UK Oasis of the Seas - we can't book yet!!!!!

Bit of a rant coming here.

I was very excited about booking Oasis but as I am only just C&A then I knew I was going to have to wait until tomorrow - 28th.

I wanted to book through TA as they can give me 10% discount so I booked some time off work tomorrow and booked an appointment with my TA. All looking good so far…

The I read on here that booking opened up for ALL C&A members last night, and even some non C&A members :mad:

Obviously there was nothing I could do until UK RCI and my TA opened this morning.

9am I was on the phone to both - well I was on phone to one and partner on the phone to the other.

Guess what - RCI UK know nothing about this and as far as they are concerned I cannot book until tomorrow at 1pm :confused:

I have just played merry hell and told them what is happening across the pond and they are still telling me they know nothing. I know have to wait until 2pm our time (until Miami opens) for them to call RCI.com and find out if I am allowed to book.

What a farce.

Normally I wouldn't be so bothered but we are looking to book the same D1 cabin for a 2 week B2B and I read on here earlier that someone had already taken the last D1 cabin for a particular cruise that wasn't even the inaugural.

What a shoddy way to operate. I wasn't that pleased when I heard about the initial booking rules (some before others) but at least it was fairer than this.

Looks like even though us UK sailers have to pay more than our US counterparts, we still get put to the back of the queue.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :

I am a US TA and we can't book anyone here either until tomorrow. It seems the only one who can is AAA as they must have made a deal with the cruiseline so you are not the only ones shoved to the back of the line.

Thanks for the reply Sue.

I have just been back and re-read a few threads about this and it seems that you can book via C&A direct in the US and also through the TA. Quite a few people booked direct with RCI and C&A last night and not via AAA.

I am still waiting a reply from RCI UK but still not happy :mad:

So as of right now even if youre a c&A memeber you can only book by calling? Also does anyone know how many cabins you need to book to receive a discount and what the discount is? We are looking into a family sail sep/2010.....any info would help! Thanks!

Just had a call from RCI UK to say yes we can book now. Got my TA on the case as we speak.

What a farce!!!!!!!!!!!

I alerted the UK office in the middle of the night about what happened last night and it is being investigated by them.

I am glad you can now book :D

The UK office had not been told about the early booking opening even earlier. It is not their fault,the blame once again should be aimed at the Miami office. :mad: The way cruisers on this side of the pond have been treated with regard to Oasis bookings is absolutely disgusting...oh yea and beleive me I told them that.:mad:

I am a US TA and we can't book anyone here either until tomorrow. It seems the only one who can is AAA as they must have made a deal with the cruiseline so you are not the only ones shoved to the back of the line.

Sue, My TA booked for me last night and it wasn't AAA.

Well I am finally booked.

Couldn't get the exact cabin we wanted but more than happy with 12194 which we got (D1).

2 week B2B - May 8th & 15th.

Not happy about the way it has been handled though and will be writing a letter of complaint. The supervisor in the UK told me to send to UK and FAO of JO RZYMOWSKA if anyone else is interested in doing the same.

Well I am finally booked.

Couldn't get the exact cabin we wanted but more than happy with 12194 which we got (D1).

2 week B2B - May 8th & 15th.

Not happy about the way it has been handled though and will be writing a letter of complaint. The supervisor in the UK told me to send to UK and FAO of JO RZYMOWSKA if anyone else is interested in doing the same.

Congrats. I am sure he surprised a bunch of the staff with that announcement last night. The after effects were your unfortunate experience with the person on the phone who had no idea what had transpired. Maybe hadn't even read the email yet that it was now allowed. Normal in TA offices with unexpected announcements and customer finding out before the agent.

Similar problems over here with some TA's getting in last night and some not.

I would love to do a B2B one day.

You are making such a big deal about this. You need to chill and wait too bad for you.

You need to quit being rude. If you don't have anything productive to add, skip the thread and go somewhere else.

You need to get a life. You are making such a big deal about this. You need to chill and wait too bad for you.

Is there really any need for a comment like this. :confused:

Thank you mckinna for your thread in response.

Is there really any need for a comment like this. :confused:

Thank you mckinna for your thread in response.

You're welcome. That's the only part of this site that I dislike- people who are rude just for the sake of being rude.

Glad you were able to book. We had gotten a call last week inviting us to book, but with the dates so far out, I'm not sure when to do it. We're going on Adventure this Sunday, and I think I'll get an appt with the LA to see about it.

Archived