Can you apply multiple FCCs to a single booking

SC_Sam

I have final payment due on an upcoming cruise. DW and I each have 2 FCCs (total of $400) in our accounts. We already each used 1 to make the reservation.

Can we call Princess and have the other FCCs applied to this booking? Has anyone tried this? If so, do you get the additional OBC?

Thanks.

I have final payment due on an upcoming cruise. DW and I each have 2 FCCs (total of $400) in our accounts. We already each used 1 to make the reservation.

Can we call Princess and have the other FCCs applied to this booking? Has anyone tried this? If so, do you get the additional OBC?

Thanks.

You can apply as many as you would like, but you will only get the onboard credit the same as if you only used one FCC. Sorry!

DW and I each have 2 FCCs (total of $400) in our accounts. We already each used 1 to make the reservation.

You would have been able to make the reservations using one FCC + $100 affitional deposit and you would each get the on board credit. Then you would have had three FCCs available for future use.

Assuming you would want to cruise on Princess again in the next four years, it does not make economic sense to use multiple FCC's for two people on a cruise (in the same cabin) as you would probably purchase new FCCs on board to replace them.

I asked this of our TA a few months ago and was advised that no multipiles of the FCCs could not be used; I of course was trying to max out on the OBCs. However I do believe that it is 1 FCC per person, not per cabin.

It is one FCC per cabin, not per person. You use one and the other person in the cabin pays a $100 deposit too instead of the full deposit.

Thanks.

One of the true values of FCCs is that using one will get OBC for both parties in the cabin. Another is that one FCC (plus $100) will hold any cabin for two.

You only get the OBC of 1 FCC no matter how many you apply, so no, I wouldn't waste them.

Tee

I asked this of our TA a few months ago and was advised that no multipiles of the FCCs could not be used; I of course was trying to max out on the OBCs. However I do believe that it is 1 FCC per person, not per cabin.

Take a look at your FCC paperwork. Each one says that they are good for the first TWO passengers in the stateroom. Therefore, as stated, you can use one, with another $100 placed on your credit card for the second passenger and both will receive the OBC associated with the FCC. :) No sense wasteing them when one is enough for both passengers. ;)

Whenever I go on a cruise I purchase a FCC for myself and one for my wife. When we book a cruise I use them both. I don't have to pay any additonal deposit because it was paid when I bought the FCC. If we go on a 7 day cruise we both get $50.00 OBC for a total of $100.00 So my question is if I only used one of the FCC and paid the additonal $100.00 deposit would we still get $100.00 OBC for a balcony cabin???

Thanks

Dan

Whenever I go on a cruise I purchase a FCC for myself and one for my wife. When we book a cruise I use them both. I don't have to pay any additonal deposit because it was paid when I bought the FCC. If we go on a 7 day cruise we both get $50.00 OBC for a total of $100.00 So my question is if I only used one of the FCC and paid the additonal $100.00 deposit would we still get $100.00 OBC for a balcony cabin???

Thanks

Dan

Yes, even when only using one FCC and paying the second $100 deposit in cash or credit card, you would still BOTH get the onboard credit for the booking just as if you were using 2 FCC's to book. :)

I guess that I have wasted all of those FCC's in the past by using both to book a cruise. I wish my travel agent had told me how it worked. She never said a word.

Thanks

Dan

Dan, believe it or not, I have heard many times where TA's don't realize you can use one FCC for the first two passengers in the stateroom. If you look closely at the paperwork you received when you purchased the FCC, it states clearly (in fine print of coarse) at the bottom that each are good for two two passengers.

You might want to show your TA, or fax a copy of the FCC paperwork to them. Sounds strange I know, but some don't realize that this is possible.

Best of luck and save those extra FCC's for the future, you never know when the deal of a lifetime might come up and you will be FCC-less. ;)

I also did not realize that 1 FCC could be used for 2 people. In fact, 2 years ago I'm pretty sure my TA insisted I had to pay the full deposit for my son as I only had one FCC to use.

I must dig out that paperwork and have it ready next time!

Thanks for the lesson, I have dug out the paper work and there is that small print beside the * at the bottom of the page....I guess we have blown one but it is still a good deal to hold a cabin for 18 mos. with that kind of deposit up. However we will be smarter the next time around.

You would have been able to make the reservations using one FCC + $100 affitional deposit and you would each get the on board credit. Then you would have had three FCCs available for future use.

Assuming you would want to cruise on Princess again in the next four years, it does not make economic sense to use multiple FCC's for two people on a cruise (in the same cabin) as you would probably purchase new FCCs on board to replace them.

What if the 2 people in the cabin are just friends (not married) and each is paying their own way?

My friend and I each had one FCC. We both used ours as our own deposit and got our own OBC. Is there a better way to do it for 2 singles?? If so, please share it! :)

What if the 2 people in the cabin are just friends (not married) and each is paying their own way?

My friend and I each had one FCC. We both used ours as our own deposit and got our own OBC. Is there a better way to do it for 2 singles?? If so, please share it! :)

One FCC (+ one $100 deposit) would have given each of you the OBC. Does not matter if you are related or not.

Of course if you each use one FCC and then each get a new one when on board, that's OK too.

I have another question. We put down $200 on a cruise when Princess had a special for a lower deposit.

We are going to purchase a couple of F.C.C's next week when on the Tahitian Princess. I want to use one to get more OBC for that cruise. Can the $100 be added on to our deposit?

Jennie

I have another question. We put down $200 on a cruise when Princess had a special for a lower deposit.

We are going to purchase a couple of F.C.C's next week when on the Tahitian Princess. I want to use one to get more OBC for that cruise. Can the $100 be added on to our deposit?

Jennie

I don't think you can apply it to an existing booking. But if it's the cruise in 2010 in your signature you are talking about, you can probably just cancel it, and rebook with the FCC for the even cheaper $100 deposit and then get your OBC. I would check cabin availability first though.

Dan,

Thanks for replying so quickly. We booked the last mini suite a couple of weeks ago and at the time our T.A. said that we could apply the F.C.C. for more OBC. I was just wondering about whether the deposit would also be increased. If it is only to give us more OBC, it is hardly worth paying out $100 to receive $150 for the cabin or is it per person.

Jennie

I would think 31 days is $150 per person, but even if it was per cabin, it's still a free $150. The extra hundred you have to put down is only money you will have to pay out at some point anyway, it's not an extra $100 in cost.

Thanks Dan.

You are right in that we will have to pay it sooner or later gratuities or something similar - probably wine!

It is good though that it is per person and therefore worth every penny. I want to buy a couple of F.C.C.'s so that next time when we see a good itinerary, we can book it straight away. I was waiting for our Alaskan cruise to come up before booking and literally "nearly missed the boat".

Jennie

Archived