Independence in 2009

Hi -

I was just looking ast the Independence for July 2009 and there seems to be very limited avaiablility. The RC site claims there are no quad rooms however other online sites have them available....does this mean that RC is not marketing it to North America or ???? I am a bit confused....does anyone know what is going on? Thanks in advance

Hi -

I was just looking ast the Independence for July 2009 and there seems to be very limited avaiablility. The RC site claims there are no quad rooms however other online sites have them available....does this mean that RC is not marketing it to North America or ???? I am a bit confused....does anyone know what is going on? Thanks in advance

As you are probably aware the end of July and August here in the UK is school holiday time, so quad cabins do go very quick indeed, so doesnt surprise me that RC are not showing them available.

Some TA's do a geoup booking and take so many of each cabin grade and sell them, so what you are seeing as available are probably what that particular agent has left of there group booking.

Hope that makes sense and you get what you want :D :D

James

Quads are hard to come by on a good day. Several months ago I booked the Independence for April 2009 and finding a quad was very hard, if you wanted something other than deck 3 or 2. Now there are only those decks available, and the cruise is still over 7 months away. I got lucky by chatting in my roll call - someone was giving up an aft cabin deck 10 so I was able to switch cabins. Good luck!

It is peak holiday season here in the UK, it is a time when there will be the higest level of early sales.

If they have been sold in the UK there is also unlikey to be an increased availabilty when the final payment is due, we do not get the abilty to cancel with no loss up until that date, so we are used to only putting a deposit down when we are sure that is what we want. If we cancel we will loss at least the desposit.

Yes, this is correct - all sold out of 3/4 berth rooms on the Jul 4, Jul 18, Aug 1 and Aug 15 sailings already!! Expect availability when the final payment is due!

This is true. I called back in June for a IOS August 2009 cruise. I too need a quad and my TA told me

quads all sold out! So I had to push it back to Sept. 2009. Oh well as long as I am going I'm happy.:D :D :D

http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg3bOW7Vy1YgMwrAiM

Be warned - during July/August it will be full of families! Maybe that suits you - for us teachers it was just too many kids!! No disrespect, we have kids but been there, done that - so nect time we will be cruising outside of school hols!!!:D

Sue:)

I booked a 4 berth cabin for 4 July 09,at the end of June 08,and I was only given a choice of deck 2 or 3! I booked deck 3,but I would have preferred a higher deck.I check prices and availability often,and I noticed there was no quads left and the price has shot up! I'm from Scotland,and our kids stop school on the 26th June.

Archived