now that Carnival are trying to streamline some of their admininstration?

We've paid in full and were booked way back in February with BPC for guaranty cabins for this 12/19 cruise.

I'm a bit worried about them being sent out late and getting held up with the holiday mail. Last year (Christmas), our RCI cruise docs didn't arrive at all and although duplicates were waiting at the port, it was a bit worrisome, just what you don't want with your holiday planning!

I got my docs for my 12/16 cruise last week about 58 days out. It seems like they mailed them right after I made final payment, which I paid on the date it was due. When I made that final payment I asked when I could expect the docs and was told 3 weeks prior to sailing.

Katie

Carnival generally mails out the DOCS at least a month prior to sailing. If you booked directly with Carnival, you will receive them quicker than if you booked through a TA (middleman) - in that case it is up to the TA to get them to you.

Tom

I spoke to my PVP last week and reminded him the surprise was to be revealed on Christmas morn. He told me everything is noted and he was requesting docs be mailed early. Just call your PVP if you havnt received them yet.

Archived