Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

2670581390103423846S425x425Q85.jpg

This was our obstructed view on the Emerald Princess. I believe our cabin was E415. The view was nice. There was crew foot traffic going past the window early each morning. We could hear their footsteps on the stairs too.

We had a "fully obstructed" oceanview room on the Sapphire Princess a few years ago. Here are some pictures I took to help illustrate what you may get. We were in room E315 (which you can see labeled on one of the pictures).

The view out of our window. We had plenty of natural light, and could see out over the small lifeboat.

obstrview.jpg

A close up shot of staterooms E315 and E311, behind one of the smaller life boats. These are both "fully obstructed rooms." All the way at the far left of the picture, you can kind of see the window for E317. And to the far right, you can see E307.

Obstructedviewsmallboatcopy.jpg

A close up shot of the Obstructed View rooms with the large tenders. You can see the window for E611 off to the left (right above where it says "E611" in yellow).

obstructedviewlargeboatcopy.jpg

We cruise every 18-24 months as we would prefer the luxury of a balcony stateroom. I think I would rather wait & save.

Good for you...

Not sure why this belongs in this thread, considering there are plenty of other threads on CC about whether balconies are "worth it". This is for people that feel that an obstructed view room may be worth it to cruise more often (since cruising to them is likely about much, much more than a 3 foot by 5 foot balcony, or being able to look out a window - since all of the other amenities and activities are the same, so they likely feel it's pointless to pay hundreds more?). This thread is for people wanting to get a better feel for what obstructed view rooms look like. Not balconies. =)

Good for you...

Not sure why this belongs in this thread, considering there are plenty of other threads on CC about whether balconies are "worth it". This is for people that feel that an obstructed view room may be worth it to cruise more often (since cruising to them is likely about much, much more than a 3 foot by 5 foot balcony, or being able to look out a window - since all of the other amenities and activities are the same, so they likely feel it's pointless to pay hundreds more?). This thread is for people wanting to get a better feel for what obstructed view rooms look like. Not balconies. =)

Sorry if I have upset you! I was merely sharing a photo of what I felt to be worth saving for. There is no need to be defensive. I am sure cabins of all shapes & sizes suit all the different types of people in this world. Each to their own I say.

Good for you...

AMEN! We like to take 2 or 3 cruises a year and would never be able to afford it if we opted for balcony. But to each his own:)

Sorry if I have upset you! I was merely sharing a photo of what I felt to be worth saving for. There is no need to be defensive. I am sure cabins of all shapes & sizes suit all the different types of people in this world. Each to their own I say.

My issue is that you posted that picture in a thread where it clearly did not belong and was completely off subject. The title of this thread clearly stated that the thread was about obstructed view rooms. And had you bothered to read any of the thread, you would have realized that nobody was talking about anything BUT obstructed view cabins. Making your picture of a balcony cabin completely pointless in this thread. And perhaps a little condescending.

Thanks for all the great pictures......we've decided to go this category on Star in October. We got E-608, now, looking at the deck plan 606 appears to be right between tenders, ours looks like it's just in front of the bow curve. Just hoping we get some light?

will be sure to take lots of pictures, a good thread, thanks.

Chuck

We booked E414 on the Golden and was wondering if the extra over an inside was worth it. If it were $1000 more, I would definitely go inside near a close exit to an outside deck, but since the price was only $150 more for the obstructed view, think we will stick with what we have. Thanks to all for the photos. These were most helpful in making our decision (our decision to not drive the TA nuts!)

We got an oceanview obstructed guarantee on the Star and have been assigned cabin E-227, category F. The layout shows a lifeboat right in front of us. Anyone have experience with this cabin? Should we call it sky-glimpse instead of oceanview?

I have been on Emerald deck in a partially obstructed view. I think it was the Golden in E425. It was OK. We could see outside over the life boat. The best thing was that it was mid ship and so is the Emerald deck. There were stairs and elevators right near the cabin and one flight down was Promenade deck, my balcony for that cruise. It was fine.

A close up shot of the Obstructed View rooms with the large tenders. You can see the window for E611 off to the left (right above where it says "E611" in yellow).

By chance...do you have a photo from the inside of E611? We are going on the Crown...which is the Sapphire's (in your photo) sister ship. So therefore, I would assume the cabins/deck plans should be the same. We are staying in Cabin #610 on the Crown.

Anyone have photos of #s-610, 611, 612, or even 609 on the Crown Princess. On the deck plans they look like the window is in-between the tenders/life boats.

Thanks!

I know this thread is for un-obstructive- Obstructive View/Priced Cabins...but just in case others search for this thread, I wanted to place a link to our cabin on the Golden last year.

It was totally obstructive, but a very nice cabin size wise anyhow. Click the link below to view a close up of the view from Golden: #E624:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2578846660095430378wCVqqH

The link is not working

I know this thread is for un-obstructive- Obstructive View/Priced Cabins...but just in case others search for this thread, I wanted to place a link to our cabin on the Golden last year.

It was totally obstructive, but a very nice cabin size wise anyhow. Click the link below to view a close up of the view from Golden: #E624:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/257...95430378wCVqqH

Does anyone have an opinion of E311 on the Coral Princess? I've done many searches for pictures, but I haven't come up with anything. We've taken lots of cruises, but this is our first 'non-interior' room. We really only booked it b/c it was the same price as an interior, but we got the extra FFC for booking an 'outside' room. Score on the bargain, but I'd love to see what we're getting so we can be even more excited!!