JUST BOOKED CARNIVAL GLORY For MARCH!!!

teacher2cruiser

I'm really excited. We're doing the Eastern route. I want any and all suggestions of what to do for excursions, and what isn't to be missed on the boat and in the ports. This board has been extremely helpful. By the way, we got the Thursday one day only special yesterday (Monday)! :p

We did the eastern in 2006. In St Thomas we did Magen's Bay. It's very pretty there. We also went to Paradise Point for the view and a Bushwhacker. In St. Martin we went to Little Divi Bay resort - both were Carnival excursions. In Nassau, since we'd been there before and been to Atlantis, we did our own walking tour to Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and back through town by the courthouse, etc. St. Thomas has some great shopping. I got a 3 ct tennis bracelet that appraised back home for more than we paid and DH got a great deal on a digital camera. These are all great shopping ports as well as having great beaches.

Check the ports of call boards for reviews of excursions. We're doing Glory Western in Nov.

So many people seem to have problems with the search function. It works fine for me.

I just got back from the Glory Eastern route. It was an absolutely fantastic trip!!! I'm sure you will have a great time!

For Nassau, I wouldn't bother going to Paradise Island unless you really just want to see Atlantis up close. Most of the shops were closed and all we really saw was the aquarium and we walked around a bit, but nothing great. Downtown was all open though with lot's of shops and good deals on souvenirs-plus I really enjoyed doing our own walking tour. Frommer's has a walking tour to Nassau online which we pulled from.

As for excurions, in St. Thomas my friend and I did a local tour and LOVED it. It was called Sunny Liston tours. We got the owner for a driver, but he had multiple buses. It cost $25 and we got time to shop downtown, a great tour up the mountain, and were dropped off at any beach of your choosing. My friend and I wanted to go to Coral World near Coki beach, so he dropped just the 2 of us there and came back at the agreed upon time. He plays fun music and has people singing along-we definitely were seeming to have WAY more fun than any other tour group!!! I'd highly recommend it-I believe you can find info on the net. Just be warned, the driving is a bit crazy! A bit like a rollercoaster.

For St. Maaten we did a Carnival tour-Something like "dutch and french island experience" for $35. It was good because you got to go pretty much all over the island(lot's of picture places, time to Shop in Marigot), and also got a really yummy snack(mmm...best chocolate croissant I've ever eaten and rum punch-or some other options of drink/snack). I enjoyed it, although it was not quite as fun as the St. Thomas local tour :)

As for things on the ship, if Butch is still the cruise director I recommend going to his shows/classes-he is so hysterical!! His dance disco line dancing class was one of the best things I did on the trip. There were also other classes offered by the Glory dancers such as the "Thriller" dance. It is so much fun and everyone looks as stupid, so it's no problem!!! The carnival colours night and deck party was a lot of fun (providing you like to cheer and enjoy "team spirit" type things!) I'd recommend bringing something in white, red, and blue (as you don't know your "team colour" before going aboard) so you can identfy your team for the party (again, if you like that sort of thing!)

Those are my biggest suggestions :) Enjoy!

Archived