"Circle Antigua By Sea With Lunch"

OCruisers

That's a good thread ... thanks!

BUT, BUT, BUT ....

I should have stated my question better.

I'm looking for information from someone who has taken the "Circle Antigua By Sea with Lunch" offered by Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a Princess tour? We did this as a Princess Cruise tour last year. It was by far the best excursion we have done in many years of cruising! First class for sure! It was so cool...we cruised around the entire island and they played different music for different parts of the cruise. The lunch was very nice and they even had wine with lunch. (and real plates, not paper plates).:)

For us, it was a very wonderful day.

Janet

every cruise sells a tour with a name that they make up trying to make it appear as though it is unique to them. I could help if I knew if it was a power catamaran or a sailing catamaran or better yet which company ran the tour. Wadadli Cats, Tropical Adventures, Adventure Antigua, Treasure Island......

every cruise sells a tour with a name that they make up trying to make it appear as though it is unique to them. I could help if I knew if it was a power catamaran or a sailing catamaran or better yet which company ran the tour. Wadadli Cats, Tropical Adventures, Adventure Antigua, Treasure Island......

I am looking for a reputaubel company for 2010...we want to sail around island as well...right now our budget is 600.00 for three people...we would atually like to hire cat...just for us.:p Musis, lunch, drinks, lots of fun in the sun..YIppeeeee

• 4 months later...

Did this tour with Princess Jan 2009. LOVED IT. Very informative, got to see house of several celebrities including Oprah, Eric Clapton and several others.

Trip did get bumpy for 20 minutes while we traveled through the Atlantic, but the crew did warn everyone and the boat handled it very well. We passed several smaller boats during this part of the trip and the people looked miserable.

There was a stop for about 3 hours at a beach. Very yummy lunch of barbequed chicken or fish, salad, rice, pasta salad was served on board about half way through the beach stop.

The crew served all you can drink rum punch, coconut rum and pineapple juice, beer, red/white wine throughout the trip. The guide was very amusing. Little warning for those with kids - the entertainment combined with lots of liquor made the entertainment and passengers PG-13. Nothing offensive for most, but parents may want to consider this.

This tour is accessible to those with physical impairments, but not wheelchair accessible. There was an older couple onboard that had difficulties walking and never left the boat. The crew was great, they brought them drinks, lunch, sat with and talked with them while most people were on shore. The bathrooms onboard are down a steep staircase and the crew helped these passengers without a moments hesitation.

This was by far the best tour that we have taken in the Caribbean and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Should also mention for those of us that are sun sensative that there is covering on this boat, where there was not on most of the others that we saw and that although the tour says to meet at a particular time, you can get off the ship and walk right to the boat if you want to stake out a good seat.

Took this tour last week and were glad we did it. That being said I wouldn't take it again. It was good to see the complete island from the sea but the boat was crowded and the beach at Green Island is small. Bring water shoes and you can head a little over from the crowds to a more secluded part of the beach. Part of the ride was very rough and one person became a little sick. Take your Med's. This was the tour on the Excellence, RCI numbers it AN66.

On our first visit to Antigua my DH and I did this tour in 2007 booked on our own and loved it! Antigua's coastline is so very beautiful. The catamaran is huge, crew was great and so was the food. Green Island is beautiful with great snorkeling.

On our 2008 cruise stop in Antigua we decided to tour the island itself and were so glad we did that. The history and its people are not to be missed! Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights are beautiful.

I am returning to Antigua in March with my sister from Holland, her first visit, and am contemplating snorkeling and beach time or island/beach time or Eli's Ecotour. Just have not decided yet.

So many things to do..it also depends on what YOU are looking for.

The tour we looked at seemed to pick up and drop off people along the way. Does it actually do that? Does this take away from the sail around the island? How much snorkeling time do you get at Green Island?

sorry for all the questions...usually the best way to know is ask someone who has done it? We were looking at the Wadadli Cats tour.

thx a bunch

The tour we looked at seemed to pick up and drop off people along the way. Does it actually do that? Does this take away from the sail around the island? How much snorkeling time do you get at Green Island?

sorry for all the questions...usually the best way to know is ask someone who has done it? We were looking at the Wadadli Cats tour.

thx a bunch

Our Catamaran was called The Excellence and we stopped at one spot to pick up a couple and it took may be 5 minutes. We spent 2 hours or so at Green Island. We loved the whole day. Crew was great and we had a real nice bunch of people on the Catamaran and it was not overbooked either and we had responsible drinkers, so not out of control folks. Lunch was excellent and served on real plates and we had wine, rum punch and soda's etc. etc.

The views from the catamaran were to die for and I was jealous I did not get to step on one of the 365 beaches Antigua is known for, so this time on our March sailing I am going on a land and beach/snorkel tour Ha!

Oh BTW you can book this tour on your own. Through Princess is costs $119+ and if you book yourself it would be $100. At least that is what I found out on the day we are in port. I am going to try to find the web-site for you.

http://www.tropicalad.com

• 2 months later...

Oh BTW you can book this tour on your own. Through Princess is costs $119+ and if you book yourself it would be $100. At least that is what I found out on the day we are in port. I am going to try to find the web-site for you.

www.tropicalad.com

Thank you for posting this! We are on the Caribbean Princess in May, and are interested in the Circle Antigua tour. Is this the same one?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sox,

We walked off our ship and onto the catamaran that was tied up close to our ship. The excursion returned late in the afternoon-only had a short amount of time to walk around the shops and stalls selling souvenirs near the ship. Don't remember what they were serving to drink-probably rum punch and various other things. I do remember the lunch-they had a grill on board and you could choose either grilled fish or chicken-we had the fish and it was very good. Enjoy!!

• 4 weeks later...

We just went on this trip on our cruise May 3-10, 2009 and it was by far the best excursion we went on this whole trip. I loved Antigua and it was so beautiful especially at the private beach they took us too for swimming and snorkeling. There is sea grass there and I dont like to feel that stuff on my feet so I wore my water shoes but it was wonderful and the boat is really nice and I loved the bow nets that was an experience in itself. :D

We just did the version of this trip through Carnival, also on the Excellence boat. It was wonderful as everyone else said. Green Island has a very small beach, but it's fairly nice. The snorkeling is nothing substantial, so do not presume this is a snorkeling trip of any value. You're better off enjoying the beach. The food was great, and the drinks were INCREDIBLY STRONG. I had spent two prior days drinking rum punch and being fine, but this stuff hit me so hard I *do not have any memory of leaving the boat and getting on the cruise ship!* So depending on your point of view, it's spectacular. :cool: (And for the record, I know they also had pineapple juice & rum as well.)

The only downside is once you've circumnavigated the island, you realize it pretty much looks the same the whole time, and you want to go to those beaches. It's a great trip, but if I go back I'd go to a beach. And yes, our boat picked up some people at Sandals on the way there, and before going back, but it only took a couple minutes, and honestly it provided some of the best views of their beach and the beautiful water. Great trip, just be aware of what it is you are going to be seeing.

I did the excursion when I sailed on the Carnival Destiny in Sept. of 2007 and loved it. The scenery is beautiful and the water wonderful. You sail around the entire island. The crew was very attentive. The catamaran stopped at a secluded beach area for the snorkeling. The crew prepared lunch while we snorkeled. We also stopped at another beach for some swim time. We also sailed into the Nelson's Dock area. I would highly recommend it.

thx a bunch

Wadadli Cats? I advise against. They make one stop at Green Island for an hour, of which maybe a half hour is spent snorkeling or on the beach. Lunch is also provided. Not a BBQ but it was OK. After that, your stuck on the catamaran for the rest of the trip. No other stops. Not worth the money. We saw the Excellence at Green Island and it looked really nice.

Keep in mind ,this is just my opinion.

We did this excursion last week on The Excellence. Absolutely wonderful! The trip was great, and was only exceeded by the crew. They were fabulous! Lunch was a choice of bbq'd chicken or fish - great! Stopped at 2 beaches. It was the best day of our entire cruise. Well worth it!

Archived