Scooter rental Greek Isles?

Not yet I haven't, but we have a scooter reserved on Santorini in October. Don't think I'd do it in the summer, but we'll be there close to the end of the season and are also the only ship in port that day (so says port time, at any rate).

I chose Tony's (saw it mentioned on the board) and reserved online. They were very cordial and sent a map to their location. I ordered an 80cc for 18 Euros a day inclusive of tax, insurance, and mileage.

We plan to rent an ATV in Santorini. A fellow Cincinnatian who recently returned from her cruise (also in her mid-50's like us) said it was easy, supposedly safer than a scooter, and held two comfortably. She did not prearrange; was there in July; and said many rental places are located on Fira's main street. She did suggest do get a more powerful one than she did because it labored up some of the hilly terrain. It enabled her to go to many places easily without the problem of car parking.

Hope this helps.

Pam

We plan to rent an ATV in Santorini. A fellow Cincinnatian who recently returned from her cruise (also in her mid-50's like us) said it was easy, supposedly safer than a scooter, and held two comfortably. She did not prearrange; was there in July; and said many rental places are located on Fira's main street. She did suggest do get a more powerful one than she did because it labored up some of the hilly terrain. It enabled her to go to many places easily without the problem of car parking.

Hope this helps.

Pam

Thanks - I never thought of that! Sounds like a better idea then scooters actually and fun as well. Thanks again for the idea!

We did the ATV rental 2 years ago, found Tony's rentals once we got up into Fira, I think it ended up being about $35 for the days rental and we had a lot of fun. Remember to stay as far to the right as you safely can since the cars will be going quite a bit faster than you. They supply helmets too. We drove to Oia, wandered around the town and shopped, then drove down to Amoudi for lunch, then back to Fira.

We did the ATV rental 2 years ago, found Tony's rentals once we got up into Fira, I think it ended up being about $35 for the days rental and we had a lot of fun. Remember to stay as far to the right as you safely can since the cars will be going quite a bit faster than you. They supply helmets too. We drove to Oia, wandered around the town and shopped, then drove down to Amoudi for lunch, then back to Fira.

Great information - could you use a credit card at Tonys? Thanks so much for the suggestions and information!!

We rented two quads last month. The main street will have plenty of rental places from which to choose. We stopped by one that has a Hertz Rental flag outside. We got the midsized ones which had reverse. Total cost for the two was 50E. We did put 5E in gas for each of them. No problems riding double and had no trouble driving the streets. We had a ball that day. We also used a credit card.

I wanted to add that I have read in several guidebooks and on some travel boards that it is important to obtain an international driver's license when renting a car in Greece because you will pay a huge fine if you have "a Problem" and cannot produce one for the Greek police. It costs around $15, and you can purchase one at your local AAA office. It's good for a year from the date you fill in as the date of first use. (We luckily have one more month left on the one we purchased for our trip to France last year, so $15 more to spend on other vacation fun!)

I don't know if the rules are the same for ATV rentals as well as cars, but I thought I should add this information in response to your post.

Only one more week until we leave!

Archived